• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman Yet another Shammy race thread

TheFishyOne

So my p99 guild rolled some Hordies here, and want me to join them. Since I already have a Human Warrior, I figured I’d make a Shammy. Now, unlike with Pallies, I enjoy Shaman Healing. I’d like to roll an Orc, but would I be gimping myself by not going Troll for Berzeeking? While I’m thinking about it, is there any place in Horde raids for Enhancement Shammies? They do more DPS than Ret Pallies, and bring some improved totems that a Resto Shammy could not pick up without gimping himself.

Orcs, with Bloodlust and Axe Spec, seem like they would go together with Enhancement Shammies like Pallies and free level 40 mounts. What do you guys think? Would I stand a decent chance of getting into a raid as an Enhancement Shammy, or should I just roll a troll and heal? Keep in mind that Rets often raid, and I, myself, had a choice of PuG raids back on Nost as a Tankadin.

Last edited:
From my personal experience as shaman i rarely find myself in a harmed situation so don't expect 30% but expect 10-15% haste at most. Berzerking costs mana and i rarely truly found the need for it.

True an orc has no competitive side with trolls when it comes to healing but orcs are more fun as off-spec and lets be realistic :)
u deffenitely wanna play offspec from time to time ^^

As shaman race wont make a massive difference, ofc berzerk is kinda nice but its not something that will make an earthshattering change as you gotta keep in mind the GCD of 0.5 seconds + mana cost that comes with it :)

raiding as enhancement is rarely something u can do except for much much later and then only on farm runs most likely or if they give you a nightfall axe although hunter/warr are better with it.

Good points, but keep in mind that if I end up raiding, it will be with my buddies from p99, and since we do our neckbearding there, I imagine our approach to WoW will be...casual, by comparison.

you want to be a mighty green orc
or a weirdo skinny thing with no shoes?

its that simple

Or a huge cow roflstomping ppl left and right :)
Shaman race mostly counts in pvp, but even there all three are good but very situational

Tauren HP bonus only applies to base heath, so a level 60 Tauren Warrior will only have 200 more HP than an Orc Warrior.

usually reidleader forces everyone to drink rumsey rum even for 150 hp

Top Bottom