• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information What Experience Rates You Prefer?

Experience Rates

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also a huge difference in people's definitions of the word blizzlike

The term Blizzlike is specifically used to describe a private server that will play similar to the way retail was played that is, not custom content (xp boosts, level boosts, custom scripting, etc). So yes, Kronos is Blizzlike and Emerald Dream is Blizzlike as well. There really is no other definition to that term and if you think there is, you aren't using the term correctly.

And deviating from it a little bit, in order to attract more players, isn't neccessarily considered as not being blizzlike by those people, because the main qualities that earned you that title are still present and untouched.

Those people are confused as to what blizzlike actually means. Changing xp rates causes multiple (yet subtle) changes from the experience offered through classic WoW. This results in a server offering custom (not classic) content. Kronos is advertising a Blizzlike vanilla experience, so that's what a lot of us here are expecting.

Voltaire, almost all the number you provided are wrong.

You have to do better than that to prove me otherwise, I even told you that all those numbers can easily be traced & verified, had you just bothered spending a few minutes on it.

Rebirth was at around 750 players online at the same time pre ddos. The server only became unplayable when it actually went offline around the beginning of October.

Voltaire, I think you fail to understand that this isn't just about population. They want to make a classic blizzlike server, that's it. They aren't trying to make a server that will please the entire private server community, just those that want to play classic blizzlike. Anything above x1 exp rates is viewed by most as a "play around" server that is not designed to feel like how live WoW was, but rather a custom experience. I would be willing to bet a lot of the players on those crazy high xp rate servers or instant max level still play live and just mess around on private servers for fun.

This is a classic, blizzlike project that is attempting to emulate the vanilla experience, and that is it. Changing the xp rates deviates from that emulation and defeats the entire purpose of the project. That classic retail feeling can still be achieved with an active player base of 600-800, although the higher the pop the better (in most cases). I wouldn't sacrifice the integrity of the project however for those who don't appreciate the classic experience.

You fail to understand that it's very much about the population that matters. A community of a few hundred dedicated players is not enough to sustain a private server nor make it a success in the long run, history has shown that time and time again.

Regarding the "Rebirth" population being "300-400 active players logged in every evening", I just quoted the information present in this wiki article: http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rebirth_(Private_Server) and yes, it's known that the population did start to rise later on - I even said it myself in my previous post, but the rise came only from a few hundred ragequitting Feenix players. And no it never peaked ~700 players logged on either (Wiki article says it peaked 500, I'll compromise and say up to ~600.) Before that the server had been stagnating for years. And even though this is a wiki link, it is still 10x more of a reliable source than some guy named "Asmodeus" saying something that can't be verified right now (I would perform a census reading, but the server has been unplayable for months.)

Census for "Emerald Dream" is available for everyone to see at: http://www.feenixcensus.com/. As you can see if you look at the "24- hour activity" tab on the right, then it didn't even peak the 1k player mark yesterday on a wednesday (905 players peak as told by the "around the clock" data received by this dedicated website), the greatest and most active raiding day of the week (together with sunday.) and to make matters worse, then it's november, raiding "season" is in it's peak prime right now. People will only start to leave again after spring.

Population numbers for "Valkyrie" can be checked on their front page: https://valkyrie-wow.org/ , on a wednesday raiding night they didn't peak past 470 players either. There is no information to refer to when it comes to "TaintedWoW", but it's known that only the guild "Alixium" lured some people on there, when they migrated there for a while. They managed to lure in a hundred people, but it never picked up, they were dissapointed, they left and the server shut down shortly after.

It's a well known fact that Warsong peaks at 2700 (down from ~3600). I can perform a scan for you on sunday if you like. Information regarding "Scriptcraft" can be found here:
http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/World_of_Scriptcraft . Information regarding "VanillaGaming's" population can be found here: http://vanillagaming.org/index.php/features-mainmenu-47 , Al' Akir has been stuck at 200-300 players logged on every evening for over a year now, there is no debate there and the numbers aren't really even that impressive nor worthy of exaggeration. None of the numbers I've presented are pulled out of my ass.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any census data on Qgaming, so I used the numbers I myself had witnessed when I did a census reading on them a few years ago to see if the servers were picking up and if the launch is heading in a positive direction towards success. But if you perform some googling, then you find a lot of "Scriptcraft vs Qgaming" rivalry topics on forums and a lot of light is shed in those comments there. People pointing to population numbers etc. Qgaming was popular enough to compete against Scriptcraft on a decent level whils't they were both out.

Voltaire the master of gibberish and made up facts

I am the only one going into detail and bringing any facts to the table at all. Most of you don't have a case at all. All you have is your personal opinions built upon ignorance and fueled by emotions.

Last edited:
At voltaire - False details and self made facts makes you look foolish and hard to take you serious.

What you've proven is that in general population on multi-rate servers are higher than population on 1x servers. There never really was a doubt about that.

What you fail to prove for a fact is that if this server where to choose x2 instead of x1 the population would be 3-4 times higher. From what you have posted so far there are no facts stating that the playbase of say warsong which is a 12x server would leave in heaps for a x2 server. Most of the multirate servers seem to have much higher rates than x2 so higher population on those servers are not = higher population on a potential x2 server.

You also said that it was over 3 years since a multirate server was released, given that the vanilla private server business couldn't have existed for more than around 8 years it would be impossible to find a relevant example of server population migration. A lot of things changes in 3 years.

And it would also be impossible for you to prove for a fact that it would cause 3-4x higher population if they choose x2 rates because even if you had examples and tendencies from other servers, changing times, different server and all kinds of other unpredictable variables would have an effect. That's why you can't call it a fact.

Given those "facts" and taking in to account some of the points about Kronos having a big project backing it up, the large amount of hype around this project and the fact that this server hopefully is going to be properly scripted, I would say that it is likely that: The choosing x2 rates isn't only way for Kronos to reach a healthy population.

The server will likely get higher population if it chooses to go with x2 rates, I know nothing about that, what i'm not buying is that it's the only way for the server to reach critical mass.

Last edited:
What you've proven is that in general population on multi-rate servers are higher than population on 1x servers. There never really was a doubt about that.

What you fail to prove for a fact is that if this server where to choose x2 instead of x1 the population would be 3-4 times higher. From what you have posted so far there are no facts stating that the playbase of say warsong which is a 12x server would leave in heaps for a x2 server. Most of the multirate servers seem to have much higher rates than x2 so higher population on those servers are not = higher population on a potential x2 server.

You also said that it was over 3 years since a multirate server was released, given that the vanilla private server business couldn't have existed for more than around 8 years it would be impossible to find a relevant example of server population migration. A lot of things changes in 3 years.

And it would also be impossible for you to prove for a fact that it would cause 3-4x higher population if they choose x2 rates because even if you had examples and tendencies from other servers, changing times, different server and all kinds of other unpredictable variables would have an effect. That's why you can't call it a fact.

Given those "facts" and taking in to account some of the points about Kronos having a big project backing it up, the large amount of hype around this project and the fact that this server hopefully is going to be properly scripted, I would say that it is likely that: The choosing x2 rates isn't only way for Kronos to reach a healthy population.

The server will likely get higher population if it chooses to go with x2 rates, I know nothing about that, what i'm not buying is that it's the only way for the server to reach critical mass.
Simple thing called authenticity. People play private servers because they don't want to pay for subscription. Every server has some kind of fuck up. Glitches all over the place etc... I've yet to see a server which is authentic to blizzard server. That is the reason why there exists higher then normal exp gain. Nobody wants to lvl normally then hit a roadblock because quests are bugged or dungeons and he can't move forward unless he kills boars. This is where kronos kicks in. Devs as i have read are working their arses off to make everything work and be as authentic as it can be. That's why it needs to be normal exp gain because it's REAL server not glitchy errory buggy bullshit.
It's really quite simple. People won't come to kronos because it has 3x exp gain or 5x exp gain or 2x exp gain (if it had which it won't fortunately :D ) but will come because kronos will be authentic and fully operational.

Don't know if anybody else saw the banner, but apparently it's a 1-7x server. I guess I'll be sticking to peenix.

Well...i dont think they still dont know what will be Xp rate...but maybe first week or mouth will be more that x1...Didnt sure about that :smile:

Don't know if anybody else saw the banner, but apparently it's a 1-7x server. I guess I'll be sticking to peenix.

What banner? 1x-7x is a thing of the past and the only way you could have seen it is if you saw something that shouldn't be accessible by now.

As far as i know it says 1x under information tab:) lets hope it stays that way :)

I voted for 1-2x, with 1x as the base and 2x as an optional thing. I have a lot of experience with leveling in Vanilla, and given how generally poorly the quests were laid and spaced out, I think 2x is a nice way to cut the mindless grind a bit, especially for notoriously poor leveling classes like Warrior (compared to Hunter/Mage). And if anyone thinks that with 2x you will outlevel a zone, I'm guessing they don't remember Vanilla that well.

In any case, I'm very excited to come play when it releases.

Yea i usually run out of quests for a little while even when I play while rested. But that motivates you to do a lowlvl dungeon once in a while.

Voted for 1-3x.. 2 or 3x should be fine.. Making leveling just A LITTLE BIT faster and shouldn't ruin anything.. It's like playing with rested xp all the time (on 2x). Might attract players who don't wanna invest time in leveling new character from scratch on 1x rate.. I actually know some guys who will refuse to move away from other servers (that look way worse that Kronos) just because they already leveled 2 or 3 characters on 1x rates and don't wanna bother doing that all over again. It's your call tho, I'll be happy with whatever you give us.. After all there are different reasons to join a server than xp rates. Good luck looking forward to release date!

would be even better if rates are less then 1.0x for example 0.6x or 0.9x, to get exp. you have to explore more places and zones to be fully immersed in this atmosphere and scripts that have been worked on by, not just chasing 60 lvl, "enjoy the road, not the destination" and to be 60 will be true elitism.

Last edited:
would be even better if rates are less then 1.0x for example 0.6x or 0.9x, to get exp. you have to explore more places and zones to be fully immersed in this atmosphere and scripts that have been worked on by, not just chasing 60 lvl, "enjoy the road, not the destination" and to be 60 will be true elitism.
hahahahahahahaha

yea I totally agree

This is extreme autism

Guys im sorry but it has to be a 14x leveling server me and my friend josh only get to play for an hour everyday then it turns off so sorry it has to be 14 times for me and josh.

Guys im sorry but it has to be a 14x leveling server me and my friend josh only get to play for an hour everyday then it turns off so sorry it has to be 14 times for me and josh.
that's funny because the last time I enjoyed the mindless grind that is leveling I was like 15

Emerald Dream has tons of people and I'm sure lots of Kronos people have Emerald Dream accounts who can advertise on there, if it's not 1x speed recruiting those people might be a lot more difficult. Feenix people want a way out of their crappy server and Kronos deserves to be the server that gives it to them.

I'd prefer 1-3x. I just leveled another 60 character on ED before I found out about Kronos, and seeing that the server is not too far away, I'd love atleast 3x instances/quests or something. Cause for me personally, I am pretty much burnt out in the case of leveling, but if most of you want an 1x speed, that's fine too, but I'd love atleast 3x xp on a couple of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom