• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos population census & numbers

The poll on the Horde side is currently running. 58/150 answers. Current status can be seen at [Google doc : Raiders and barriers to PvP]. Questions that were asked to the players are at the end of page. I am ending the poll after 7 full days, on the 28th of november, 0:00 ST. I plan to have 3x EU guilds and 1x NA guild included.

Method : I got the names of all raiders from 4 different Horde guilds (3x EU, 1x NA) using the latest boss kills, taken from Bosskills and put them in an excel file. I then sent in-game mails titled "PvP poll" containing the 6 questions seen on the Google doc to all those players. I manually collected the answers and filled the excel file with those. I then sent a thank you reply with information on how to find this thread.

I would be grateful if someone would help me on the Alliance side with the same methods.

Last edited:
Be aware that ONSLAUGHT has 40 raiders at core rank who make every raid and we do 2 MCs a week (20 at one, 20 at the other) using alts. If you got your list from an MC or an Ony chances are you didn't mail some core players. BWL list is more accurate.

Be aware that ONSLAUGHT has 40 raiders at core rank who make every raid and we do 2 MCs a week (20 at one, 20 at the other) using alts. If you got your list from an MC or an Ony chances are you didn't mail some core players. BWL list is more accurate.

That's a good point. I did mail Onslaught players coming from a MC raid. That may explain why I have had less answers coming from this guild. Future potential polls should take it into account. Considering you raid MC 2x a week with alts I am guessing they should end up login at some point assuming no changes to raiding habits.

Last edited:
The Horde poll has now ended with 58/149 players having answered. Thank you all for your participation.

Results are presented and discussed [Here] for convenience of presentation.

barriers to pvp kronos.jpg
(Sample)

So based off that people seem to be turn off from pvp mainly because of premades/getting steam rolled, and it's likely because of this that less people pvp in resulting in long que times.

So based off that people seem to be turn off from pvp mainly because of premades/getting steam rolled, and it's likely because of this that less people pvp in resulting in long que times.

People need to change, they need to embrace losing BGs against premades all day without even being given a mark from 10 minute games by horde premade. Otherwise they aren't worthy of playing this game.

It's true, ask Lharts.

I stop play often pvp on Kronos for two reasons.
1.If i play whit premade there is no fun there is no feel to play its totally bored
2. if i play whitout premade 90% of the time i join in BGs wich inside are horde premade vs 4-5 alliance
so imo pvp in kronos is based on monopoly by rank farmers and pvp population on kronos is not real

Some people ingame ask me what i mean when i say "pvp is monopolized" so let me explain:
For example... Premade A and Premade B farm honor for standings ,but Premade A is weaker and dont want face Premade B ingame ,because the game will be long and they will lose (generally they will defend until premade B take the victory). Due to the fact that Premade A want to overfarm and eliminates all potential "standing stealers" they dont want waste there time at battle like this. And then game is open and battleground queue is poped for both premades ,but premade A spy monitor who will get inside in this freshly game and when they saw they simply drop queue,but game is already open and Premade B is already inside so ingame are 10 vs 0 and some casual players who are solo queue and they want to play some pvp for the fun began receiving invitation for the game whit Premade B.The game begin 10 vs 3 to 6 and spots never fill because never had enough people in solo queue, due to the fact that when people do 2 games like this simply they lose fun and motivation and they stop queue for battleground.
There is also another ways to monopolized pvp... in AV weekends when honor farmers see some advanced players whit honor they start block theyr progression by making AV to become 1 big turtle .
I saw many many ways "PvP stars" in Kronos to ensure their condition, but they thus not allowing to develop PVP.I dont judge them, rank 14 is pain... this make yourself paranoid and nolife and its is on the right ,but if we want qualitatively PvP we have to do something so it can pvp population RISE.
Server is small trust me its so bored when u want to rape some enemis and wait 15 mins for that and when the moment begin u get reckt because game is 10vs5 or something like that... this discourage people and more of them stop pvp......
OPEN WORLD PVP FOR LIFE :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
My guild is finally at the point where everyone's consumables are good and I have stocked up tens of thousands of herbs so I decided to begin reputation grind for Warsong and Basin. I work as an overnight IT admin with plenty of spare time while performing maintenance and work orders and so my 12 hour shifts have given me the most played time on the server. I have experienced exactly what Serenery is describing and it really sucks that the best scripted Vanilla server in the world has the absolute tiniest pvp playerbase I've ever seen. I got standing 13 last week barely even playing! If I wanted to push it would be so easy, my guild has a ton of very very PVP hungry players (many unranked or low ranked) and very few raidloggers and high morale in ONSLAUGHT and we could pre-made all day but I tell them that premades ruin the server. It shouldn't be that way.

Last edited:
Some people ingame ask me what i mean when i say "pvp is monopolized" so let me explain:
For example... Premade A and Premade B farm honor for standings ,but Premade A is weaker and dont want face Premade B ingame ,because the game will be long and they will lose (generally they will defend until premade B take the victory). Due to the fact that Premade A want to overfarm and eliminates all potential "standing stealers" they dont want waste there time at battle like this. And then game is open and battleground queue is poped for both premades ,but premade A spy monitor who will get inside in this freshly game and when they saw they simply drop queue,but game is already open and Premade B is already inside so ingame are 10 vs 0 and some casual players who are solo queue and they want to play some pvp for the fun began receiving invitation for the game whit Premade B.The game begin 10 vs 3 to 6 and spots never fill because never had enough people in solo queue, due to the fact that when people do 2 games like this simply they lose fun and motivation and they stop queue for battleground.
There is also another ways to monopolized pvp... in AV weekends when honor farmers see some advanced players whit honor they start block theyr progression by making AV to become 1 big turtle .
I saw many many ways "PvP stars" in Kronos to ensure their condition, but they thus not allowing to develop PVP.I dont judge them, rank 14 is pain... this make yourself paranoid and nolife and its is on the right ,but if we want qualitatively PvP we have to do something so it can pvp population RISE.
Server is small trust me its so bored when u want to rape some enemis and wait 15 mins for that and when the moment begin u get reckt because game is 10vs5 or something like that... this discourage people and more of them stop pvp......
OPEN WORLD PVP FOR LIFE :shifty:

Everything that's wrong with this servers pvp playerbase in one post. I have experienced some players treating the ranking system like an exclusive club that you have to be a unquestioning member of or face harassment until you quit. Suddenly playing for your own enjoyment is no longer allowed.

How many of the rank 14s on the server have quit/sold or traded their accounts, too? Whats it all for!?

Last edited:
How many? I thought there could only be one rank 14 every 1000 active PvPers.

Kronos has at least 6.

And as I type this I'm being made aware one of my guild members who is daring to rank up has had alliance alts of horde players camp him in Silithus. :lol:

And as I type this I'm being made aware one of my guild members who is daring to rank up has had alliance alts of horde players camp him in Silithus. :lol:

I am so sorry to hear such a terrible thing has happened to ONSLAUGHT. You guys have in no way deserved that opposite faction's players/chars camp your rankers. That is as terrible as it sounds and I wish you all well as soon as possible.

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/101765-Mcdaggers-Honor-Win-trading

I am so sorry to hear such a terrible thing has happened to ONSLAUGHT. You guys have in no way deserved that opposite faction's players/chars camp your rankers. That is as terrible as it sounds and I wish you all well as soon as possible.

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/101765-Mcdaggers-Honor-Win-trading

Thank you for the well wishes. I was unaware those ONSLAUGHT members were alliance alts trying to prevent someone on the same faction from ranking up.

During this AB weekend, not a single game was dodged by alliance premade. I played 9 hours on both Friday and Saturday. Last week, the amount of dodging was 3 games total.

During this AB weekend, not a single game was dodged by alliance premade. I played 9 hours on both Friday and Saturday. Last week, the amount of dodging was 3 games total.
He would not be affected that began to say how many games have dodge :sad:

Well, I was hoping for pop going up, but it seems its going down.. so no hope for better pvp I guess.

Well, I was hoping for pop going up, but it seems its going down.. so no hope for better pvp I guess.

Keep in mind that the active population >20 might show some variability because of gaming patterns (less gaming before the holidays?), Census errors (not counting the population for some hours) and me not getting the census data at the exact same hours. But I agree that whatever change is happening (+/-) it seems very slow and might need some push/help.

All we need is refer-a-friend leveling bonus and voting system to help advertise Kronos. Current status quo isn't helping much.

v3vqTAq.jpg

Zul'gurub is planned to release on the 13th december. So far the announcement, the PTR, the release announcement and the incoming release do not seem to have affected the population numbers according to the census. Variation is in the usual range.

Should we be hyping more or differently? Or am I looking at the wrong data to see it? Or else?

Attachments

• kronos players online.jpg
    kronos players online.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Top Bottom