• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nostalrius drama,Is Kronos ready?

jutasi

Im sure a lot of you have seen what the nostalrius team did with their pvpers.If not, go to their forums its a good laugh anyway.

Long story short they pulled a Feenix 2.0 but even more harsh.Banning people left and right and closing threads.

Now as for Kronos with x7 coming this weekend, means thousands of people will come over.
Personally Id like to say hats off to the Kronos team for making the absolute best decision for the good of the server!
Now question is : Our body ready for the masses?

Keep up the good work!

I would like that the devs be extremely careful with the quality of players coming. It may sound harsh and elitist, but when Niko, a known bad mannered ( and a bit racist ) pvper shows discontent, and most of his followers consider Kronos, it's a time where most rules about respect must be enforced above all else.

Yeah the group of people seen in Ironforge yesterday didnt exactly represent what I have seen from the Kronos community as a whole. I guess its up to the old members to lead with example and do our best to uphold the friendly community we've had so far.

I would like that the devs be extremely careful with the quality of players coming. It may sound harsh and elitist, but when Niko, a known bad mannered ( and a bit racist ) pvper shows discontent, and most of his followers consider Kronos, it's a time where most rules about respect must be enforced above all else.

Total agree. Kronos devs must be very careful. There should be no tolerance for bad behiver. If there is one thing that distinguished Kronos from others Vanilla projekts it's friendship not only of people playing on the server but also of devs team. It should stay that way ;)

Im sure a lot of you have seen what the nostalrius team did with their pvpers.If not, go to their forums its a good laugh anyway.

I had a look at it and I'll add my comments.

Apparently many N players are well aware of an exploit in their battleground queue system which allows for forced matchups with alts, abused for wintrading, and nobody from the server owners really cares (bur/kek). That was reported to one of their GMs, who apparently banned 30+ people (well, justice. Or?).
How did he check that stuff is unknown.
The proofs that were presented told an interesting story of who abused and how, but there was no proof in there (well, if I was a GM I would check them "in action").
Later, 12 of those 30 kept appealing to the GMs for an unban, claiming they were not part of anything like that and after 3rd post, they got unbanned.
According to the forum posters on N, there's a conspiracy going where N leadership "got paid" to unban them and they were allowed to keep their honor, even though being proven guilty (again, by what exactly?). Also, apparently the only proof for the conspiracy is that the 12 unbanned players logged into the game all together after a server crash (LOLd).
What's more interesting, the crying part of community from N was very annoyed by the fact, that the unbanned players were unbanned and that the unbanned players kept the same amount of honor from previous week while the rest of playerbase had to catch up to them (how about the N playerbase wakes up and demands explanation and proofs regarding the case that were never shown?).
Later, the N admin posted a reply that the 12 unbanned people will have their previous week's honor removed. That means their honor ranking remains.

For me, there are 4 conclusions:
- the staff of Nos are morons. One GM is banning multitude of players on anecdotal evidence, then forum moderators lock forum posts with explanation that "the case was investigated" and they cannot appeal. Suddently, another GM is unbanning them next week based on (yet again) anecdotal evidence. And again, forum moderators are locking topics, explaining that the "case was re-checked". Well, I say those people doing the checking need a kick in the butt.
- N admin topped it off by deleting honor of the unbanned. If they were innocent, why did you take their honor? If they were guilty, why did you unban them in the first place? Makes no sense either way. Well, people were right when they advised to stay away from that place :wink:
- the people who reported this are morons aswell! It's a known fact that topics disappear from N, so it's your fault that those mentioned "mountains of evidence" got "deleted", you should have kept everything in a separate place. That one pastebin being linked everywhere contains only names, no proofs.
- Why the hell do you bring your drama here?

Sadly, I didn't really find much to laugh at :mellow:

Last edited:
Why thank you OP, but we are perfectly able to create our own drama as it is.

Players consider leaving? Stop kidding yourself. The same shits "considered" leaving when Athairne took over feenix and guess what happened? They left, yeah, after 3 more years.

@Psojed you seem to have no clue what is actually going on... top shitpost

Last edited:
To be honest, a couple players are gonna come over here.

My guess : less than 200.

That cancer that shows up yesterday in IF is not what we actually want here. Several spams, guys were called c*nts f*ggots etc. So we burned them with cooking fire and then we burned ourselves. But since we are a nice community they will be filtered and forever forgotten.

Last edited:
That cancer that shows up yesterday in IF is not what we actually want here. Several spams, guys were called c*nts f*ggots etc. So we burned them with cooking fire and then we burned ourselves. But since we are a nice community they will be filtered and forever forgotten.

this is what people aren't understanding, they think because there's a vocal minority it will poison the community. i don't think this is true. i wouldn't worry, just be more vigilant with the reports and pitch in where you can to help the team.

*woops

Last edited:

Rules are rules, everyone is expected to follow them. Theres a blacklist forum to be used if you see players breaking rules ;)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
That cancer that shows up yesterday in IF is not what we actually want here. Several spams, guys were called c*nts f*ggots etc.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]And this player was dealt with as soon as we (the gm team) were able to.[/FONT]

Last edited:
I think this sort of apprehension is like the hype: just people looking for entertainment. I doubt there's any cause for concern.

Our developers are great, and this is a fine community! Seems like the boards are always the first to spell doom

Hello comrade, I tried out this server because I heard about a nice community, but when I go afk in IF they COOK me like meat and laugh as I die... nice way to welcome a noob.. :(

Hello comrade, I tried out this server because I heard about a nice community, but when I go afk in IF they COOK me like meat and laugh as I die... nice way to welcome a noob.. :(

Burning you was a mistake, the real target was ****** and his friend but somebody told that you were spammin and Dance went pyromaniac :D We even burned few own members. So i am sorry for that.

Last edited:
Haven't noticed much toxicity Horde side beyond the usual, minimal trolling thus far, but I feel confident the dev team will handle the inevitable influx of toxic players.
Focus on keeping the community positive, lead by example and be swift on the reports and all will be well.
:thumbup1:

Yes, I think Kronos will be ready for a substantial influx of new players. When this server was in Beta for a month, Nostalrius was already open and numerous exploits were being exposed on that server after a couple of weeks. That was a good thing for this server - triggered spawn mobs and rigged chests as well as forced instance resetting of mobs while keeping players inside of an instance were never a problem here.

On the opening day of Kronos we had one or more smart guys trying to run very low level alts to high level zones to park in front of chest locations, to loot them on timers. Chero squashed that crap flat. It was hilarious to see the few tears of the guilty.

I have a good amount of faith in the server staff that they'll continue discouraging certain practices that happen on Nostalrius (and other servers). I just hope I have enough popcorn for the show once the reports start rolling in.

Speaking of which, OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is an amazing free (no cost) piece of video recording software that I'm especially fond of. It's easy to set up, easy to use, and low on system resources when it's recording. Get ready for the player influx and potential problems if you're worried about them and give the staff a leg up by providing quality proof of bad behavior you come across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYdczAfvxMo

Speaking of which, OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is an amazing free (no cost) piece of video recording software that I'm especially fond of. It's easy to set up, easy to use, and low on system resources when it's recording.

Can OBS run on MacBook Pros?

I had a look at it and I'll add my comments.

Apparently many N players are well aware of an exploit in their battleground queue system which allows for forced matchups with alts, abused for wintrading, and nobody from the server owners really cares (bur/kek). That was reported to one of their GMs, who apparently banned 30+ people (well, justice. Or?).
How did he check that stuff is unknown.
The proofs that were presented told an interesting story of who abused and how, but there was no proof in there (well, if I was a GM I would check them "in action").
Later, 12 of those 30 kept appealing to the GMs for an unban, claiming they were not part of anything like that and after 3rd post, they got unbanned.
According to the forum posters on N, there's a conspiracy going where N leadership "got paid" to unban them and they were allowed to keep their honor, even though being proven guilty (again, by what exactly?). Also, apparently the only proof for the conspiracy is that the 12 unbanned players logged into the game all together after a server crash (LOLd).
What's more interesting, the crying part of community from N was very annoyed by the fact, that the unbanned players were unbanned and that the unbanned players kept the same amount of honor from previous week while the rest of playerbase had to catch up to them (how about the N playerbase wakes up and demands explanation and proofs regarding the case that were never shown?).
Later, the N admin posted a reply that the 12 unbanned people will have their previous week's honor removed. That means their honor ranking remains.

For me, there are 4 conclusions:
- the staff of Nos are morons. One GM is banning multitude of players on anecdotal evidence, then forum moderators lock forum posts with explanation that "the case was investigated" and they cannot appeal. Suddently, another GM is unbanning them next week based on (yet again) anecdotal evidence. And again, forum moderators are locking topics, explaining that the "case was re-checked". Well, I say those people doing the checking need a kick in the butt.
- N admin topped it off by deleting honor of the unbanned. If they were innocent, why did you take their honor? If they were guilty, why did you unban them in the first place? Makes no sense either way. Well, people were right when they advised to stay away from that place :wink:
- the people who reported this are morons aswell! It's a known fact that topics disappear from N, so it's your fault that those mentioned "mountains of evidence" got "deleted", you should have kept everything in a separate place. That one pastebin being linked everywhere contains only names, no proofs.
- Why the hell do you bring your drama here?

Sadly, I didn't really find much to laugh at :mellow:

I have logs that show me this : ]

Greetings all! Nosta was my first private server. My real life friends and I had created a guild there at which we reached well over 200 members with 30 members on at any given time. Everything was going well or so we thought until we hit 60 and then several of our guild members were getting banned for things they were not even involved or even new how to do. Nosta has turned into a nightmare. The bottom line is there many good mature players there that are fed up with Nosta and just want to play on a good wow server. I was about to walk away from wow again but I had made one last post in general chat on Nosta tonight to warn others what has been happening when someone said "They shouldn't have been botting, go back to Kronos." So I look this server up to see what it was about and like what I have read so I have decided to give you guys a try. ;)

Btw, is Kronos full PVP server?

Best regards,
KingofKings

Top Bottom