• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid About to join the fray..

juggerulez

Hi all,
I'm new to the server(s) (I'm stuck at the account creation ç_ç) so I was taking this time to look at some data and I noticed druids are the least played class of both servers. How so? Doesn't work proper (mechanics wise) or you guys just don't like druids too much? :)
I was thinking about rolling a druid as main because the versatility it provides (dual spec was already implemented in vanilla, right?) but now I'm dubious.

Also, should I roll on server 1 or 2? I was planning on going Tauren <3

Thanks all :)

Dual specc wasn't put into the game till WotLK xDD

Druid's are good, you can tank until Naxx with feral if you really want to and do some hard work. Don't let anyone tell you differently, it can be done. Until naxx though. Thing is gear doesn't scale with anything but resto well, after AQ. If you want to tank till naxx, you'll be using a lot of old raid gear, such as MC. Feral dps is mehhh, still pretty okay. But what helps is that you can carry both dps and tank specc in one go, so that's good. Leveling is best to do with feral, and try mixing some resto talents every now and then, healing and tanking can be done without that much gear until end game 5 mans, on shamans, paladins, druids and warriors.

It's probably not picked often because, people are pressured into resto. Like I said, you can tank, just nothing after AQ. Warriors vastly outgear paladin and druid tanks after AQ, that's why in the long run, some people think it's not worth it. But if you're up for it, go for it. Do whatever you enjoy.

Moonkin runs out of mana. Just like an elemental shaman. Since raids only give one kind of tier set for each class, that sort of determined people's views.

thanks for the reply
i was actually thinking about healer and tank because i'd rather do ranged dps than melee, thus i'd go with hunter or lock instead of boomkin, but I'm afraid there is plenty of them around and since I'm willing to do nostalgia runs in 40 men raids, i'd rather go with the underdog class :D also I've extensive experience in raid healing with druids up till naxx (in vanilla I was hardcore, then RL kicked in hard :) )

What worries me more are server selection and faction... I'm actually on kronos II horde, but I fear that most of the action (both pvp and pve) is on the other side...

If you play Alli, there is a huge need for warlocks. Always a need for druids. Warlocks on horde are more popular and in competitive guilds, you should only bring 3 hunters to a raid as there range DPS at best reaches 700+ in Naxx gear which locks/mages can do with MC/BWL BiS gear. You are only taken for tranq shot and kiting mechanics which the kiting can be done be a mage using a down-ranked blizzard.

The "until Naxx" tanking isn't true. They can tank in Naxx as well, however they have some bosses that are better suited for them to heal/dispell rather than tank. Fights that have more magic damage than physical they can still do. As they can not push crushing and crits off the table as a warrior can.

Here is a link to a druid Naxx tank:

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=VG&player=Fallow

He is their 4th tank in guild.

If you play Alli, there is a huge need for warlocks. Always a need for druids. Warlocks on horde are more popular and in competitive guilds, you should only bring 3 hunters to a raid as there range DPS at best reaches 700+ in Naxx gear which locks/mages can do with MC/BWL BiS gear. You are only taken for tranq shot and kiting mechanics which the kiting can be done be a mage using a down-ranked blizzard.

The "until Naxx" tanking isn't true. They can tank in Naxx as well, however they have some bosses that are better suited for them to heal/dispell rather than tank. Fights that have more magic damage than physical they can still do. As they can not push crushing and crits off the table as a warrior can.

Here is a link to a druid Naxx tank:

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=VG&player=Fallow

He is their 4th tank in guild.

Jesus, I didn't mean to really be a bossy boots about the "until naxx" thing, it's just people are so harsh towards druids and paladin tanks.

Hmmm, horde not need warlocks anymore on Kronos 2? Is it a bit competitive to get into raids and such?

well I've never played feral tank in vanilla because I was our main raid healer and had the best gear and first pick (over 9000 dkp :v ) so it never felt right to ask my guild to swap role. nowadays i can't be as hardcore but i remember most of it and if a healer is what's needed to get a spot in a comfy guild (i.e. non hardcore but that still can pull its weight) i'm game.

about the ally/horde thing, it was more about the pvp aspect of the game rather than raid guild progression, because i'm not that much too invested in pvp and when I do it, i don't wanna wait hours for a queue and then loose because the other team is overwhelmingly good (or ours is mostly afk) like it used to be in vanilla (i was in the shitty neighborhood, sort of speak)

Does kronos still have the debuff limit? If not balance druids can put out a lot of dps with strong nukes and 2 strong DoTs.

I mean as expected, because I don't see a reason for it balance wise as the only function I can see is to just omit some specs and some other very minor debuffs.

I won't meddle in such matter, i'll just say that i was happy when blizz removed the limit, so many "minor debuffs" could be applied nonetheless, such as hunter's mark, which gave them the edge to compete in dps rushes against other heavy hitters.

Last edited:
Wait, debuff limit got removed on kronos? Go cat then honestly xD. Rake and rip are op af. I always knew feral dps is good, the limiting factor was shreds bc of debuff limit and shreds dont do much to 8k armor bosses or whatever amount thsy got.

Last edited:
From what I gather the limit is still there but I have no definitive confirmation. The kronos wiki says there is a 16 debuff limit

Top Bottom