• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Frustration about stuck/bugged mobs around Azeroth

Agreed, through reporting these problems it's actually to get fixed and technically a bug like this I've seen dozens of times on nost (Stranglethorn fever anyone?) where quest mobs or NPCs are bust or in spawned in via quest, they don't despawn and pile till server restart. Outside Stranglethron Fever, the water testing quest out in Tanaris is bugged too on nost where the beetles never despawn and result in this massive pile up that causes people to outright avoid this quest line

That's true. Quests like this are bugged on Nost as well.

i have levelled 2 chars to 60 so far on kronos, never came across any bugged questgivers. thats why im curious.

While i'm trying to lvl up i can see bugged mobs like EVERYWHERE. Especially stuck in trees, ground, walls of building and caves. Pets pathfinding is also broken, especially in caves. This makes questing and overall experience of the game so frustrating. This should be fixed a LONG time ago. In bug tracker i can see pathfinding issues reported like a year ago. Why this pathfinding issue wasn't complately fixed yet. If hyped and toxic Nost made it why not super cool Kronos. C'mon guys. I wanna see Kronos shine.
I don't wanna be so negative but seeing such thing on server that i have considered for the best out there is sad. :sad:

I agree that fixing pathing should be one of top priorities. It's simply impossible not to notice and players have to deal with it all the time, and has a major impact on the way (new) people see the realm.

Seeing as there's supposedly people coming to roll here on the 19th, it should be high on the priority list to set a good impression imo.

Don't get me wrong though, I am extremely impressed by the huge amount of things I have experienced on the way to 60 but this is a problem which is very noticeable.

Seeing as there's supposedly people coming to roll here on the 19th, it should be high on the priority list to set a good impression imo.

Don't get me wrong though, I am extremely impressed by the huge amount of things I have experienced on the way to 60 but this is a problem which is very noticeable.

Yeah that's what i mean. I'm guessing that people who are going to roll here are mostly from Nost. and If they see such a thing it will easily become very frustrating for them since there not such a thing on Nost. They will expect at least same quality here on Kronos.

Wish i knew how to work in C++ to help Devs fix this thing etirely as soon as possible.

[video=youtube;euvS-1xIxmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euvS-1xIxmM[/video]
butiful

Looks like you scared him too dead lol. This is just so frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you scared him too dead lol. This is just so frustrating.
Its not, since it literally happens only in 1 type of cave.
Having a bug like this is inconvenient at best. Having bugs with your class for eternity, that is what I call frustrating.

I agree that it's something which should be fixed ASAP as to give a more "polished" feel to the server, which is a pretty important thing (though my personal pet peeve on this subject is more on the overwhelming amount of weather).

But I'd like to point that mob stuck inside of trees (and nodes inside walls) were bugs which happened (and still sometimes happen) in retail. So it's not just like if Kronos had an especially bad system here, Blizzard had the same problem.

I remember having a few times nodes despawning right under my foot while I was about to mine them ; as such, I suppose one of the way they found to fix this problem was to have the creatures and nodes to have a limited "life-time" and reset after several hours.
Regarding to this post, server has some issues with quest NPC'S. I personaly haven't found any yet since i'm only lvl 11.
The only questgiver which had this problem I can remember, is Dashel Stonefist. It's noticeable because he's a mandatory NPC from a common chain quest, but bugged questgivers are actually pretty rare.

But I'd like to point that mob stuck inside of trees (and nodes inside walls) were bugs which happened (and still sometimes happen) in retail. So it's not just like if Kronos had an especially bad system here, Blizzard had the same problem

Yes. It happens even on retail and i think it's complately understandable if It's only occasionally thing.However in this case it happens too much offen. Everyone who played or still playing on Nost. must admit that this thing on Nost. is pretty rare.

Last edited:
That's because on nost they are static. following predetermined waypoints.

That gives me a good idea. Why not give single mobs that often get stuck such fixed waypoints or limit their wandering radius. My guess is thar this might be the easiest/fastest fix.

I must admit being new to this server, I have noticed this about 4 times and I am only level 7, hasn't put me off though, people should see past it and get a feel for the community!

As stated above, it's so common, because server was not restarted for many days. After yesterday restart, most of those things should be fixed.

Also, I gues that if server is restarted right before xp increase, nearly noone will notice, because most NPCs will die too often that they will not have a chance to get stucked :)

That gives me a good idea. Why not give single mobs that often get stuck such fixed waypoints or limit their wandering radius. My guess is thar this might be the easiest/fastest fix.

I think that Devs team already have solution for this. But its question of resorces and time they are willing or not put into this issue. Since there is going to be 7X boost soon and people are going to roll here for many reasons this should be high priority to fix. As was already said. This is is first impression new people get.

Kronos uses both. For NPCs with given certain path, they have set waypoints, that can be dynamicaly updated so aggroed NPC will remember, where it was pulled and then returns to this place and continues it's route.

However, casual NPCs like wolfs, bandits, whatever, that are scatered around the world and are supposed to "wander" around their spawn location randomly, use some kind of random movement generator and this generator causes them to move into obstackle that they can't leave occasionaly.

As stated above, it's so common, because server was not restarted for many days. After yesterday restart, most of those things should be fixed.

Also, I gues that if server is restarted right before xp increase, nearly noone will notice, because most NPCs will die too often that they will not have a chance to get stucked :)

After yesterday's restart i was like ok let see if it worked. Unfortunately ive seen many of these pathfinding issues anyway. ;( Server restart isn't solution I'm afraid. It might help a bit but the main issue remains. It needs to be fixed from the core.

I gues that if server is restarted right before xp increase, nearly noone will notice, because most NPCs will die too often that they will not have a chance to get stucked :)

This is a good point. I'm all for polishing up this gold for the sake of new players, but maybe it needn't be given such high priority after all.

sidebar: I'd like to congratulate you all on the quality of discussion here. The only forum I frequented prior to this was TI, and gosh what a difference!

This is a good point. I'm all for polishing up this gold for the sake of new players, but maybe it needn't be given such high priority after all.

This just avoids the problem instead of fixing it. It's only a temporary solution. There's always going to be new players and if the first thing they see is stuck mobs that isn't a great impression. I just hope they look past that and give a chance to see how well everything else is scripted.

From what i remember there are always few mobs stuck in obstacles even after server restarts. Frostmaul giant in Winterspring after you cross the bridge on the left is always hanging in a tree for example.

Possible solution would be to use fixed spawn points for certain mobs that tends to be problematic if that could be done.

This just avoids the problem instead of fixing it. It's only a temporary solution. There's always going to be new players and if the first thing they see is stuck mobs that isn't a great impression.

Overall, I also think this ought to be a priority for the sake of fresh players - what's more gamebreaking than losing new players and potentially garnering an underserved bad rep? But if other issues remain higher priority, I think Aieris's point can be reassuring.

~ ' ~
I like the feel of mobs randomly walking around.. => start a human on Nos. and go to the bandits area across the river ...look&feel(&fight some)... >>then do the same on kronos.. :)

====
But what I really loved was getting a mail from Malfurion after completing the bear-form quest :wub: :wub: :wub:

====

¥~Look at what's important in life, not just ...~¥

Top Bottom