• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Fury DW spec

Lazocar

I would like to level as Dual wielding but as i read that warriors are bad as DW to level because of dw penalty and no hit gear.Can someone post me leveling dw build

This should work decent enough.

Cruelty -> Wrath -> Blood Craze -> 2/5 shout or 1/5 Shout + Piercing Howl -> Enrage -> Death Wish -> Intercept/Execute -> Execute/Intercept -> Flurry -> Bloodthirst

At this point you will know what you need to go for henceforth.

Is it better to take DW specialzation insted of Flury, Flury is 3 hit that are 30% faster then normal, wount my fast OH weapon eat that flury?

For leveling, your offhand is doing - more likely than not - little damage in the grand scheme of things.
Fast offhands are almost exclusively used to generate rage through unbridled wrath.

On the other hand, Flurry is a damage multiplier to both your main- and offhand damage output, which is a significant portion of your damage.

It's good that you understand that fast offhand weapons eat flurry charges. This is the reason why I run double 2.9 weapons even though I could take a 1.8 offhand with literally the same stats.

With average quality leveling gear however, it's still worth it to pick a fast offhand, even though it eats up some flurry. It'll ultimately pay you back with more rage from unbridled wrath.

The rage you gain from UW offhand procs is actually quite negligible. The actual reason that a fast offhand is preferable is that it leads to more overpower procs.

The rage you gain from UW offhand procs is actually quite negligible. The actual reason that a fast offhand is preferable is that it leads to more overpower procs.

I have serious doubts a few centiseconds provide plenty enough mileage to be recognizable wrt overpower activation.

1 minute uptime on boss, dodge% always 5.4 (Wpn skill = enemy defense-10), offhands:

2.9 spd
#attacks: 20.7
#Overpowers: 1.12
rage from uw: 8.3

1.8 spd
#attacks: 33.3
#Overpowers: 1.8
rage from uw: 13.3

0.68 overpowers or 5 rage... insignificant.

Doesn't hurt to get better overall auto attack dps from higher flurry uptime (especially if you have 60 dps weapons like me), which is more important than the hairsplitting above.

well those 0.68 overpowers could be like 7-15 dps depending on gear. 5 rage is maybe 50 damage if you translate it into heroic strike, so less than 10% of that.

the difference in flurry uptime could be quite large if your crit rate is low and if you're not spamming hamstring. there are diminishing returns on flurry uptime though and past a certain point offhand speed affecting flurry uptime becomes minimal.

Last edited:
Strictly speaking, this is offtopic, but still mildly relevant, so here goes:

To quote myself from a private post on our forums:

[FONT=&amp]Do not get greedy. If you go into Battle Stance, be sure you have enough time to get back into Berserker for Whirlwind.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Many bad things happen when you go into Battle Stance for Overpower, notice Blood Thirst coming off cooldown, cast Bloodthirst and be stuck with a lot of rage, unable to go into Berserker Stance to Whirlwind without wasting away all that rage into nothingness in the process. You gained some damage from performing overpower and refreshing Flurry, but you you also just burned 3 heroic strikes' worth of rage as taxes to enter [/FONT][FONT=&amp]B[/FONT][FONT=&amp]e[/FONT][FONT=&amp]r[/FONT][FONT=&amp]s[/FONT][FONT=&amp]e[/FONT][FONT=&amp]r[/FONT][FONT=&amp]k[/FONT][FONT=&amp]e[/FONT][FONT=&amp]r[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-[/FONT][FONT=&amp]S[/FONT][FONT=&amp]t[/FONT][FONT=&amp]a[/FONT][FONT=&amp]n[/FONT][FONT=&amp]c[/FONT][FONT=&amp]e[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-[/FONT][FONT=&amp]L[/FONT][FONT=&amp]a[/FONT][FONT=&amp]n[/FONT][FONT=&amp]d[/FONT][FONT=&amp], which is probably a net minus considering how hard HS can hit. Mine can do potentially 2k crits.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Flurry is extremely important. White hits are half of your total dps, and a big part of that comes from the offhand, which directly fuels your Main Hand's heroic strikes, which in turn are negating the main hand's penalty from glancing blows, ultimately dealing big damage. It's all connected.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

This is my last fight against Nefarian. Between gaining crazy amounts of rage which results in me being unable to switch to Battle Stance without major repercussion - as well as being stuck in 'zerker Stance because of warr class call and hitting for a lot of damage, improved overpower was pretty much worthless.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

I agree with vido that - in a vacuum - fast offhands are superior for leveling fury warriors.[/FONT]

Ok so for MH the slowest wepon and for the OH fastes maibe dager, what about DW talent points for 25% extra dmg with OH is it worth it if it is what talent spec should i use?

I'm using this spec for endgame raiding, which includes dw spec, but for leveling I think there are more important talents which are more geared towards making encounters shorter in order to take advantage of Charge and Intercept as much as possible - as well as sustainability.

Top Bottom