• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Leveling as a Paladin

Paladin is faceroll to level up. You're doing something horribly wrong. Keep in mind it's a melee class (plus heals) so you have to keepyour gear on a decent level, just like in case of a rogue or warrior.

I would recommend that you seek out mobs lower than you to kill. Some glancing blows and misses (more typical when you fight higher level mobs) can seal your fates sometimes.

You should not die that often, only if you pull too many mobs. But even if you pull 3 mobs of your level you can survive it. Paladins are one of the easier classes to level up because they are so tough. Here is what helped me:

+ Keep your weapon always updated. This really makes a difference.
+ In general keep your gear updated. At lower levels your primary stats are strength and stamina. As gear gets better you could add some agility and intellect too. But keep your focus on strength and stamina.
+ Use Seal of Command and the slowest weapon you can possibly find. Seal of Command has a fixed amount of procs per minute. So the slower your weapon the higher the chances it goes off with an attack.
+ When you use your bubble then heal yourself with bandages to save mana. Always carry the best bandages for your level.
+ Always carry health and mana potions.
+ Start to heal soon enough especially if you have pulled more than one mob. Try to get to almost 100 % after you healed. And take into account that you probably take damage while healing. This is even more important if you have pulled multiple mobs. You can't block, dodge or parry when casting.
+ If you have pulled more than one mob use Concentration Aura for healing as you don't suffer from push backs that much and get your heals through faster.
+ Spiritual Focus is an extremely useful talent too that you should get. Together with Concentration Aura it makes you immune to push backs.
+ Try to fight mobs that are 2 levels below you. You don't miss that often and can kill them faster. Missing with a very slow weapon is very annoying.
+ If you fight mobs that are kicking or interrupting your casting in any way save Hammer of Justice and use it when you have to heal yourself.

I hope this helps :)

+ Use Seal of Command and the slowest weapon you can possibly find. Seal of Command has a fixed amount of procs per minute. So the slower your weapon the higher the chances it goes off with an attack.
I'll only add that as you pointed out, SoC has fixed amount of PPM, your weapon does not affect that. The reason for using slow weapons is that Seal of Command deals 70% of your normal damage, therefore having a big slow 2-hander usually provides more damage for your SoC procs than having a fast 2-hander.

But you should consider other stats aswell, for example Taran Icebreaker > Warmonger > Stoneraven.

Top Bottom