• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid Leveling Balance/resto?

Acousticferret

So iVe seen alot of druids leveling in Cloth/leather int gear. Is leveling as balance or resto or a mix of both effective at all? Or are they just gearing as healers and still specced feral for questing?

No idea. Feral spec with spirit and strenght gear is the fastest and most efficient way. You want to be able to last like 2-3 mobs and then heal yourself. A few spirit items make sure you gain the mana back while in cat/bear

abort idea this is not cata. feral all the way then since level 53 start gather caster gear.

Back in retail vanilla, if you wanted to go balance (and no one did, except the masochists like myself), you went feral until 41, then respecced to Balance with Moonkin form.

Even then, however, it is slow. On a plus, gameplay is exactly the same from 40 to 60 and onward. The only things that change at 60: better mana recovery (reflection), and the addition of Insect Swarm. However, Insect Swarm sucked. You would mainly just spam Starfire and Moonfire. Wrath pretty much didn't get used.

And, didn't need to be Cata. Moonkin was wicked when BC came out. I regularly was near the top during raids. Some fights were horrible, however, due to the lack of threat reduction.

Back in retail vanilla, if you wanted to go balance (and no one did, except the masochists like myself), you went feral until 41, then respecced to Balance with Moonkin form.

Even then, however, it is slow. On a plus, gameplay is exactly the same from 40 to 60 and onward. The only things that change at 60: better mana recovery (reflection), and the addition of Insect Swarm. However, Insect Swarm sucked. You would mainly just spam Starfire and Moonfire. Wrath pretty much didn't get used.

And, didn't need to be Cata. Moonkin was wicked when BC came out. I regularly was near the top during raids. Some fights were horrible, however, due to the lack of threat reduction.

i dont agree. for balance leveling level 41 u must be something like this:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0tLx0MzZZxVc

just start in feral tree until level 39 like this:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0ZVxMsfbdL

once you hear DING!!! go teleport moonglade and respec to the first link i gve you. Balance in vanilla is terrible mana killer you need IMOTW (more spirit/int means less stress on mana pool) and meditation gives essential 15%mana regen ALWAYS, reducing time you will sit to drink.

i keep on telling you to wait level 53 more, this is my idea if u wish to start earlier. Oh! and start stack spirit items more than int ones, this will help you with in combat mana regen!

No idea. Feral spec with spirit and strenght gear is the fastest and most efficient way. You want to be able to last like 2-3 mobs and then heal yourself. A few spirit items make sure you gain the mana back while in cat/bear

FINALLY somebody that sees the upside to spirit for feral. Nice to buy a stack of water and only use 6 of them in 10 levels huh?

Yeah honestly, I would not level a Druid as anything other than Feral. It's up there with Hunter and Priest as one of the easiest and most efficient leveling classes, because you theoretically have no downtime; you can just pop a quick Regrowth on yourself, and then get back in cat form and keep going.

You can lvl any way you want it's all doable.
However feral is the most flexible, efficient spec.

Soloing: cat lets you kill things faster, with less down time drinking. Also gives you +30% movement speed at lvl 22. Which is HUGE!
Bear: you can solo things that normally one could not, because you are a tank.

But the real deal maker imo, is groups/dungeons. As feral I can dps, tank or heal. You might actually need healing set/gear for higher lvl dungeons.

But as a feral Druid (lvl 43) I healed ZF with easy. I have more mana than all the casters and have ~+23 healing.

So you can fill any role making it easier to get into groups.

Back in vanilla I liked a hybrid spec where I would blast through my mana with spells then switched to cat while regenerating. It wasn't slow at all.

If u have the money then moonkin is very viable.Their is not alot of options atm with int leather gear but u can wear cloth gear in moonkin form.Just have stacks of mana runes and mana potions and u can pvp good.

p.s Talking pvp only.Pve is best as feral.

Top Bottom