• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Nost players and world chat

Well i don't know if it's like this here on kronos, but admins need to put a minimum level restriction to say something on /world /general and even /whisper.

I noticed I can whisper and say something in general channel even at level 1. It shouldn't be allowed as this greatly encourage spammers and trolls.

A level 10 minimum cap is absolutely needed. and if not enough, put a lvl 15 or 20 minimum cap on /world.

On nost, I mainly used world if I was LFG (nobody was using LFG channel) and for asking a specific question regarding an issue or a quest. But honestly, it was filled with spammers and empty discussion. But it was really helpful to find groups/members.

Hopefully they can fix things without shutting down that channel.

Oh! And to follow uip with above post, I think flight path camper should also be punished by some temporary bans. Nothing permanant. Just something like a 10 minutes ban then if you do it again 30 minutes. This shouldn't be that hard to emplement I would guess. Althought I know nothing about coding. Would be very bad if it bans someone who just wanted to defend himself or a teamate.

Last edited:
Well i don't know if it's like this here on kronos, but admins need to put a minimum level restriction to say something on /world /general and even /whisper.

I noticed I can whisper and say something in general channel even at level 1. It shouldn't be allowed as this greatly encourage spammers and trolls.

A level 10 minimum cap is absolutely needed. and if not enough, put a lvl 15 or 20 minimum cap on /world.

On nost, I mainly used world if I was LFG (nobody was using LFG channel) and for asking a specific question regarding an issue or a quest. But honestly, it was filled with spammers and empty discussion. But it was really helpful to find groups/members.

Hopefully they can fix things without shutting down that channel.

Oh! And to follow uip with above post, I think flight path camper should also be punished by some temporary bans. Nothing permanant. Just something like a 10 minutes ban then if you do it again 30 minutes. This shouldn't be that hard to emplement I would guess. Althought I know nothing about coding. Would be very bad if it bans someone who just wanted to defend himself or a teamate.

A lvl 10 or 15 cap on worldchat is a pretty smart way to go. +1 on that

My experiences really seem to differ from other players here, if "new" players are rude and toxic doesn't that just mean that they have been successfully assimilated?

Keep in mind, the people to usually engage in the heated trolling are the loud minority. Every community and group of people have their bad apples.

I don't let the few angry people in /world, nor the systematic gankers everywhere let me judge how the Kronos community is, just like you shouldn't judge the nost community on our inevitable trolls.

We tried to remove people from the "Nostalrius Refugees" guild, who weren't behaving well and trolling. And we tried telling people to behave accordingly (was in the gmotd). -at least when I was an officer there before catching up with my guild.

Maybe the /world chat should be moderated a bit more..

I've already met a lot of kind players of Kronos, and I'm enjoying my stay :smile:

Last edited:
There is some straight up profiling cancer in this thread. The sense of entitlement is staggering and hard to comprehend. Am I a refugee? Yes. Though, my account here was created before most of you that are yapping about this or that. Any and everything complained about with the exception of overpopulation are done by original Kronos players as well, it's just an easier to manage ignore list.

A small few level headed people in this thread point out it is a minority. So I'll speak upon the majority. The majority of us are putting our heads down, going through the grind and starting over. That "start over" is different for everybody. Some were new to private servers and only had a lvl 40. Others like myself had Full BiS/Thunderfury/8hit TPS tank set, the works. Regardless of what people lost, it sucks when you lose something. Some are used to it by now, newer private server players never experienced that before.

People here think the loss is of time played (not enjoying the journey) and loot (OMG my pixels). I think what a lot of people here are overlooking what us "refugees" really lost. Our friends. Many tight nit players/guildies spending late night 5 man spamming chit chatting it up and building personal relationships with, playing fantasy football, supporting each other with health issues; no more. The environment that allowed these things to take place is no more, just like that. Many didn't get to properly give their farewells to their friends - depending on your raid schedule. Guilds split up - people quit private servers all together - went to different projects - guilds that reformed here are a make shift of the devoted few and go from their castle to a hut which they are rebuilding.

Allowing your eyes to be clouded by 20-25 chat cancer people and putting everybody into some "shit-pile" is hypocritical and unjust. Please continue to sit on your "I was here first" high-horse and I'll continue doing what I do best. I'll keep in eye out for your (day 1 Kronos players) guild application in a couple months.

It's pretty important for there to be a world chat where some people can go to socially urinate on themselves and others. Think about it - if they didn't have that channel to go to, they would flood over into other areas.

Common sense. Keep em all locked up in a room that they gravitate to, and at least have a chance of keeping the rest of the server channels somewhat decent.

Looked at in that light, world chat represents a strength that doesn't exist outside in the RW.

- - - Updated - - -

Rezzing a week-old thread about crying about people in world chat on a private server of a 12 year old game

Did you never watch 'Posting... and You'?

Lil' Billy was told to always post in an existing thread rather than start a new one.

Wheter or not the incoming flood of players is worse or not in terms of behaviour (I say it is), the GMs and players need to put a foot down so unnacceptable bevavious doesn't become the norm. Over time we may return to the way things were and that is mostly civil.

I'm new to this server (though I did not come from Nost) but I will say that I think the behavior happens on both sides, and both sides need to consider what the other is going through. Kronos players need to stay strong so the community doesn't adhere to poor behavior from newcomers, and new players need to understand that they are new to THIS server. It sucks for all, but it's also awesome for all. The loud and vocal minority do not represent most of the players in either party. i do think it's important to "herd" all the loud/disruptive players somewhere, but for now, just ignore that behavior and it should die down (I hope!)

Top Bottom