• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[RELEASE] - Modified Power Auras

Had to test some stuff with a guildy, we wanted to track multiple debuffs on an enemy target. We used serpent sting, hunter's mark and wing clip to see how multiple debuffs work with the addon. Clearly it's doesn't process it right on a npc agressive mob. When dueling it even tracks it on yourself when an enemy uses these same abilities, somehow it does track multiple debuffs there in a duel. Which is weird since we had it set up as enemy target only, meaning it will always track debuffs on your own character as well along the side.

You clearly only tested buffs on yourself and one debuff on an enemy target. Might be something to look into, figured I'd report it since we spend some time testing and figuring out something what we can't actually get to work. Only thing this addon would be good for is tracking 1 debuff on yourself and targets and multiple buffs on yourself and targets.

// Bliep

If you duel with some one from your own faction he is not an enemy player. He is a friendly player technically in vanilla.

thanks for this, power auras was one of my favorite addons :w00t:

agree with hagson, it would be great to have the old poweraura style stuff as well. and is there a way to make the hundreds of a second update smoother? it's skipping a lot of numbers

Last edited:
Hey Shino! Here are some of my wishes, which we talked about:

1. Make an option for bufficons to be click-through, so they don't prevent from changing camera angle.

2. Target debuffs: Add an option to show only full seconds, a no decimals option.

3. Somehow try to make it easier to move and align the bufficons. For me I would prefer being able to enter X and Y coordinates.

4. Target debuffs: Make an option for debuffs to refresh when applied again (perhaps not when resisted, missed, parried or dodged). For mages it will then be easy to keep track of Scorch, Winter's Chill etc. For warriors, Demoralizing Shout, Sunder Armor etc.

5. Add bufficon for Power Infusion and Divine Shield.

Kind regards, Jgp.

Version 1.1:
- Fixed Target Debuffs/Buffs
- Fixed Cooldown timer
- Added missing Icons to the icon menu
- Made Icons being click through

In order to speed up the Update time: Open ModifiedPowerAuras.lua and change UPDATETIME to less. That is the intervall. In order to prevent the cooldowns to be shown on every global, I added an variable to just show cooldowns above 2 seconds. You can change it with the variable: CD_GLOBAL_PREVENT

This is just an small update to fix some bugs. Features like animations and more usability will be added at a later point.

cheers!

Shino, when I drag one of my icons somewhere else on the screen they snap to a seemingly random spot over the place I dragged it too.

Am I doing something wrong? :crying:

Hey, thx 4 great addon!
Have 1 issue: chekpoint INVERT not work :sad:
Trying make aura for Battle Shout, show me icon when BS not buffed and i in combat. But its works like normal aura, shows when BS up ;(

Maybe i do something wrong?
bs.JPG

No, this function is currently bugged. Atleast you are not the only one that reports that bug. I will fix it after I have released DPSMate.

I am currently investing my time into DPSMate but I plan to do MPOWA afterwards.

Thank you for the fast answer.

I still have a question:

What is the real difference to existing 1.12 PowerAura Addons?
And can I do custom graphic designs indicating buffs/debuffs/cooldowns like on this TBC picture? (Powerword: Shield and the Debuff). Since on your screenshots in the first post I can "only" see icons.

Pg1XzAp.jpg

There are a lot improvements in terms of functions and stuff compared to the vanilla powa. But I dont have those fancy icons in this version yet, as it is in tbc. But I can import those in the next version, I guess.

There are a lot improvements in terms of functions and stuff compared to the vanilla powa. But I dont have those fancy icons in this version yet, as it is in tbc. But I can import those in the next version, I guess.

Perfect :cool2:

Can you make an option to check only for my own debuffs? I.e. If multiple locks are there, to check for my corruption only.

Can you make an option to check only for my own debuffs? I.e. If multiple locks are there, to check for my corruption only.

The vanilla API does not really provide a way to do this but I bet If I track the combat log I could do this. Will take a look at it when i find the the time :>

You said the addon is using icons and not symbols, so I suppose you are saying only ingame icons right (abilities etc.)? Can you add (if it is not there already) the symbols from poweraura as a choice to be used?

Not sure what's going on, but the Inverted function is not working at all.

For example, I'm trying to make an aura that shows up when Seal of the Crusader is NOT active....it shows the icon all the time, whether or not "Inverted" is checked.

When I remove the buff, it hides the icon. It should be doing the opposite: hiding the icon when the buff is active.

What's going on?

The rewrite is done!
Changelog:
Code:
Added millions of icons
Improved the performance
Added Animations
Added option to change the color of the icon
Changed the raid/group member mechanic
Fixed invert function
Fixed cooldown function
Target debuff applications can be shown now.
Added german translation
And many minor bugfixes!

This will be one of the last updates, that I am doing on this addon. So enjoy!

cheers!

Top Bottom