• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Will there be a realm without forced pvp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drinkingbear

I played for awhile on another server cough"Failnix" and as soon as you left your starting area it was automatic pvp enabled. Like the post says I was wondering if there will be a realm for adventuring and questing without worrying about some db ganking you for the hell of it. I enjoyed the huge pvp battles back in Hillsbrad but I'd like to flag myself if I want to join and not be forced. Thanks for any info anyone has and the beer is on me. Later.

People crying about PvP is as old as the internet itself. Just learn how to deny people content. I had more people willing to stop an endless fight after exchanging a few emotes than not. If you get mad and /spit them and rezz instantly every time you'll be ganked to shit.

Do you really think that the population right now should be potentially split in half?

Last edited:
There's many people who'd like a PvE server, and even if I prefer a PvP one I've never really understood people who would call PvEers whiners. Sure enough Kronos doesn't have the numbers yet to make the release of a new server profitable, hence why I suggested a hybrid solution that I'm not even sure it could be technically feasible anyway.

You will find two threads about this subject in the "Suggestions and comments" subsection.

There are no plans for a PvE server

This is huge mistake for Kronos. There is already one very populated vanilla PVP server.
We do not need to have 2 of those! We need NORMAL vanilla server.

Well hopefully Nostalrius will be smart enough launch their pve server. Cos there are thousands of players looking forward to start playing in vanilla pve server.:yes:

Agreed, not only am I sorry that Kronos wouldn't cater at current/future PvEers for the missed chance of increasing its numbers, I'm also a little worried that the move Nost is preparing could harm us too, and PvEers who aren't content with a fully PvP realm might decide to try out the PvE version of Nost. Which had a turnout of 1.7k players on the first tests (not really "thousands", still more than current Kronos peak population of 1.1k), and will likely make Nost less laggy on their PvP realm, and no considerable lag at all on the PvE one.

It would be nice to hear Chero's opinion about this whole matter.

P.S.: I believe it's not about "normal" server... if I remember correctly normal has nothing to do with the PvE/PvP thing, it just means non-RP realm. :p

I for one love PvP servers. I don't understand people whining over being ganked of same lvls, if you give honor you should live with it.
But i think that highlvl killing (1-shooting) lowbies and corpcamping do infect the community. And i can understand people getting mad over that.

To answer the OP. Splitting the realm's current pop up for a pve realm so that a handful of players who can't handle being killed a couple of times out in the world, in a game called WARcraft is obviously not a good idea (imho). I can understand your viewpoint, but try to look at it from a wider perspecitve. There's a reason why pretty much all p. servers are tagged "pvp".

P.S.: I believe it's not about "normal" server... if I remember correctly normal has nothing to do with the PvE/PvP thing, it just means non-RP realm. :p
Minor detail but... it means both non-PvP and non-RP realm. There's Normal, RP, PVP and RPPVP.

Splitting the realm's current pop up for a pve realm.

Hmm.. Atm we have 2 quite similar servers so the community of blizzlike vanilla pvp players is currently split in two servers while "handful of people" (1700 ppl in 30 mins test) are looking to get normal server to play. So in my opinion it would be much more wise to have one good pvp vanilla server and one good normal vanilla server. For me it wouldn't matter whether the server is called Nostalrius or Kronos as long as it's normal. And yes, in retail wow pve servers are called normal servers.

I admit that you pvp players are probably better in pvp aspect of the game than I am. But I have also been playing this same game since it was released in the end of 2004. I have played a little bit pvp in bg's and arenas but I have enjoyed much more of just leveling my toon and then raiding with it.. and that's what I would like to do again but as long as there is just pvp servers around I know it won't be enjoyable for me.

What I wanted to say in the first place is that there are currently at least 1700 ppl looking for vanilla wow where to start as long as server is normal. So perhaps that's something Twinstar staff should think about.. Especially if Nost won't open that another server. I am not saying they should split servers.. What I suggest is to change the current one to normal. And after all there's open world pvp in normal servers aswell.. Even, I have started to attack some ally in official server cos I thought he would be easy honor.. well things didn't always end up that way.. :biggrin:

No. Simply get over it, you get ganked wait a minute and rez if you are getting repeatedly ganked go to another zone. You need to learn how to cope instead of trying to rid of every inconvenience. I understand I hate pvp and all that but I mean when I get ganked it's no big deal because in reality it is NO BIG DEAL. It's selfish to ask for a completely separate server just because you can't cope with something that truly is not a grand ordeal.

I really don't blame you for feeling that way at all cause I feel it too but I mean cmon man, welcome to the world!..Of warcraft..

If I see you in a scramble i'll put my butt in the fire for you though.

I'll pretend I'm not a PvP supporter and ask all my fellow PvPers a provocative question:

You suggest PvEers to cope with ganks every once in a while for the freedom to attack enemy players in contested/friendly territory. Would you cope with NOT being able to attack PvEers, only being able to attack other PvPers, if that meant the realm could increase its online average by, say, 1000 players?

Note: Keep in mind that all players are alike when it comes to instanced content, be it dungeons or battlegrounds.

Let the hybrid realm idea die, Moradin.

The official answer regarding a PvE realm in any form was already given, straight from the murloc.

Chill out, research other classes, ask questions on the forum, and use the knowledge to.. better avoid or kill the people who WILL harrass you.

generally most people just want to level, and wont attack. people remember who attacked them without provocation.
a few emotes and its generally all good, go on your merry way. can't speak for some zones like STV, but you can also avoid peak hours and quest with a random player or two, maybe more.

It's really not all that bad, guys. When the worst hits, go afk, or log off and go take a break, you'll be wasting their time while they camp for a litle bit, then move on.

If you're REALLY pathetic, just stand there and let them kill you from the start. the enemy feels guilty as fuck, and doesnt camp after a couple obligatory honor kills.

if you make a bad enough name for yourself, people WILL spread word. so if you keep to pacifism you should hit 60 with not too much trouble.

generally most people just want to level, and wont attack. people remember who attacked them without provocation.
a few emotes and its generally all good, go on your merry way. can't speak for some zones like STV, but you can also avoid peak hours and quest with a random player or two, maybe more.
This is probably the best advice you'll ever get. Even in STV, I managed to stay at peace with most enemies through emotes. I had one guy take advantage of me in a difficult pull, he stuck around for 10-15 minutes afterwards. I waited in ghost by my corpse, went to get some food, ate it, and by the time I was done, he had gotten bored and left. In the worst case, if ganking is really heavy, I'll play an alt in a different zone.

I know it's just a band-aid fix to playing on a PvP server when you prefer non-PvP, but it's less frustrating than corpse running 10 times.

Last edited:
Let the hybrid realm idea die, Moradin.

The official answer regarding a PvE realm in any form was already given, straight from the murloc.

Chill out, research other classes, ask questions on the forum, and use the knowledge to.. better avoid or kill the people who WILL harrass you.

It's really not all that bad, guys. When the worst hits, go afk, or log off and go take a break, you'll be wasting their time while they camp for a litle bit, then move on.

If you're REALLY pathetic, just stand there and let them kill you from the start. the enemy feels guilty as fuck, and doesnt camp after a couple obligatory honor kills.

if you make a bad enough name for yourself, people WILL spread word. so if you keep to pacifism you should hit 60 with not too much trouble.

who just goes out of there and hunts people to kill? everyone should be more peaceful like us.

I'll pretend I'm not a PvP supporter and ask all my fellow PvPers a provocative question:

You suggest PvEers to cope with ganks every once in a while for the freedom to attack enemy players in contested/friendly territory. Would you cope with NOT being able to attack PvEers, only being able to attack other PvPers, if that meant the realm could increase its online average by, say, 1000 players?

Note: Keep in mind that all players are alike when it comes to instanced content, be it dungeons or battlegrounds.

there already is a vanilla server where you can choose between pve and pvp. like 95% are pve, 5% pvp

I will honestly start playing on the Nost PvE server once it goes up at least. I think it will be a nice change of pace actually, and more mature people tend to gather at the PvE realms.

This is probably the best advice you'll ever get. Even in STV, I managed to stay at peace with most enemies through emotes. I had one guy take advantage of me in a difficult pull, he stuck around for 10-15 minutes afterwards. I waited in ghost by my corpse, went to get some food, ate it, and by the time I was done, he had gotten bored and left. In the worst case, if ganking is really heavy, I'll play an alt in a different zone.

Yes I understand your point. And tbh I have heard a lot of good about the community here in Twinstar.. But way too many times, I've started in a private pvp server and wasted time leveling to around lvl 30+. And then end up in a fight with other faction players and even tho they would not camp. Owpvp is still something I do not like at all.. And for me owpvp is not part of this game as I never had to experience that in retail wow either (unless I wanted to). But I quess we can call this off. All I hope that we pve fans get one normal vanilla server. And Nost is probably planning to release one. :) So if that happens I won't be bothering you here anymore. :)

I will honestly start playing on the Nost PvE server once it goes up

All I hope that we pve fans get one normal vanilla server. And Nost is probably planning to release one. :) So if that happens I won't be bothering you here anymore. :)

This is exactly what I'm talking about and am trying to address.

None actually answered my question, apparently people don't have a liking for compromise... they'd rather lose players to Nost to maintain what few ganking is there on Kronos, than having a consistent higher amount of players to quest or go to dungeons/BGs with. Because when you look at the larger picture, it all comes down to this.

Someone said that more mature ppl gather in pve realm? Based on what factual evidence? Also, the fact that Kronos is tagged as "pvp" is ( IMHO ) not stopping anyone from coming here. They play on Nost cos, they're population addicts and making another pve realm wouldn't bring them here. More voting and better advertisement will. This has always been the case... the laggy, buggy realms always have a high pop (molten) and the good ones have a lower pop. I mean look at Nost, it's pvp and it has 7 k ppl online. That tag ain't stopping no pvers...it's only a handful of moaners who can't handle being ganked. I mean you come to this realm, you KNOW that it's pvp tagged and then you die and start to moan at the forums, saying that an entirely new realm should be made cos you got killed a few times and that you'll leave for some buggy, lag realm with a toxic community after spending 30 lvls here, to not get ganked a few more times? /brain explodes :D

Last edited:
This is exactly what I'm talking about and am trying to address.

None actually answered my question, apparently people don't have a liking for compromise... they'd rather lose players to Nost to maintain what few ganking is there on Kronos, than having a consistent higher amount of players to quest or go to dungeons/BGs with. Because when you look at the larger picture, it all comes down to this.
I've already answered with some of my concerns in the other thread. Plus, it will only add to the "non-blizzlike" view a fair amount of people already have of us.

Look at the 1700 who showed up for Nos PvE, look at the (so far 2) people in this thread who are willing to ditch Kronos for it. Like I've said, there is a demand for a PvE realm, soon with somewhere to go to. People are in the middle of rerolling, and if Kronos did launch a PvE realm now, they would likely consider rerolling there instead of on Nos. Launch it any later, and they've already decided to go with Nos.

If the team would decide to go with mixed flags, outside players who want to skip open world PvP will have to choose between "blizzlike PvE realm on a server with very high population" and "partially blizzlike PvP/PvE solution on a server with medium population". The same goes for potential PvP players. It's not that it couldn't work if done well, but even then, we would have the issue of successfully promoting it.

Disclaimer: I don't actually think expanding with a 2nd realm at our current population would do any good, but in my opinion it's still a better idea than mixed flags for the reasons listed here and in the thread "PVE via donation".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom