• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Merge

nimeralos

Authorized
It's always hard to compromise and partner with competitors. But both of you - Nostalrius and Kronos - need developers, need GMs, and most of all - you need players. So please say that you're ready to try to contact with Nostalrius team. This decision would start a new era for Vanilla WoW. Or make a clear "no, we're on our own".

I wrote the same thing on their forum - http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19 .

We are all bored, but come on man...
Was there an official comment that such a thing will never happen? I understand and I've stated that this isn't easy, but why not to try? Kronos seems step ahead of Nostalrius, and I think Kronos can count on "main" position in partnership. God, they do recruit devs? Why not recruit the whole project?

I'm not opposed to it. But things like ego and philosophical differences might be impassable roadblocks and prevent the possibility of a merge.

It seems they are french and only started putting English on their website, forums and youtube videos recently. I'd say let them stay separate if they are primarily french. Kronos should be enough to kill Feenix on it's own. I plan to level to 20 once or twice on there before the release so I can spam them with Kronos ads a bit as the release date approaches.

Last edited:
It is obviously an intriging idea, but I'm sure there are a few to many technical and managerial issues which are blocking the path.

First of all, you may see Kronos and Nostalrius fixes and say "Woah, these together, it would be awesome". But in thruth, nobody knows, how these fixes are implemented and so this "theoretical merge" can cause another year of development spent with just merging the fixes. Not to mention, that nobody is willing to leave his good project to someone else.

PS: The more you talk here about that realm here, the higher hype they have. For last week, number of views of each of their vids increased three times.

Last edited:
The problem with projects like this involve goals and leadership. If you brush up on your WoW private server history, you'd know that the mangos and later trinity core projects were created with the best of intentions. The projects took scripts, fixes, and additions to the programming with open arms as more or less an open source effort, with an emphasis on peer review and editing of submissions. The whole idea was to get the best, most accurate server core created in the shortest amount of time through the division of labor.

The problem came down to a difference of opinion of goals, with personal profit being the big wedge that derailed things. A private server would scoop up the very latest core build, launch their server, continue to adopt new additions made to the core, but hire a programmer(s) to do additional scripting for incomplete parts of the content, and then not share it with the source project so that their realm would have a leg up over the others.

Mo' money, mo' money. Since Twinstar is running this deal for profit, I don't see them collaborating with anyone.

This frensh server is not on the same level as Kronos. Why should the admin staff do that? Kronos is on a good way and the community will decide which server will get more population and long termed it will be Kronos.

Well kronos-wow seems to has the edge on popularity over Nostalrius, I just hope they don't try to diss eachother but instead bundle powers to bash failnix. I'd rather have two good realms to succeed than have none. The way rebirth, q-gaming and scriptcraft died, I'll let the conspiracy theories explain that.

Never tried Rebirth but I know for the other two. Q-Gaming died because of its bad DDOS defense and Hackshield, players were able to easily use hacks and the server has been killed quickly, they tried another launch but issues were the same. Regarding Scripcraft 2, it was a server located in Florida (Tampa) so I assume latency was not very good for EU players and also we could start the game at lvl 40 so that was not a true Vanilla experience and by far.

Fact is that everyone want a piece of the pie but they do not see that not everyone can win since 1.12.1 servers are targetting a small amount of players. Servers using other languages than English are rarely gathering more than 500 players and high populated international servers can't be numerous in the middle.

In fact we could have like 2 high populated (2K+) servers but hardly more since many players don't want to leave their server, speak english or start again the adventure. It's a war, everyone want to keep its customers and imho it's a bit illusory to imagine a possible merge between them.

I know that it sounds impossible, I can criticize the idea just as well as you do :) But if there's only several % chance for the success, I think partnership worth trying. Anyway, a ready-for-partnership server should have a better reputation.
By the way, there's another front to work on. I think it'd be good for Kronos to try to recruit former Rebirth developers - it would be a shame if all their job vanishes.

Kronos didn't even want to merge with Archaica when both were on the verge of dying out, so chances are low I reckon.

What happened to the developers of other projects anyway? Did they never join others?

And about DDOS, i really wonder who does these attacks? Random hackers who want ransom to make them stop? Or do other servers do this to eliminate competition?

Either way I checked it out and Kronos looks waaaaaaay more professional than Nostalrius. Their website and forum look very basic. Also they make a lot of claims that don't really convince me. I made a rant about it on their suggestion forum if anyone cares to read it.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41

Last edited:
A lot of DDoS has been "pay me in bitcoints, or I won't stop". Of course, that's always just the official story. People have been saying Feenix uses their clients as a botnet to DDoS other servers. Which tbh I doubt, but their clients ARE modified.

Just pick which one you'd like to play, they both have pros and cons:
Kronos has the population - but - they also allow faction change
Nostalrius has pretty cool fixes (so does Kronos actually) - but - small community

No need to make a big deal out of it, one way or another I think we'll be fine guys:smile:

the other server however, gives old players their characters back after some time. if you like that more than a faction change feature, go for it :D

With all the french people playing french clients their knowledge of english is probably very basic. Also restoring characters from the previous instant 60 server is a big no-no for me. But I wish them the best.

With all the french people playing french clients their knowledge of english is probably very basic. Also restoring characters from the previous instant 60 server is a big no-no for me. But I wish them the best.

Kronos has had the same problem, just with Czech players.

K2 was 50% czech 50% international already. Problem was that most of that 50% was on horde side.

the other server however, gives old players their characters back after some time. if you like that more than a faction change feature, go for it :D

I think that's a deal-breaker for anyone wanting a fresh server.

Top Bottom