• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Graphics

Wouldn't be very fair if you could see other players from miles away.
I think the mob and player distance can stay as they are. It's just to enjoy atmosphere even a little bit more if you see Stonetalon from Durotar.

- - - Updated - - -

just like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzTYvEBsghc

It would be really cool. Who cares about "blizzlike", if you can make the game pretty, there is no downside.

Ozzky, this is entirely up to the person who wants it, because if I decided to put Eye of the Tiger into my wow, I would hear Eye of the Tiger, but everyone else would still hear the default horn sound.
Well I have no problem with anyone using their own client side mods
(as long as it's not giving the mod users the upper hand somehow)

Maybe i'm extreme, but if I'm going to play vanilla WoW I want it to be vanilla and not some sort of hybrid retail-vanilla game:tongue:

Nice work btw, looks good!

Well I have no problem with anyone using their own client side mods
(as long as it's not giving the mod users the upper hand somehow)

Maybe i'm extreme, but if I'm going to play vanilla WoW I want it to be vanilla and not some sort of hybrid retail-vanilla game:tongue:

Nice work btw, looks good!
Yea I began hating WoW when they started to play Eye of the Tiger during bgs

This was bannable offense during vanilla. Might still be, I don't see a reason why Blizzard would change their mind, but I don't care what they think now. So if Blizzlike is something to aim for, this should be a no-brainer no allowed. There was a short lived fad to change tradeskill nodes to Ragnaros etc. for easier spotting. And some weird travel exploit regarding Zeppelin model (can't remember details). I think people got banned just for changing their race/gender graphics. I don't know the technicalities and I might be wrong, but collision detection is client based. So if you change model to another (like rock to an tower, with stairs to top and all) you might by able to bypass stuff and get to unreachable places and all sorts of exploits. Point being, if modifying the files is allowed, how is it possible to monitor it's not used for exploiting?

Oh my god...

oh-really-please-tell-me-more.jpg

Before other people start to tell us, yes, it is banned by Blizzard. Changing sound, character looks, loading screen, character models, object models, item models, textures, terrain and WHATEVER more is inside the wow client, is and always was a bannable offense (as stated by the TOS).

Client editing is also bannable offense on ALL Twinstar servers, including Kronos (as stated by the rules), so be advised that anyone caught playing with any client-sided edits can be subject to account suspension.
- using means modifying a function of the client or its communication with the server

Now, I plead to all the 100% blizzlike unmodified vanilla lovers who want to advise us about this issue. We know. We've been ignoring the TOS for YEARS... Don't do it.

----

Back to graphics. This is some really awesome work

[video=youtube;ysXbMC9SLlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXbMC9SLlE[/video]

Last edited:
If only your text would've been half as descriptive as your image macro spam, I might've understood what you are trying to say.

You've been modding graphics for years?
You've been modding graphics on Kronos for years?
You've been modding realmlist for years?
Who we?

1) Yes, since Diablo 1. I don't think I have any of those pics saved tho.
2) Yes, since the first iteration of Kronos. Kronos started in 2011.
3) Yes, since patch 1.3.0 came out. If you count realmlists from other games, then since patch 1.10 from Diablo 2 (gateways at that time).
4) Modders.

Last edited:
Well, you know, client side modifications that don't affect gameplay (like different skins) are hard to or even can't be noticed.

Why haven't you been banned?

Jealous, eh?
Even Diablo 2 had private servers. Most players of D2 private scene was actively maphacking (hack that removed fog, darkness, rain, showed monsters on your map and more specific info about monsters in their description). anytime they played. When I learned what to do and how, I never had to stop. I never got banned either.

I'd like an admin/GM response on this. Since he admitted doing bannable offense repeatedly for a long time. Was his hacking known before? Was it dealt with? If was, personally I see the new launch as a redeeming factor to any banned people anyway. Don't know the rules nor care about forum bans. I DO care if hackers are allowed to roam in the game without consequences. This is a huge issue if Twinstar/Kronos willingly didn't do squat.

He was not banned and I already gave you reason why not - It's not possible to detect client side modifications that don't affect gameplay.

Hacks modify packets sended to the server, but when you modify, for example, human skin to look like elf, then when server sent you packet, that you met human, your client interprets it as elf and server don't have any way to discover it.

At this point, I'm wondering if anybody can actually see the "Vanilla Tester" title under my forum nickname...

@ Fact:
No, I never hacked on Kronos live realm. The model edit screenshots (for example, the human -> elf model change) come from Kronos test realm.
Yes, Chero definitely knows that I know how to use hacks. It was me who started bugging him on the previous Kronos version to make amends to the anti-cheat system.
I was a Game Master on two different servers before, and I also DO care if hackers are playing on the same server as I do. But in addition to that mindset, I actively explore such possibilities and report them for prevention.

Aieris, there's no point explaining how model editing works, if Fact sees it as a "hack", we can leave him at that.

Those custom modes (like model editing or glue interface editing) are tolerable as long as they do not affect other players gameplay or do not provide you with certain advantage in the game world the other players cannot have.

You can think of it as an addon that can edit interface outside the game world for you (interface of login screen, character list or character creating window). You can change the appearance of UI elements there using lua scripting language as well as in the normal addon.

However you cannot use it to create impossible race-class combinations like gnome shaman etc. Most of things you cannot do are checked by the server itself and if you even try to bypass the system, you risk permanent closure of your account.

So let me ask again: Could it be possible just to to implement a command where you can change the terraine distance to a higher point, to make the experience little bit more atmospheric? I mean monsters popping up would be the same as before, it is just a graphical change and possibility for people with better PCs. There would be no advantage or gameplay change for anybody in here.

No, you cannot implement a command. You need to modify the client on your PC with a custom patch or tool.

So let me ask again: Could it be possible just to to implement a command where you can change the terraine distance to a higher point, to make the experience little bit more atmospheric? I mean monsters popping up would be the same as before, it is just a graphical change and possibility for people with better PCs. There would be no advantage or gameplay change for anybody in here.
I don't think there are graphic tweaks to make the game look better using "console" commands. Not for vanilla. At least i did not find them. I know that TBC came with a better option to enhance graphics. Remember that this game uses a engine designed to run on a wide variety of PC's of 2003-2004. Graphics were "nerfed" on purpose so many players could enjoy it.
But if you have a better PC you could go to your NVidia panel or AMD/Ati control panel and use 16X Anisotropic Filtering, 8X AntiAlising , and set the video card for High Quality.

Those custom modes (like model editing or glue interface editing) are tolerable as long as they do not affect other players gameplay or do not provide you with certain advantage in the game world the other players cannot have.

You can think of it as an addon that can edit interface outside the game world for you (interface of login screen, character list or character creating window). You can change the appearance of UI elements there using lua scripting language as well as in the normal addon.

However you cannot use it to create impossible race-class combinations like gnome shaman etc. Most of things you cannot do are checked by the server itself and if you even try to bypass the system, you risk permanent closure of your account.

Thanks for response. But this is unfortunately a bit vague. At first reading your first paragraph I would've thought gnome shamans, for your example, would've been allowed. If graphic editing is allowed, I intend to hack thing or two which would perhaps give me certain advantage but if my intention would just be improving the textures etc. "prettying" things up, it might give the same result of advantage. Maybe you should update your violations list to be more definite on the subject.

Thanks for response. But this is unfortunately a bit vague. At first reading your first paragraph I would've thought gnome shamans, for your example, would've been allowed. If graphic editing is allowed, I intend to hack thing or two which would perhaps give me certain advantage but if my intention would just be improving the textures etc. "prettying" things up, it might give the same result of advantage. Maybe you should update your violations list to be more definite on the subject.

Being a gnome shaman is against the rules. Being a tauren shaman but on your screen looking like a gnome shaman is not against the rules.

Ah, ok. That's what I meant aswell. I suppose changing herb nodes models to something else or textures to bright neon colors are also allowed then?

Being a tauren shaman, and on your screen looking like a gnome shaman is also against the rules.

Quoting myself:
Client editing is also bannable offense on ALL Twinstar servers, including Kronos (as stated by the rules), so be advised that anyone caught playing with any client-sided edits can be subject to account suspension.
- using means modifying a function of the client or its communication with the server

Flynn told you this exact case as an example:
However you cannot use it to create impossible race-class combinations like gnome shaman etc

If you need explanation for any of the quotes, tell us.

Top Bottom