• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Improving your in game experience, network changes (feedback appreciated)

I went up from 40-50 to 120-150ms (in France)
Feeling a huge difference really want the old route back :p

Last edited:
Portugal / Spain / Italy / Greece seems like that it hasn't changed much at all, can we expect some decrease of MS aswell?
A smoother experience for sure.

Add Romania to this list. My range still goes from 80-100 in the world to 110-130 during raids. Nothing has changed. Thank you for making the effort, nonetheless!

I wrote on discord when the update hit but for the record:

roughly 70-90 to 3-15 ms from sweden

It's a bit better (170 -> 140 ms in middle USA) but I still am having very annoying latency issues in PvP. I chased a player and I had to be literally past him before I could use Mortal Strike. As in, he was running away from me and I continued to get out of range errors on my Mortal Strike until I passed him visually on my client and was actually in front of him. He was in Agony so I assume he was on EU ping, not anything super laggy (I know hitting chinese can be kind of weird sometimes)

I have a similar issue in PvE when moving into range of a mob, or a mob is moving toward me. I am not able to use abilities on the mob for 500-750 ms or so until the server agrees that we are in range. As long as I say in range everything feels smooth, it is only the range checking that is the issue.

I have been trying out Elysium and this DOES NOT happen there. I have approximately the same ping on both servers now but it is night and day with regard to this particular mechanic. There I am able to use abilities almost instantly when my client says I have moved into range, even against another player. There must be a difference in the netcode that they are running or the way range checks are applied.

Last edited:
The lower ms is a great start (210 down to 140ish, central USA), but what Hotslice said 100%. The desync/range issue is still causing a lot of frustration among melee players, and should be given high priority for fixing.

You are both NA i guess, any EU players has the same issue now?

Yep, I still have to argue with server whenever I'm in front of my target or behind him when trying to use backstabs/gouges as a rogue. Pretty much same goes for all stuns that often ends up "out of range" (usually when chasing druids) or players are getting stunned away from me.

Thanks for trying to do something about it.

EU, Poland.

7727dc4ec7.gif

160-180 down to 130-150, central US. Generally feels a bit smoother and I don't spike as much as I used to.

Hi, i went from 60ms to constant 170ms + lag spike, located in France Clermont-Ferrand (at the center)

Edit: that's not an isp issue, i have 16ms on other project.

Hi, i went from 60ms to constant 170ms + lag spike, located in France Clermont-Ferrand (at the center)

Edit: that's not an isp issue, i have 16ms on other project.

Can you send me your IP? and what center?
170ms sounds really bad, should not be over 40ms with a good EU connection, France dont have to good connections outside the country but thats a bit much :p
You can also send me a traceroute to this IP, 46.246.31.248

- EDIT -

Its a francetelecom.net issue, they have not any good peers to outside France and many of there lines are overloaded.

Last edited:
France (south of France, near Marseille) I went from 70-80ms to 130-140ms it's pretty bad, and pretty much unplayable in PVP
Internet provider : FREE

EDIT : I forgot to mention that for some reason on the 24th of january my ping was stable and back at ~75ms

Last edited:
I am from france too with FREE.
From 40 ms (was always stable) to 90ms (and it spikes at 200ms).

Ye it seems like this Orange provider (owns like 3 ISPs under diff names?) is really bad :p
But thanks for the inputs and please send me a trace and your IP in PM.

Ye it seems like this Orange provider (owns like 3 ISPs under diff names?) is really bad :p
But thanks for the inputs and please send me a trace and your IP in PM.

In France for decades, the network was own by one ISP : France telecom (own by the state), other ISP were just renting the right to use it. Then EU came and asked France to end this monopoly and open the market, so France Telecom was privatize into Orange but kept all of the infrastructure.

Free, Bouygues, sfr and Orange are the 4 majors telecom company (isp,4g etc) some have their network and/or rent it from Orange now.

In France for decades, the network was own by one ISP : France telecom (own by the state), other ISP were just renting the right to use it. Then EU came and asked France to end this monopoly and open the market, so France Telecom was privatize into Orange but kept all of the infrastructure.

Free, Bouygues, sfr and Orange are the 4 majors telecom company (isp,4g etc) some have their network and/or rent it from Orange now.

Ah, that explains everything, do you have any friend with another ISP then orange? would be fun to see how they work out?

You are both NA i guess, any EU players has the same issue now?
Im EU with 15MS(used to have 90ms) and player positioning/desync is still really bad. I can charge someone and cast piercing howl and the piercing howl wont hit but I can autoattack etc.

Top Bottom