• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Silithyst Geysers nerf

Just to add my 2 cents. As someone who gets this silithyst buff for every raid, this change is really frustrating. I agree the bug-report had little evidence either way so it's hard to argue for changing it back/leaving it as is; but in a way that also makes this change even dumber. Why change something with no substantial evidence, and why not document the change?

All this change has done is force people to go out further and further ahead of their raid, hold the sand for longer, and in future, will increase griefing between guilds.

As an aside, Chainsaw, you were right: the hardcore players on the server, myself included, will still do it every raid. It just wastes more of our time each raid day.

If we can look at this logically for a second:
Everyone on the server wants either a) blizzlike or b) better than blizzlike. You can argue semantics over the latter but suffice to say sometimes Kronos changes things to improve the experience over blizzlike - examples are lotus spawns and respec costs. Those are the only two reasons to make a change, and the only two things that should drive development at all.

Which of those is this change? I can't see any evidence to support it is blizzlike so I argue it isn't (a). If it is, where is the evidence or discussion? Even flimsy evidence is better than none (see: ironfoe). So it must be (b). But as Ihatemyclass points out - and several others seem to be incapable of verbalizing - this takes time away from players. That doesn't improve anyone's experience. Bazzil sort of argues this improves world pvp. Presumably then the experience of those two players is more important than that of the half a raid of neckbeards trying to world buff. Which, maybe it is, but I'm not sure that math checks out.

Top Bottom