• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Naxx ofc

Amoonir

Authorized
Last update as far as naxx is concerned was 2/24/17 which is about 2 months ago at this point. Are we going to get an update any time soon?

Also just a suggestion can you pls post change log before changes are implemented instead of little ninja fix its blizzlike ofc

But really I would like to see some kind of announcement on naxx progress its been a long time and I need my naxx fix before I go into withdrawal

No Naxxramas updates in MONTHS at this point, and we are 10 months from AQ release now. If you don't post an update soon or even post a release date, expect to lose many players. This is no joking matter at this point anymore.

No Naxxramas updates in MONTHS at this point, and we are 10 months from AQ release now. If you don't post an update soon or even post a release date, expect to lose many players. This is no joking matter at this point anymore.

Here you go:

We're working hard to release all wings at once, there's no ETA yet but we can ensure you we're working really hard to bring you the best Naxxramas experience you could ever have.

Thank you for your patience.

Players like nOise quitting due to the wait makes the server a better place.

+ No need to take the trash out in Naxx race it seems...

Please update your community. It is ridiculous that we have to beg, beg, beg a thousand times for every little update.

We had 46 BWL clears between the release of BWL and AQ40. AQ40's release was slow, hindered by a slow war effort, Nost shutdown, DDOS attacks and birth of K2 and to this day is still severely flawed. (Skeram AE radius 50% larger and 1.0 sec cast instead of 1.5 sec, spammable - Vem has an extra ability for the sake of difficulty he did not have in live - Viscidus disappears, Twin Emps don't provide their aggro bonus on teleport and store auto attacks, ignore shadow reflector, C'thun bouncepad is still absolute aids, Ossirian overtuning has completely killed Kronos AQ20 Pugs, etc...)

We are currently at 43 AQ40 clears. Everyone waited and was hyped for server merge. Before server merge we had 4 NA horde guilds. After server merge we have 2 NA horde guilds. Several horde raiding guilds died in the past few months (Vortex, Blacklabel, Redemption, Relapse, etc...) A lot of horde players quit when windfury got nerfed.

The air on the server is stale and morale is low. Onslaught has alts from other guilds raiding in it and also has alts that raid in every single major raiding guild on server. The atmosphere in those guilds is the same. People whisper me daily trying to get in saying their guild is sucking and dying.

All the good will and hype you built with server merge is gone to attrition and the several thousand queue to the Warmane TBC realm, the kind of hype everyone on Kronos should be moving in to a Kronos TBC by now had anything resembling a blizzard progression timeline been moderately followed.

We cannot promote the server anymore with streams because our legitimate Blizz-like strats were targeted by GMs and nerfed with the promise of being reversed which still hasn't happened.

Imagine being a private server developer, you have to spend every evening after work/school watching 12 years old 240p wideos of Windfury combatlogs for some sweaty nerds, and then after a rough year you can't even enjoy the summer because the same nerds are crying on the forums of your free of pay project about a 11 year old instance.

Topmong, it's a job you take and then of course people have expectations once you started.

Waiting... just idling... is of course not good. We should have been doing final Naxx wing testing by now, and getting ready for full Naxx release somewhere in July. Race change was second quarter of 2017, right? Etc... Failing expectations you set yourself is bound to cause complaints. Free or not, promises were given.

I haven't really posted anything serious since December because it was obvious to me there is no point nothing really gets addressed by the administration and the fact that some of my posts get heavily censored or even deleted didn’t help. I had some hope post merge that Kronos learned their lesson and would now continue a normal stream of communication but just a few weeks post merge I saw the same problems we had before. I decided to not say my piece and let it be hoping that at least Naxx scripting would be occurring at a reasonable pace. Now 3 months later we have the exact same zero communication issue and no clear indication that Naxx is going to be released any time in the near future.

Population is at a slow decline with no updates to keep people enticed into the server. EU from what I can tell is alright but NA is definitely just trash. I laugh at people’s suggestion to pvp when the queues at NA time are absolute garbage. If there even is a BG happening its one game going on and there is 2x more alliance players queuing compared to horde (RIP horde pop balance). Go late enough and there are zero queues going on and thus nothing to do on the server. Dungeon? Yeah good luck. Not to mention my guild is filled with AQ40 BiS geared players who have already done these dungeons multiple times over.

People aren't leaving my guild because they dislike the way its run. They are leaving because they can't fathom the idea of waiting for Naxxramas when there is not even a slight indication of its release in the next year. To those people I say goodbye and wish them the best of luck as I continue to stay and attempt to help keep my guild running smoothly. Having updates isn't me whining or being unappreciative of Kronos staff. I want updates because on a personal level it helps me out and it helps my guild from suffering attrition over time. Hearing a meaningful update about the future of the server and naxx is a huge moral boost(You can look back at the talks of the merge or the Naxx PTR and the comments those posts got for an example of this). Hearing nothing kills the server over time(You can also look back to post AQ40 and pre merge era of K1 for this as well).

Pre-merge I pleaded to Kronos to help me out because that was the only solution. Increased communication from Kronos as well as the prospects of a merge would help my players on the verge of quitting to stay and not leave. Back then I was met with silence and now we are still met with silence. Personally I can’t stand this and if it wasn’t for the players within my guild I would probably be a guild less world troll.

Anyway I hope Naxx release is soon and I hope we got some kind of consistent communication moving into the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also my post isn't really directed at the GMs for the most part yall are alright and do your job. Its pretty clear that the GMs aren't really told anything about the future of Kronos or have any real impact on it either. The only thing they do is help players with their pleas of help for game related issues. There were a few GMs who were inclined to insta ban people constantly and that was annoying but overall GMs not bad and not corrupt as far as I can tell.
Shout out to Matheson ofc.

We NEED an update from the game staff.

I feel like we're right back where we were prior to the server merge. I'm once again dreading the start of each new raid week, because there's always at least one quitting post, from one of our raiders who's just too bored, and frustrated with the lack of communication to continue playing on Kronos. I know I'm not the only GM who feels this way. I feel like many of the players in my guild are continuing to play only because they would feel bad quitting on their friends--but they're bored, and they're not having fun.

Communication is a powerful tool. Used effectively, it can be a great ally. Neglected, and it can turn into your worst enemy. Unfortunately, we're experiencing the latter. Over the past few years, there have been periods of time where it's felt like one of the head GMs, or even Chero himself, were going to step up and take a more active role in posting updates to the community, but those periods were always short lived. Yes, it's understandable to have a real life outside of Kronos, and to not be able to dedicate 100% of your time to script, fix bugs, and post updates--but here's my problem: there's been NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVER from our head GMs (Davros and Gurky), and Chero himself for nearly THREE MONTHS. To show this kind of neglect to a community of thousands of players who have been supporting them for YEARS tells me one thing: they just don't care anymore. Whether it's because moved on to other things in their life (keep in mind that the Kronos project has been around for a number of years), or they, like many of the players, have just grown bored--they clearly don't have the same level of passion, and dedication to Kronos that they did a year or two ago.

I would love to be told I'm wrong. I've invested two years of my life into this server, and I would love to see one of you respond by saying "You're wrong Shard. We're still 100% committed to Kronos. Chero has just been busy with school, and we just haven't had anything to update you with." But I'm a highly observant individual, and all the evidence (and lack there of) points to a game staff that just doesn't care nearly as much as it did two years ago. Most of you aren't paid for your work. You don't have to do anything if you don't feel like it, or don't have time. If you were still passionate, and still committed to making Kronos the best vanilla server out there, then it would show, and we wouldn't be in this situation, AGAIN.

So for the sake of the hundreds, and even thousands of us who have invested several years of our lives into this server--who have stood by Kronos during all the various problems over the past year, please give us an update! Whether Naxx is expected to be done in two months, or never, we don't care--we just want to know what's going on. Every week, more of my friends quit, and there's countless others who are only hanging in there because the you, the staff, have led us to believe that Naxx is coming. At the very least, they deserve to know whether they're wasting their time waiting for something that will probably take another two years, or possibly never happen entirely. If we continue to hear nothing, it's only a matter time until Risen, and probably a number of other guilds are no longer able to keep they're players interested, and inevitably move on to other projects.

Is it a coincidence you picked "Trump" as your avatar and start spouting nonsense like the real one ?
Anyways There is a massive gap between servers who ever released naxx and none of them thus far actually fixed much in there, not to mention after AQ40 came out blizzard took a very long time before naxx came so even according to how it was on retail it should not be releasing anytime soon and lets thank our lucky stars for that as it gives them more time to solve Naxxramas related cases so we get a better experience...

This is a private server it is not blizzards they do not have the same funds blizzard did and they have to manage the current state of the game along with preparing the future content, the server has less bugs than the original and the server can contain a higher population than servers could back in the day.

It is a game so there aint no reason to rush, if you feel bored level an alt or take a healthy run/walk.

note: people are not going to leave over that if anything some will play less and wait for Naxxramas but return the instant they hear an ETA

Fix rockbiter weapon aggro for shaman tank > naxx
Try looking at bug reports before writing ? :)

Rockbiter

It has been tested and the only bug the Rockbiter had was in conjunction with the Rapidity enchant, aside from that it applies its threat correctly. if you dealt 100 damage with a 2 second speed wep you would deal 244 threat or had you dealt the same damage with a 4 second speed wep it would be 388 threat. The threat is not reduced even on extra swings so if there is more could you describe what & where ?

I think what might have messed up ur tanking was Earth Shock dealing normal threat rather than double but after next update that is also solved.

Last edited:
not to mention after AQ40 came out blizzard took a very long time before naxx came so even according to how it was on retail it should not be releasing anytime soon and lets thank our lucky stars for that as it gives them more time to solve Naxxramas related cases so we get a better experience...

This is actually a lie. First C'thun death was April 25th, 2006. Naxxramas was launched on June 20th, 2006. If you were the world first C'thun slaying guild, you had 9 C'thun kills the week Naxxramas was released. We have had 43 C'thun kills (without splitting AQ40 like some guilds did). Even if your server was Medivh and you had world first AQ40 gate opening, you had an additional 13 weeks to farm other bosses before you got C'thun down for a total of 22 weeks from opening of AQ40 until Naxxramas open.

It is a game so there aint no reason to rush, if you feel bored level an alt or take a healthy run/walk.

note: people are not going to leave over that if anything some will play less and wait for Naxxramas but return the instant they hear an ETA

Many people are way beyond alts and have left. The same logic was applied to PVP scene with "they'll come back when servers are merged." Again I'd like to point out that since merge the NA population has halved, there are less NA players than pre-merge. We have people with rank 14 alts because they were bored enough. We have people with full multiple fully decked out AQ40 alts from our raiding guild and others. The reality very few people came back for server merge.

I've met a lot of friends playing here on Kronos and a lot have quit. That's expected, it happens in a game like World of Warcraft. I still keep in contact with a number of these people, and every single one of them asks me for an update on the Naxx timeline semi-regularly.

I think everyone in this thread is super appreciate for the Kronos staff and all of the hard work they put in, but as other officers/guild leaders have also mentioned, a small bit of communication every few months would go a long way towards keeping our players interested and guilds stable.

Top Bottom