• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Naxx ofc

Thanks for the update! Feels good to have some more clarity. Good luck to all devs with your university work!

Don't allow transfers from Horde to Alliance, just the other way around. There's almost 20% difference in populations atm, making that gap even bigger is a really bad thing. Make it possible to transfer both ways only if the difference is 5% or less imo.

A. They could simply deny any and all Faction transfer as items & quests as well as reputation needs to be inverted towards the counterpart of what is available to the other faction so there aint suddenly a horde with the furbolg transform from night elves or an alliance with horde pvp gear etc. a lot of items & quests would have to be looked at.

B. Every 3 month's they permit Faction transfer for 1 day however there will be a hidden cap that is set by the Kronos team. For example if horde has 50% less total pop thoughout those 3 months than alliance then there can only be 1 horde going to alliance for every 3 alliances that join the horde. of course based on level so people don't try to transfer level 1's for level 60's.

Last edited:
Zzz that's some really unnecessary complicating of these transfers. As I said, just allow transfers all the time (when they actually come to life) but only from more to less populated faction, unless they are within 5% difference.. As soon one faction has more then 5% bigger population, just block transfers towards that side until it goes below 5% again. The best possible way to maintain balance.

As for gear, on Feenix it got automatically changed, if you had R13 Ally char and transfered to Horde, you would have Horde pvp set equipped when you logged in. I'm sure Kronos staff can figure this out as well. As for items, I doubt anyone really cares about stuff like Furbolg costume, basically the only things that matter are stuff like Uldaman plate helmet etc. which could have actual impact on the game, but there isn't too many of such items and they could be manually checked and removed

But what decides the 5% bigger population?
Overall lvl 60?
Overall chars above lvl 50?
Active lvl 60? And if so what is active?
- PVP sign ups ? ( since that seems to matter most )
- played hrs of 60 chars? if so filtered for afk?

What i am trying to get at, is that it is really hard to judge fairly, what the bigger population is.

With what i seen of this server and the means/dedication of some, every measurement could be abused anyways.
What to switch from Horde to Alliance very bad with your gear to join VG or smth?
Level ( or buy ) more chars of announced level, sign up bg's, stay online, whatever measurement is, to push numbers up until it's viable.

Arguing about furbolg costume or pvp gear cosmetics on a server that openly has taurens on mechanostriders and night elves on kodos already seems like you're pissing into the wind.

But what decides the 5% bigger population?
Overall lvl 60?
Overall chars above lvl 50?
Active lvl 60? And if so what is active?
- PVP sign ups ? ( since that seems to matter most )
- played hrs of 60 chars? if so filtered for afk?

What i am trying to get at, is that it is really hard to judge fairly, what the bigger population is.

With what i seen of this server and the means/dedication of some, every measurement could be abused anyways.
What to switch from Horde to Alliance very bad with your gear to join VG or smth?
Level ( or buy ) more chars of announced level, sign up bg's, stay online, whatever measurement is, to push numbers up until it's viable.

Well whatever metrics they use to calculate ratio on front page I guess. Right now it's 59% Alliance and 41% Horde. But if you wanna go into details, yea something like only active level 40+ characters could be taken into consideration, so shitton of level 1 bank alts and level 35 crafting alts don't make any difference, but just "active" characters.

The argument you made about people who wanna switch to Alliance badly in order to join guilds like Vanguard is the most important one. Feenix had unlimited transfers towards any faction and the server ended up with like 80% or more Alliance, since they had 2 of the best guilds on the server. The outcome was Alliance having 5-6 guilds farming Naxxramas and all possible PuGs and Horde 1 guild struggling to fill up the raids and no any PuGs, since majority of people who were into PvE switched to Alliance. That lead to abnormal BG queues for Alliance and gear imbalance so retarded that every pug player in Alliance BG team was decked out in T3 and Horde were scrubs in, on average, 2 tiers lower gear.

If that was to happen on Kronos, you could as well make it a factionless server where everyone can group up with everyone and BG queue can put you in either team to avoid 2h queues on Alliance, since I can see people slowly moving to Ally more and more as Horde start to get weaker and Ally stronger with each transfer, until Horde finally die and Alliance keep thriving..

But we all know that's bullshit and instant turn off for most people, so it's really important that we do whatever we can to maintain the balance

Last edited:
Feenix charged 50 euro, which is even a bit more I believe. Still didn't stop people to move mostly from less to more populated faction in order to be on a more active side.

But kronis already cap respec at 5g.
Race respec cap at 5 euro, obv. #Kronoslike

https://gyazo.com/646d5d703cbc4fadbab24c96c64693b9

Why can't I facepalm Cr0wL0ck posts? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

It is not allowed to express our disagreement with him by facepalming his posts anymore. This option that is enabled for every user of these forums was apparently too hurtful for him. I suppose that now we have to make replies to his posts stating "I think that what you wrote is ridiculous and disagree with it" instead of just hitting the facepalm button.

Yay for censorship.

You still can state your opinion.
You can't group bully him any longer (well you could still write what he says is shit in a large group).

That is censorship for you?

It is not allowed to express our disagreement with him by facepalming his posts anymore. This option that is enabled for every user of these forums was apparently too hurtful for him. I suppose that now we have to make replies to his posts stating "I think that what you wrote is ridiculous and disagree with it" instead of just hitting the facepalm button.

Yay for censorship.

http://i.imgur.com/PCdcxDV.png

He's right. We're all wrong and we're bullying him.

You still can state your opinion.
You can't group bully him any longer (well you could still write what he says is shit in a large group).

That is censorship for you?

Facepalm button has a specific purpose that isn't truly replaceable by words. When you feel that all sane words have been spent and that nothing you do or say has or will have an effect, you use it. When you don't want to spend tens of minutes of your life writing a nice response addressing his points and explaining why you believe that they are wrong - and you know that he will misunderstand them all (or most) and will ignore them all - and that it is pointless, you use it. Or when you simply believe that what has been stated is plain stupid and facepalm is what you really feel like doing, you use it. Or when you see that someone so close to the administration team is writing such nonsense, and that he is a person that they closely listen to, you use it.

For example, if you start talking about group-bullying as response to me now, all I can do is facepalm your post and go do other things in my life.

PS: The guy probably handed out more facepalms than rest of us to him combined (or close to) in https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/119025-Always-10-DMF, and then he gets "protected" by Twinstar administration.

Last edited:
^ I get what you're saying because it seems that a lot of the "it's not Blizzlike!" crowd are beyond reason as well, but some people are using the 'facepalm' function as a first resort instead of putting in the smallest effort to write up a response, and I don't think that that's conducive to a productive discussion.

This board has all sorts of completely useless smilies available for including in posts so why not include a 'facepalm' emote that could be used in conjunction with, or instead of text in a post to highlight the futile nature of arguing with Chainsaw. I'm glad we're able to bring this issue out in the open to discuss.

Below, I will attach some of the ridiculously dumb smilies that the forum administrator has opted to include instead of a 'facepalm' emote:

:yinyang::theironman::fckyea::megabass::5minmore::kidjump::fakesuicide::likeps::teleport::spekburt::pushkozy::djay::brmbrm::shaketake:

https://gyazo.com/646d5d703cbc4fadbab24c96c64693b9

Why can't I facepalm Cr0wL0ck posts? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

facepalm1.jpg

facepalm2.jpg

Last edited:
But the +1/Cool/Facepalm features are so much fun, why would anyone turn them off intentionally? Also, what was the topic of this thread again?

@horo Naxx ofc

but i ain't going to cry about Naxx for now. Supposedly we have a PTR coming so there's nothing to whine about unless it for some reason gets delayed significantly

Top Bottom