• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Let Kronos TBC start as a fresh x1 server

nimeralos

Authorized
If Kronos TBC is simply a server with copying from Kronos available, we'll lose two things. First, the opportunity to attract a large amount of new players*. Second, flexibility: Kronos TBC will be bound to launch not too soon and not too late after Naxx**.

Therefore, I would suggest to launch Kronos TBC as a fresh server, as people love, while guaranteeing that copies from Vanilla will be possible in, say, 2 months after the initial launch.

I realize it's too early for the discussion, but why not.

==========

* - let's be honest, "this server has tons of rich 60s already" is repelling. "This server will have an influx of 60s a few months after launch" sounds way better.

**- by the way, this "not too soon and not too late" is something we know nothing about now. Again, I realize it's too early, but now some people can expect TBC this year, and some can expect it in 2020, seeing how long the Ares re-development took. It's not a healthy situation.

I second that, although:
...While guaranteeing that copies from Vanilla will be possible in, say, 2 months after the initial launch.
* - let's be honest, "this server has tons of rich 60s already" is repelling. "This server will have an influx of 60s a few months after launch" sounds way better.
I think that copying should not be so certain. And if players are copied at some moment of time, it probably should become longer than just two months. Maybe not sooner than economy on most items of different rarity establishes and fresh people gain some achievements in both PvP and expansion PvM.

TBC economy is so different from vanilla that people bringing over a few hundred gold per character probably doesn't hurt the server at all. I suppose you could limit the transferred gold to 5k per account or something, but people would be likely to just abuse the free account creation to go around that.

Just enable transfers once the first players hit 70. Pushing the transfers too far will just diminish the interest of those current Kronos players who wish to compete in early pvp/pve.

Last edited:
You will need some sort of restriction to stop these players from amassing 400 alts with tailoring and alchemy like they're currently doing or you will have a really shit economy for new players

One player online per IP and one account per player like felmyst wanted it. Multi accounts. The idea of x1 fresh without transfers is also very good because there are definately many people at gold cap, which would fuck the economy from the start.

I think Ares was meant to be the fresh tbc server and the kronos tbc is designed to keep the og kronos players in the game and not lose them to some wannabe scriptlords.

I think Ares was meant to be the fresh tbc server and the kronos tbc is designed to keep the og kronos players in the game and not lose them to some wannabe scriptlords.

Ares is insta60, it's a different story (let's hope that it's not a bad-ending story).

I suppose you could limit the transferred gold to 5k per account or something, but people would be likely to just abuse the free account creation to go around that.
You will need some sort of restriction to stop these players from amassing 400 alts with tailoring and alchemy like they're currently doing or you will have a really shit economy for new players
Economy issues is a different subject, but yea, they're important... I personally see a few options:

1) Sudden gold wipe - e.g. everyone with 3000+g on the accounts wakes up with only 3000g one day. Would not affect those who spread gold between accounts, would cause quite a frustration, so I don't think it's a good option, although it would serve its purpose to some extent.

2) Limit the amount of gold/chars that could be transferred by a player, make it clear and loud, and punish those who try to bypass. Some would avoid the justice, some would be punished occasionally, it's quite some work for the GMs, but it would be really cool if done well.

3) Transfer only those 300/300 profession who are above a certain itemlvl (geared profession alts are not exactly the profession alts, are they..?). Would be bypassed and would frustrate, but could heal the economy a little bit.

The options could be combined to achieve better results.

God I can't stand the fresh cucks. You realize on retail there were people with over 20k gold in vanilla that went into TBC with it? You realize that there were plenty of people with 3+ alts in retail vanilla that got to use them in TBC for cooldowns? I played retail in that period and had 4 60s, my buddy had 3 and 12k gold from dominating the shard market for a year.

I hate leveling, why on earth should I suffer through that bullshit for the 6th time in 2 years so you fresh cucks can have your unblizzlike IM BAD AND WANT A COMPLETELY LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, SCREW BLIZZLIKE, AND SCREW ALL THE WORK YOU HAVE PUT INTO YOUR CHARS ON KRONOS.

Screw fresh, go to Ares if you want a fresh experience.

Last edited:
I understand your point and your frustration, varth. What I suggest is more of a marketing trick than making a real very fresh server. It'd be a 2 months delay, or probably even a week delay if you do it like Topmong said. The (sad?) truth is that there're a lot of "fresh cucks", and a lot of us want Kronos TBC to be popular. Without the "freshification", it's unlikely to be.

God I can't stand the fresh cucks. You realize on retail there were people with over 20k gold in vanilla that went into TBC with it? You realize that there were plenty of people with 3+ alts in retail vanilla that got to use them in TBC for cooldowns? I played retail in that period and had 4 60s, my buddy had 3 and 12k gold from dominating the shard market for a year.

I hate leveling, why on earth should I suffer through that bullshit for the 6th time in 2 years so you fresh pieces of crap can have your unblizzlike IM BAD AND WANT A COMPLETELY LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, SCREW BLIZZLIKE, AND SCREW ALL THE WORK YOU HAVE PUT INTO YOUR CHARS ON KRONOS.

Screw you, go to Ares if you want a fresh experience.
Problem is, there isn't people with 3-4 accounts. There is people with literally hundreds, so much so kronos had to recently FORBID people from buying characters with in game currency.

EDIT: To be clear I also do not want a fresh TBC server, just a restriction on the amount of hoarding that has been done.

Last edited:
So your idea is to take Kronos TBC and turn it into fresh server just like all the rest? Your idea misses the entire appeal of a Kronos TBC server and turns it into just another TBC also-ran.

We get all these fresh TBC servers and none are actually realistic because everyone levels fresh from 1-70. Lets have the real thing for once instead of some bastardised version designed to appeal to outsiders. Many thousands of people have rolled on Kronos over the years. If Kronos TBC turns out to be a quality server then it's not going to be hurting for players.

One player online per IP and one account per player like felmyst wanted it. Multi accounts. The idea of x1 fresh without transfers is also very good because there are definately many people at gold cap, which would fuck the economy from the start.

Only problem with this is if 2 or more people play from same house. My girlfriend and i both play. My brother who rents a room also plays. 3 ppl legit playing on same ip

Only problem with this is if 2 or more people play from same house. My girlfriend and i both play. My brother who rents a room also plays. 3 ppl legit playing on same ip
Some sort of "manual" allowance could work - i.e. you request the right to have a few accounts on one IP and then you're being monitored closely and are ready to face consequences in case you try to abuse it by multiboxing. That being said, I'm really unsure about this idea as well.

So your idea is to take Kronos TBC and turn it into fresh server just like all the rest? Your idea misses the entire appeal of a Kronos TBC server and turns it into just another TBC also-ran.

We get all these fresh TBC servers and none are actually realistic because everyone levels fresh from 1-70. Lets have the real thing for once instead of some bastardised version designed to appeal to outsiders. Many thousands of people have rolled on Kronos over the years. If Kronos TBC turns out to be a quality server then it's not going to be hurting for players.
What other fresh TBC servers are you talking about? :)

Bastardised or not, I do vote for the version designed to appeal to outsiders, rather than the one that is appealing only to myself and the other 50 players. My suggestion is mostly about how to avoid population issues (and merge with Ares) in the future. Maybe all them thousands of people will be interested in coming back for Kronos TBC. But I feel that they would come Kronos TBC-fresh as well, if the transfer will be available shortly after the release. But with them, a lot of newcomers would also come. I might be wrong, but I find my logic logical.

Some sort of "manual" allowance could work - i.e. you request the right to have a few accounts on one IP and then you're being monitored closely and are ready to face consequences in case you try to abuse it by multiboxing. That being said, I'm really unsure about this idea as well.

What other fresh TBC servers are you talking about? :)

Bastardised or not, I do vote for the version designed to appeal to outsiders, rather than the one that is appealing only to myself and the other 50 players. My suggestion is mostly about how to avoid population issues (and merge with Ares) in the future. Maybe all them thousands of people will be interested in coming back for Kronos TBC. But I feel that they would come Kronos TBC-fresh as well, if the transfer will be available shortly after the release. But with them, a lot of newcomers would also come. I might be wrong, but I find my logic logical.

Your idea makes no sense. Why would Twinstar launch 2 fresh TBC servers? There would be calls to merge them almost immediately. It's like you want to recreate the K1/K2 situation all over again just for kicks. Also, TBC servers don't even need huge pop because everyone hangs out in Outland.

1) Fresh x1 isn't fresh instant 60... They are making two TBC servers, and there will be calls to merge no matter how fresh they are. What can prevent prevent merge is Kronos having decent pop.
2) I'm repeating myself, I suggest Kronos TBC to only start fresh.
3) Yea, TBC servers don't need BGs, don't need pugs, don't need anyone in the world while lvling 1-60... I mean, yeah, low pop is playable, but more is better (to a certain extent at least).

On the other hand, have you considered that Kronos can be the first blizzlike server ever doing all the progression like it was on retail? With the dark portal opening event and TBC followup. And then, one day, WotLK or even Cata?
I don't recall any server doing it this way - release all vanilla and then continue with all players and all their characters to next expansion.

Isn't that was feenix did? They forced two vanilla, one X1 and the other was x12? Then forced that server into tbc. I'm pretty sure they had a huge playbase leave because they were forced from vanilla to tbc.

I personally would love the chance to take my character to TBC, I'm sure there's many others who would also want this, I mean if you think about how many players would return given the chance to go from 60-70 and I'm certain Kronos would still pick up players along the way.

Your idea makes no sense. Why would Twinstar launch 2 fresh TBC servers? There would be calls to merge them almost immediately. It's like you want to recreate the K1/K2 situation all over again just for kicks. Also, TBC servers don't even need huge pop because everyone hangs out in Outland.

Why would Twinstar even launch 2 TBC servers? nevermind...

TBC PvP needs a lot more players than vanilla. Its wiser to keep them all on the same realm.
Realmpools were introduces for a reason.

For PvE it doesn't matter, even less than 200 players can keep raid content active...

short term goal for long term repercussions, no thanks

ARES:
Instant 60 is just an option on Ares, designed to give those players whom have leveled many times prior the choice to skip the Vanilla leveling. If you don't want to instant 60, then you're free to level on Ares from level 1, with x1 rates. If you level up from 1 to 70 without choosing instant, you will receive a free Spectral tiger mount.

Source: http://www.ares-wow.com/how-it-will-look-ingame/

On transferring Kronos characters to Ares:
"We are not going to transfer Kronos characters to this realm (Ares). We want a clean and fresh realm without any outside boost and progressed characters."

Source: http://www.ares-wow.com/2017/04/09/ascend/

----------

Kronos TBC (Progress Thru Expansion):
"There will be a TBC realm in the future where characters from Kronos will be able to continue. However, that is up to Kronos to announce the details and only current information from them is that TBC will be after Naxxramas is progressed and farmed. Kronos characters will be transferred, so players from Kronos can continue without already established and farmed characters from TBC."

Source: http://www.ares-wow.com/2017/04/09/ascend/

----------

If you are looking for a "fresh" experience, then just roll on Ares. You can choose to boost or not, that's up to you. If you'd prefer to have a more Blizzlike "progress-thru-expansion" experience, then you need to wait for the Kronos TBC realm to launch. By very nature of this choice...all progress you have made with your Kronos character would transfer over (gear, bags, gold, faction rep) as that's the entire purpose of progressing thru expansion. In other words, the Kronos TBC realm will accomplish what Crestfall has been advertising for years.

As far as multiple accounts and multi-boxing are concerned, that's an entirely separate discussion to be had. The primary difference between retail and TwinStar (read: private server) is that you are allowed multiple accounts here.

/End Thread

With instant 60 option, 1-60 lvling becomes just a grind for the mount, and I'm sure that there will be little to no people using this magnificent opportunity.

But it's about Ares, so an offtopic. The idea of the thread you're trying to end is to attract more players to Kronos TBC. In fact (in some weeks or months after the release), it would be "progress-thru-expansion" experience. But for advertisment purposes, it seems wise to start fresh.

I personally would love the chance to take my character to TBC, I'm sure there's many others who would also want this, I mean if you think about how many players would return given the chance to go from 60-70 and I'm certain Kronos would still pick up players along the way.

It's a good point, but keep in mind that the old Kronos players would return anyway, while for the new players fresh server is more appealing.

Why would Twinstar even launch 2 TBC servers? nevermind...

I second this, and the "nevermind" too :(

With instant 60 option, 1-60 lvling becomes just a grind for the mount, and I'm sure that there will be little to no people using this magnificent opportunity.

But it's about Ares, so an offtopic. The idea of the thread you're trying to end is to attract more players to Kronos TBC. In fact (in some weeks or months after the release), it would be "progress-thru-expansion" experience. But for advertisment purposes, it seems wise to start fresh.

It's a good point, but keep in mind that the old Kronos players would return anyway, while for the new players fresh server is more appealing.

I second this, and the "nevermind" too :(

Most of the private server community have already rolled on some of the fresh TBC servers that have launched in the last few years. There is a big project right now which I won't mention. A fresh Kronos TBC would have nothing attracting players over those current options. Why would they just up and leave the fresh TBC server they've been playing on for months to roll on another one? The attraction of Kronos TBC is the progression from Vanilla. Without that, why would anyone bother?

Most of the private server community have already rolled on some of the fresh TBC servers that have launched in the last few years. There is a big project right now which I won't mention.

Please, mention all these projects at last, so we're on board. Right now, I only know the two TBC servers of Warmane, but they're infamous for mediocre scripting. Isn't pretty much everything else perished?

The attraction of Kronos TBC is the progression from Vanilla. Without that, why would anyone bother?

I've never suggested to go without that, I really want to transfer my chars too. I've only suggested to delay that.

Top Bottom