• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The Question of Naxxramas Difficulty

You can cast 4 votes in this poll

• Let us keep world buffs upon zoning into Naxxramas

Votes: 105 25.9%
  • Remove world buffs upon zoning into Naxxramas (but allow them later on)

Votes: 184 45.3%
  • Remove world buffs upon zoning into Naxxramas (permanently)

Votes: 124 30.5%
  • I am not against changing monster stats

Votes: 187 46.1%
  • I am against changing monster stats

Votes: 169 41.6%
  • I am not against making invisible changes

Votes: 124 30.5%
  • I am against making invisible changes

Votes: 219 53.9%
  • I am not against making changes to fixed timers

Votes: 139 34.2%
  • I am against making changes to fixed timers

Votes: 201 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So once you've tried it, you're in the "Buff it" club now? And the only reason you wiped that much is cause most people probably had no clue what are they doing, where to move or position, etc., next week when everyone knows what's up it's gonna be 10x smoother. All streams that I watched are literally full of backpedallers and clickers and they cleared 10 bosses on the first day. I did few raids in Momento Mori, which is labeled as an average Kronos guild, on my friend's character when he couldn't make it in the last few months and they seemed way better and more organized then what I saw in those raids. So how about all of you who have no clue what are you talking about, like Varth was till 2 days ago, stop spreading your Blizzlike aids just in order to say something. Like literally the only Blizzlike nerd in this topic who has some Naxx experience is Fei, but his reason for an easy Naxx is that he's sick of the game and wants to be done with it as soon as possible so he doesn't really bring any good arguments for "Blizzlike Naxx - Good Naxx" imo.

Glad to see you havnt been paying attention whatsoever to this thread yet feel the need to post such a thing. What a pompous jackass you are resulting to personal attacks when you don't even bother to read. So you don't even raid here anymore yet are posting constantly? And you are a hunter?
I have no reason to read your garbage since you contribute nothing of value, welcome to the ignore list. Let me know if you actually start raiding again and not on a useless class that is brought for tranq and tranq alone.

Last edited:
The problem with buffed content isn't in the opening weeks but the long run. If it's buffed where it requires 2 or more flasks for every person + regular consumes every raid; it will lead to burnout. Very few people are going to want to farm all that shit for months on end. The runs I was watching on Anathema had the entire raid flasked for the 10+ hour duration. The Warlock on the Scuba Cops stream popped 5 flasks over the course and they didn't even reach KT. They tapped out at 4HM. This is at normal values remember. Imagine the requirement if it was buffed. Buffed Naxx is fun for a week or two before becoming a huge pita.

Thing is, Slippy, for pretty much all of it, they didn't have to use any flasks. They just did it because "it's progression and you're supposed to be overbuffed".

Once people get used to it, it will be a lot easier again.
Also, you gain more powerful items negating the "need" to flask 40 people, that is not there in the first place really ^^

Remember, you can easily "overtune" then "nerf" as needed. It's a lot more challenging going the other way around.

Dodged the question. So the answer was probably "yes", Sarei.

I know reading is hard guys, but really you should put in the effort if you want to make clever posts. You post questions I have already answered, feel free to use your eyes to read my earlier posts that answered that very question. Not my fault you are lazy.

When participating in a discussion, you are supposed to present everything you say in a clear way that gets your point across without any doubt in a reader's mind. Of course, that sometimes isn't easy due to different points of view and background knowledge, but that is why you need to always answer things in a "for dummies" way.
Not directly answering someone's question and asking them to read between the lines in a rant post is dodging at best. It's not wanting to answer it because it's not something you want to say.

The problem with buffed content isn't in the opening weeks but the long run. If it's buffed where it requires 2 or more flasks for every person + regular consumes every raid; it will lead to burnout. Very few people are going to want to farm all that shit for months on end. The runs I was watching on Anathema had the entire raid flasked for the 10+ hour duration. The Warlock on the Scuba Cops stream popped 5 flasks over the course and they didn't even reach KT. They tapped out at 4HM. This is at normal values remember. Imagine the requirement if it was buffed. Buffed Naxx is fun for a week or two before becoming a huge pita.

Remember that world buffs can be available in a later stage.

Thanks for listening to your community and trying to find a middleground to appease the crowd. Fingers crossed for a smooth release.

Gl hf

We killed 8 bosses last night with many people completely new to the fights. Doesn't feel overtuned so far. I'm glad they opted to disable world buffs.

Anub - major bugs with Impale, so currently overtuned
Faerlina - too easy
Maexxna - too easy
Noth - too easy
Heigan - too easy
Loatheb - too easy
Patchwerk - Hateful Strike is currently bugged, a little too easy otherwise
Grobbulus - too easy
Gluth - too easy
Thaddius - too easy
Razuvious - too easy
Gothik - WAY too easy
Four Horsemen - slightly too easy
Sapphiron - GOOD (didn't encounter a single bugged Iceblock btw)
KT - major bugs so currently very overtuned

The only two bosses that we killed that actually felt hard were Anub (because of the bugs), and Sapphiron. The rest felt like we were doing an LFR raid. A lot of trash, on the other hand, was what we found most difficult--probably because we haven't had an opportunity to practice it outside of once on the Kronos PTR.

Overall experience so far: I had already assumed that it would be way too easy, and I wasn't wrong. While some of the trash was pretty hard, most of the bosses were just a complete joke. What was most disappointing however were the amount of bugs. Things like Patchwerk's Hateful Strike and Anub's Impale which were working properly by the end of the PTR testing, or reported issues that STILL had not been fixed, like Thaddius' Throw threat transfer, among others (not going to bring up KT since we were far behind Synced and VG). Hopefully most, if not all of them get fixed on Wednesday with the already announced update to Naxx, and week #2 is a bit smoother.

Come play Horde and tell me how easy it is. Paladins, their utility, buffs and sustain are god-like in Naxx. Doubly so in longer, buffed encounters. We barely even have totems in a key encounter like Four Horseman.

Last edited:
That is blizzlike though, not Kronos fault.
Shamans are perfectly fine on 4hrsm, wait for Sapph to be annoyed ^^

I'm not saying it's anyone fault. Just pointing out the incredible advantage Paladin gives to Alliance in this particular instance. I'm saying the devs need to take into account the other faction when deciding to buff values.

And on 4HM there is very little uptime on WF, Str and FR totem.

Thanks for a broken naxx after 1.3+ years if only there was testing!
pope.gif

Very dissapointed for a wasted launch

World first Naxx clear in retail was a horde guild :p

I'm aware of that. Do you know the ratio of Horde to Alliance clears after that? It was massively skewed towards Alliance. A Horde guild got first on Anathema also and are still the only Horde to kill KT. Nihilum had to recruit from other servers to get their world first. They also had normal values and World Buffs.

All I'm saying is buffing the values by as much as you want would completely lock out Horde since Shaman do most of the aoe healing and are not able to go all day like Paladins. They could triple the hp values on some of these bosses and as long as the healers don't fall asleep; Alliance could do it.

Top Bottom