• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Graphics

dzonibegood

I was thinking... Is it possible to have the updated graphics and vanilla at the same time? The only thing i wouldn't mind that is changed over the vanilla authenticity is the graphics like updated characters higher res textures where it was updated etc... Or if they didn't update old textures just the new character models if it's possible?

I'm all for updated textures. Even if it has to be toggleable or have to download a new folder and overwrite old textures manually.

Well, theoreticaly it should be possible, but you have to find someone, who will extract these textures from the newer client and then port it to the vanilla client.

Long time ago, when wowemu was the only emulator for p-servers, there were hack-patches, which added 1.11 content into the client but game client still showed 1.8.0 version.

Well, IMHO it is possible to patch the client somehow, however I don't know if the client engine will be able to render these models properly.

In addition such modification is against EULA and can damage your client permanently.

I don't recommend it :)

imo first lets get this server up and running bug free blizzlike :) then we can focus on making it more pritty im always for new textures, the new ones in blizz like amazing, i especially like the ork
http://images.gameskinny.com/gameskinny/a21a982f3d0cd9f63a18590f448866f5.jpg
Ya of course first server gets up and hopefully will be fully operational with very minor bugs that will be unnoticed just like on real servers... Then they could try add new character models and even possibly try and use newer textures (and spell effects) etc... That's the only thing i would like to be changed from vanilla... The updated estetics... :v

- - - Updated - - -

Well, IMHO it is possible to patch the client somehow, however I don't know if the client engine will be able to render these models properly.

In addition such modification is against EULA and can damage your client permanently.

I don't recommend it :)
What do you mean it can damage my client permanently? Well i'll be playing on your server... It's your eula right? You're in control what's permitted and what's not... I'm sure you can at least update and add new models if spell effects and textures (like wall texture etc...) are too hard to update...
I tried other private servers and every one of them makes me sick... I'm gonna give your server a try since it's gonna be as near authentic as you can make it (i'm sure everything will be working and be just like past vanilla WoW) and don't care if client gets changed...

Just to clarify few things:
-WoW is working on client-server basis.
-Dev team is fixing server side things, like HP, damage, spawn points of NPCs, scripting quests and encounter and so on. This data server sents to your client.
- Client then "decode" it and represent it with graphic. Basicaly, Chero can't do anything about how your game will look like. He can script, that boss cast on you fireball (id 12345). But if you modify your game client to represent this fireball (id 12345) by big, pink pig, then you'll see big pink pig to fly towards you. All others will see just fireball.

There actualy were some client modifications like "black dragonstalker pack" which recolored hunter T2 dragonstalker set.

And to the ELUA. Emulating is not illegal, but playing without original copy of the game is. And with original copy of the game you accept Blizzard terms of use.

I think you misunderstand.
By installing World of Warcraft on your PC, you automatically agree to the terms created by Blizzard, the creator of this software. That includes the part where it basically says that modifying any part of the client is forbidden. By playing on any other server than retail, you are modifying the realmlist (if not anything else), thus breaking the EULA, and should Blizzard discover this, they can take legal action against you.

That aside, modifying your client can damage it in a way that you will need to reinstall the game completely. A good example is the feenix server client, which is modified and does not allow connecting to anywhere else than feenix servers. You need to reinstall the client from a fresh source to be able to log elsewhere.

Since Kronos Team does not distribute any modified clients, we also don't recommend the modification. But yes, you can change the models yourself and it might work.

I once changed my human male model into a female elf model:

In the character screen it looked nice

It also looked nice ingame

But some NPCs can get weird

I was thinking... Is it possible to have the updated graphics and vanilla at the same time? The only thing i wouldn't mind that is changed over the vanilla authenticity is the graphics like updated characters higher res textures where it was updated etc... Or if they didn't update old textures just the new character models if it's possible?

I don't know if you havent played vanilla in awhile but Ive been on the private servers for abit now and I gotta say -- the game all cranked up still looks great. I know thats a matter of opinion but I was like you before I jumped back into vanilla P servers and I was astounded at how well it all looked at max settings. Hopefully youll feel the same come release ^_^!

But is there any way to improve graphics using some console commands, like in TBC? I remember we could enhance graphics that way.

The only way I could think of that could slightly improve graphics without causing critical errors and reasons to reinstall the whole game, is by setting your game options via your video card control panel to something higher than what is available in the classic client. Like the 16x multisampling for objects viewed at an angle. And you must enable the option "Enhance game settings" in the vcard panel in order for the thing to have effect.

You cannot improve the graphics like in WotLK. They removed some limitations, so you could increase the amount of graphic elements, like frost shards falling during Blizzard spell for example. In vanilla and tbc, the max amount is limited.

Regarding the HD models issue. You can swap some low quality textures ingame, because Vanilla comes from 2004, so do the graphics. For example, your well known login screen when you launch wow:

vanilla_warcraft_logon_screen_by_savaena-d6wpux4.jpg

Uses a 256x256px picture in the middle of the portal.

Using a 1024x1024 didn't work, but using 512x512 did, so here's an example:

[video=youtube_share;JPq-J0rB1V0]http://youtu.be/JPq-J0rB1V0[/video]

You cannot improve the graphics like in WotLK. They removed some limitations, so you could increase the amount of graphic elements, like frost shards falling during Blizzard spell for example. In vanilla and tbc, the max amount is limited.

Regarding the HD models issue. You can swap some low quality textures ingame, because Vanilla comes from 2004, so do the graphics. For example, your well known login screen when you launch wow:

vanilla_warcraft_logon_screen_by_savaena-d6wpux4.jpg

Uses a 256x256px picture in the middle of the portal.

Using a 1024x1024 didn't work, but using 512x512 did, so here's an example:

[video=youtube_share;JPq-J0rB1V0]http://youtu.be/JPq-J0rB1V0[/video]
Well that rmx cought me off guard lmao :lol:

Sounds work too.
How about swapping your default Battlegrounds starting horn sound with with first 30s of Eye of the Tiger? :biggrin:

Ozzky, this is entirely up to the person who wants it, because if I decided to put Eye of the Tiger into my wow, I would hear Eye of the Tiger, but everyone else would still hear the default horn sound.

in my opinion, this would just remove the whole point of having it blizzlike..
Uhm a question... How is having up to date WoW graphics removing the point of having it blizzlike? Blizzard updated textures and also blizzard made new models with higher textures... It's nothing modded or custom it's all from blizzard.

Having Dungeon finder is also blizzlike, having option to queuee from everywhere is also blizzlike... But it's not vanilla blizzlike.

But to the topic, as sayed above, better graphics are YOUR problem. If you want to, you can change it and nobody will notice it. But nobody guarantees you that your game will work properly.

So I made myself an improved version of the login screen.

loginscreen2.jpg

With these changes came certain "bugs" where I have to figure out a fix yet, but well, it works :wink:

If you play Ryse and Battlefield 4 on Ultra with no problems you really would wish WoW could "challenge" your PC a little bit more.

I just want the terraine distance to be infinite, must be possible somehow....

Top Bottom