• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Advertise better!

eotrampage

If a broken server filled with cheaters / botters and corrupt GMs can get 3k pop then why can a (almost) perfect server like this not even break 1.5k?

to me it seems you need to spread the word better

No amount of advertising trumps word of mouth.
You're right if you wanna tell us that we must spread the word as hard as we can. But you're not right... on the other way :) Why Feenix was the most popular for all this years? Because its players were impressed by its quality? :D

I mean, people tend not to choose the best. So advertisement is very important now, hope that staff will do something about it. New videos etc. Dodgykebaab will help us soon BTW :)

No amount of advertising trumps word of mouth.

I agree, but there is only so much we can do as players. Twinstar/Kronos team should step up and start advertising. We were seeing 800-900 on horde daily last week/the week before but now we're seeing 500-650 at peaks (from the past couple of days).

I blame the good weather of this week :D

Gonna try to make some video when i got time , but im focusing on levelling atm :p

We are going towards summer, the player numbers should and will decrease and in the autumn they will rise again.

Yes, but he's right. I wanted to point this myself. We had successful launch, numbers are still great (anything above 800 is great in my opinion), but advertisement should continue. More videos of working stuff like quests and dungeons will be awesome.

Okay I know, the optimistic people will say 'it is the weather! new games has been released!' and so on and in 2-3 weeks they will look for other 'reasons' why the population is still going down.

Nothing new, it is the same in every single new game release ever (MMOs).

Pop going down? Uh uh weather! Holidays(duh)! New games! But none of those overly-optimistic people try to look a bit more realistic in the real reasons why a population is not stabilizing and dropping pretty fast(here):

Lack of community:

One of my first posts was about this forum and the activity.
I love active forums, stuff to read and discuss about and so on, it just feels good to see people talking (not arguing, not trolling, not flaming) about the game we all love.
Days before the BIG RELEASE here were some posts about the release and yeah, the big hype? No, nothing.

'We waited to long now we are just calm!' Nonsense. Honestly, if you were such big fans and would have waited for so long, you would be excited to see the release finally happen but this was not the case. This has nothing to do with a calm mood, with 'being older' or anything like that. If you can't wait for something and just want to log in to play, you will at least ask other people about it, communicate and so on.

PvP community seems to be extremely small, streamers are also nearly non-existent(the blizzard bans are not the reason anymore, most streamers are just back streaming from 'the other server'), big progress oriented raid groups?
Well, I know 1 on the alliance side so far, others claim to do raids and so on, but nothing very serious which would bring in competition for the raiders. In my opinion, this is a very bad sign.

'But but people are leveling!' Yes, so why is going the population down rapidly then? People are already quitting (common sense: many people won't reach lvl 60) and nearly no new people coming in.

Battlegrounds are non-existent, yes, people are leveling and focusing on getting 60 to start either the pvp grind there OR to start equipping their low-level alts.

But I know from the other very popular (and bad) server, that there were BGs running all the time, esp. on the 10-19 bracket since start. The top 1 player in overall pvp was a lowlevel player who did nonstop BGs in the first 2 weeks.

There are several pre-made groups running BGs and even there, the queue times are not good on lvl 60 BGs with ~4 times (estimated) more players than here.

Assumption? The BG players wont do the pvp grind here as the queue times will be huge so they either quit or 'grind' in the levelzones which will result in many rage quits on the victims.

I really like this server, really love the quality and the fast fixes. BUT the population is concerning in my opinion.

In my opinion, the release date right after this other server was the biggest mistake. When I asked some of my friends if they would be interested in starting here, they asked me why they should play here when the other server is booming...quality wise, yup, this server wins big times.

But if a server has great quality but too few people to enjoy things like BG PvP, many raids to choose from which compete a bit with each other, big world pvp events and stuff like that...i dont know.

I really hope some sane and friendly people from other vanilla servers will hear about the great quality here and switch over, before people start spreading the 'empty server' hate like they do about other server.

There are currently 590 people online on the horde side, prime time EU for a EU server, this is not satisfying on a friday evening :(

PS: sorry for the big post, but this is pretty important to me and should be important to everyone, spread the good word about this server!

Nost did Check-mate to us by unleashing the GIGANTIC hype train with early release - CHECK. MATE.

Pretty much spot on.

The EU prime is lacking and NA even moreso. As much as I want this server to succeed, it will take a big surge now from the advertising department.

We've seen player numbers dropping by almost 100-200 over the past week. On a 700-800 player horde amount this is a lot. This population won't be enough to sustain a healthy PvP population, especially if it continues to dwindle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of people quit because it gets to hard :)

Just think about this: Level 1-30 should be fine but then the time for a level up stretches long and this makes people quit i can feel it. But this server is nowhere going to die. People will come back sooner or later who quit or has started to take a break.

people are rushing and dont know why they do it, then the time for a level up takes to long and their rushing-feeling eats itself and the player breaks down, K.O. But he is learning the hard way. he will come back.

I know its the stupidity of people, but people dont wanna do it the calmed way. This server will be healthy thanks to the fixes and people who try to make common sense here.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hukhuk
There are currently 590 people online on the horde side, prime time EU for a EU server, this is not satisfying on a friday evening :(

527 on Alliance side :S

Last edited:
So join the Kronos Team and help with an advertisement. Guys, who worked on it before the launch, are playing on the Kronos now and maybe they are not longer interested about any help with advertisement.
Send an email to chero(at)twinstar.cz with your application.

I think a lot of people quit because it gets to hard :)
Then why dont they quit on n0st as well?

All of these "its because we have good weather, people are outside"-arguments do not explain why nos does not see this same decrease as we have. I log in there from time to time to check on the pop and its still the same insane amount as it was a few weeks ago. I want Kronos to succeed, but I had a feeling this would be the case a few weeks after release and initial hype calmed down. Our guild have done extreme amounts of cleanouts just about everyday of people that have left.

Its not wierd that people leave for different reasons, maybe Kronos at release didnt seem that much better compared to what Nos is now after they fixed alot of stuff, they also got a head start and they got massive hype in their favor. What is an issue is the lack of constant stream of new players. Advertising is the one and only thing here. As someone said above, us players can only do so much, its up to the staff to advertise and fix stuff. It takes an incredible amount of work.
We need new blood and people will see how great the quality is now when its all been stablized! Advertise advertise advertise!

Also, please stop with this "corrupt gm" bs. People actually say the same thing about Kronos staff on their forums, its really tiresome and makes you wonder if people understand what corruption actually means. Check their forums and you can see for yourself all the work they do to fix exploits, ban massive amount of exploiters and cheaters. The same thing goes for Kronos. The team is working hard to fix exploits and severals bans have been hammered against cheaters. No private server worth its name tolerates cheaters (Not gonna talk about some obvious ones here though).

527 on Alliance side :S
681 horde players on as we speak, and 555 alliance people (checked my ally toon). Last weekend it was 800-900 Horde and 700 allies I believe. I remember people arguing on whether we would rise to 3k last weekend. Oh, how wrong they all were...

Last edited:
Also watching the section of Bans, it could be that people are getting dissapointed how people get banned for weird stuff. Also the Rules and Violations list which everyone got could also freightend people, because its just weird. those 2 Einspid and Elitist got banned but i cant see anything on the picture that is wrong? i cant even comment there.

Im myself freightend about some rules where people can banned for just playing the game. And it is saying that there is no excuse for not knowing the punishments, this sounds very elitist and corrupt. And this has nothing to do with DEV's. Gms do their job seperate from DEV's definitly and these GM's need to know something important. They need to know that bugs that exists in the Game doesnt mean it is possible to ban people for abusing stuff. DEV's need to put priority on these Bugs to not make people abuse it. For example the ressing while not in combat. What if someone who didnt even register to forums and ress someone who just got into the dungeon and the rest has started with some people already dead and the guy who walks in resses him? Then he gets bannned?!

Just simply dont make a rule for punishment just because people abuse a bug. It simply needs to get removed or needs priority. I hate this because its the same on the other Project that starts with F!

Im speculating that these GM's are looking for people to ban because they enjoy it!

Those reports that get banned makes me scared to be honest, because i dont wanna waste my time towards level 60 then get banned for something silly! People on Retail could do anything they wanted, you just dont speak bad stuff, you can behave bad which wont get you banned. You can kill anyone you want, how many times you want and where you want, no exceptions! This is the freedom people are looking for, not something like "If you kill people on that spot you get banned!"

Last edited:
Im speculating that these GM's are looking for people to ban because they enjoy it!

Ye no, take off the tinfoil hat mate, there is no conspiracy here. Read the rules first, play the game and enjoy it. You wont get banned. If you do something that you are unsure about is allowed or not, then by all means ask in the forums, that's what I did! I asked about the modified exe to get more sound channels before I used it.

Those reports that get banned makes me scared to be honest, because i dont wanna waste my time towards level 60 then get banned for something silly! People on Retail could do anything they wanted, you just dont speak bad stuff, you can behave bad which wont get you banned. You can kill anyone you want, how many times you want and where you want, no exceptions! This is the freedom people are looking for, not something like "If you kill people on that spot you get banned!"
You realize, that those bans are done AFTER players reported the players with screenshots on the 'blacklist' forums, right? Every player can see that, so if a ban is not 'okay' then the players would see that.

You need to read the rules as Kronos is different than other p.servers and there is clearly a rule against those guard avoiding. I don't know, maybe it is just a temp ban, maybe the players has been contacted and was rude? If this was an instant PERMANENT ban because of 2 reports (same situation tho) then yes, it is not okay in my opinion.

Most players don't know that roof-top world PvP is mostly not okay on Kronos...is this bad or good? In my opinion it is good, simply because there are always jerks who would exploit it and make many many people rage quit or it would result in a circle-jerking where every single neutral city and city with roofs would be camped by lvl 60s who would do this all day long. (Look at the n0st forums, this is or was the case there...impossible to quest in gadgezan for days).

And those quitting people would hurt Kronos way more than lets say, 3-4 banned people (who should have be either warned and/or temp-banned for a few days BEFORE) who exploited the guard pathing.

If you want to be lame, do it within the rules. If you can not do it within the rules, you are too weak :)

You realize, that those bans are done AFTER players reported the players with screenshots on the 'blacklist' forums, right? Every player can see that, so if a ban is not 'okay' then the players would see that.

You need to read the rules as Kronos is different than other p.servers and there is clearly a rule against those guard avoiding. I don't know, maybe it is just a temp ban, maybe the players has been contacted and was rude? If this was an instant PERMANENT ban because of 2 reports (same situation tho) then yes, it is not okay in my opinion.

Most players don't know that roof-top world PvP is mostly not okay on Kronos...is this bad or good? In my opinion it is good, simply because there are always jerks who would exploit it and make many many people rage quit or it would result in a circle-jerking where every single neutral city and city with roofs would be camped by lvl 60s who would do this all day long. (Look at the n0st forums, this is or was the case there...impossible to quest in gadgezan for days).

And those quitting people would hurt Kronos way more than lets say, 3-4 banned people (who should have be either warned and/or temp-banned for a few days BEFORE) who exploited the guard pathing.

If you want to be lame, do it within the rules. If you can not do it within the rules, you are too weak :)

Then the person should not report the players abusing some game mechanics but report the bug on the bugtracker and until then its not banable. This is the most peaceful way in investigating that situation. You as a horde player can walk a bit away from their and not get shot by the alliance on the roof. Also the thing with Gadgetzan was normal. Later after TBC they put Guards on those roofs for this. You can see how they dealt with this. They put NPCs on that place, no reason to ban. Its normal game mechanic...! You dont have to stay there to get shot, you can go elsewhere or deal with 1-2 deaths and be smart how to run away. Thats just world pvp.

Then the person should not report the players abusing some game mechanics but report the bug on the bugtracker and until then its not banable. This is the most peaceful way in investigating that situation. You as a horde player can walk a bit away from their and not get shot by the alliance on the roof. Also the thing with Gadgetzan was normal. Later after TBC they put Guards on those roofs for this. You can see how they dealt with this. They put NPCs on that place, no reason to ban. Its normal game mechanic...! You dont have to stay there to get shot, you can go elsewhere or deal with 1-2 deaths and be smart how to run away. Thats just world pvp.

I agree. Instead of just outright banning someone for something that happened so frequently in vanilla, you should make the community more aware (not everyone reads server rules), talk to the people who are doing it, and yes put it on the bugtracker.

When this kind of stuff happens it puts a bad taste in peoples' mouth, something Kronos cant afford with it's already small and dwindling population.

those 2 Einspid and Elitist got banned but i cant see anything on the picture that is wrong? i cant even comment there.
It is OT but I see GM made mistake there. Rule:
"– Deliberate exploiting of “blind spots” in neutral cities (guards do not react to your attacking an enemy player)"
And I think OG is not neutral, or?

"– Deliberate exploiting of “blind spots” in neutral cities (guards do not react to your attacking an enemy player)"

Yes Ogrimmar is not neutral. But talking about neutral cities, that shouldnt be banable either. I also know people were ganking on that ship's end in Booty Bay, which was reported here and the player got banned. In later expansions Goblins got a knockback ability for these kinds of things but were are not on expansions :/ There needs to be a Bugreport for this before it gets a confirmed rule for banning. And the bugreport should come from a GM if it gets reported to the Black List section. The bugreport should contain evidence for killing people on spots where Guards cannot get in. People just need to walk away from there if there is some Gank Squad!

I actually commented on that thread on black list forum because of that. I understand the same thing: on hostile cities, why should that be punished? Everyone can go to that roof and kill the person.

Better would be the new thread Suggestions about Rules. This have almost nothing with an Advertisement.
And btw forum rule:
  1. The only users that can post to a thread in Blacklist are the user who has brought the accusation, the user accused and the GM (moderator) who is dealing with the given report.

Last edited:
the point probably is that guards are ment to GUARD players. especially lowlevel ones. so by camping somewhere guards cant reach you, e.g. because their pathfinding is just not good enough, you bypass that. and this obviously was not in the programmers intention. no matter if neutral or hostile citiy.

PS this probably is the wrong thread for that discussion :whistling:

Actually I don't want a server with 3000 people. I think 1500 is pretty good, I would be happy if it stayed like this. The reason the population goes down is that rose tinted glasses effect, that starts to fade more and more as people level up. They used to remember only the good parts from the "good ol' days", then they start to hit the grind wall, get bored and go to facebook...

Top Bottom