• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

1.12.1 and 2.4.3 Addon Site

sure but i don't know where and the CMS you use is unfamiliar to me since i normally build em without, but i would gladly try to assist you with the project :wink:.

feedback: the menu above need's some new art since it doesnt seem to fit in with the rest, heres a simple yet well known you can imitate without much trouble link the design would fit right in and then you can decide on if you want the same hover effect or not :smile:

tip: use the google search engine and design the output, that way you get a fast decent "free" search function that you can manage easily with a low amount of time and coding :laugh:

note: just send me a message and ill look into what you need help with when i got time and if its possible for me :smile:

Crowlock is right. The Design is a bit poor, but there are several neat tricks to pimp it up.
First of all you have a wonderful Artwork as background, use it, to pimp your whole Website.
HTML:
body{
background: url('...');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed; -- To support large addons with a lot of text/comments
}

I'd suggest to use transparency, since CSS4 offers it so gladly to you:
HTML:
#content_container{
background: rgba(35,35,35, 0.5);
(...)
}
If you play around with this option, a nice website should pop out :D
Another hint: Play around with small things like links/hover etc. Those little things make the user experience even greater.

how far are you with the website ?

note: my offer still stand's, i will help with whatever i can since it would benefit the server and those playing here :wink:

tip: you can ask twinstar once close to being done if they wanna host it, quite sure they will even try to lend a hand if they deem it worthy.

you could take some of the idea's from here as a web developer the only thing that is truly your's is only your skill and the logo, design and theme can be copied easily by anyone but the site i linked uses a rather common yet smooth design for the top bar the browse addons are also great and since it is only wow addons you wouldn't need the searchbar in the centre since it is already in your top bar.

for addon display i would suggest something similar to how twinhead work's they mainly took the idea's from the old wowhead but it is a great simple design, just add a download option below it and for the creator and admin's an upload button below that.

well those are just some quick thoughts of mine regarding a simple design since let's be honest, we learn from everywhere and we copy, redesign or improve parts that we like as long as its not a direct copy :wink:

Looking pretty cool even in a conceptual stage, the background is sexy as well. If the functionality feels good and 'squishy' with nice big animated buttons and mouse-hover description previews and a detailed picture it would definitely end up in a lot of people's bookmarks.

I'm completely unaware of how CSS works - or whatever is used these days - but I do have some 1.12 addons stashed away that I can provide if you can't find them anywhere.

What are you doing the backend in? I won't touch PHP, unless I absolutely have to. But I'd be willing to help out, seeing as this is something I've been wanting to put up for a while now. We also need really good SEO, or people won't use the finished product.

Top Bottom