• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

A New Kind of Depth

Taromillas

So as everyone knows, when Blizzard was originally designing the game, there were lots of scrapped ideas;
secondary professions, talents, player housing, raids, dungeons, etc.

What I was thinking with all of this is is, once the Kronos team finally works out all of the kinks and issues with the server, glitched quests, crashes, they could actually add these things in.
It would be technically "blizzlike", since they were just ideas that didn't make it through due to time constraints and money.

So why not?

The new "content" that would be added in if this were to happen could include talent changes for more interesting gameplay without imbalances, the secondary profession that never made it in the game, Survival, and even unlocking player housing, and finally using the gated dungeon portal in Stormwind. ( There are plenty un-used areas in horde cities, I'm more than positive they could find somewhere to throw down an instance portal for that. )

There are a lot of possibilities that would infuse vanilla WoW with a new level of depth that blizzard wanted to achieve but couldn't.

The only issue I foresee regarding the application of this suggestion is that I'm unsure if it would require players to download separate patches to connect and properly see all of the content.

What do you guys think?

In my opinion it would be cool,i like changes, but the talent thing would be kinda hard since it could make alot of people un happy by the change. I bet there will be answers just "NO" be ready.

In my opinion it would be cool,i like changes, but the talent thing would be kinda hard since it could make alot of people un happy by the change. I bet there will be answers just "NO" be ready.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Most of the talent changes would be minor-ish and make some talents that are lack luster, worth investing in.

An example, Magic Attunement for Mages in the Arcane tree, right now it only increases the effectiveness of Amplify and Dampen Magic by 50%. ( 50% is not a lot if you look at the numbers of their tooltips, its roughly 10, scaling with level of course. ) There's not a lot of reason to grab this, so it causes an issue with the talent I feel. Why not change it to retain it's original effect, and make it so it increases the range of all arcane spells by 6 yards? Blizzard themselves changed the exact same talent to do that in future expansions, and it would open up a bit more interesting play with it and your arcane spells.

Another example, Improved Fire Ward in the Fire tree for Mages, it's only effect is that it gives Fire Ward a 20% chance to reflect fire spells. Nothing else, just 20%. In comparison to the Frost Warding talent, ( increased armor and resistance through your Ice Armor spells by 30% AND a 20% chance to reflect frost spells ) it really is awful.

Improved Fire Ward could be changed to retain its original function and have a mana restoring function, where 15 to 30% of the damage absorbed would go into your mana, or give you a temporary buff increasing fire damage dealt by an amount equivalent to half of the damage absorbed.

There are tons of examples like these for mages, and pretty much every other class where talents are lack luster and you're commonly forced to choose which talent just straight up sucks the least.

IMO, just, no. If Bli$$ard had a really hard time trying to balance things out during all expansions, imagine how hard it will be here for Kronos staff. I think they have just to focus on fixing the vanilla core stuff as it was on patch 1.12.1. Minor stuff shouldn't be a problem (such as the talent reset price or such things), but talents or item stats is too huge change.

Well, some things could be done.. But, for example, opening that gate in SW would require custom patch into wow client, and that's something that will hardly happen.

It's actually better to focus on the current content, a lot of things still need to be fixed before adding or customizing something else.

So as everyone knows, when Blizzard was originally designing the game, there were lots of scrapped ideas;
secondary professions, talents, player housing, raids, dungeons, etc.

What I was thinking with all of this is is, once the Kronos team finally works out all of the kinks and issues with the server, glitched quests, crashes, they could actually add these things in.
It would be technically "blizzlike", since they were just ideas that didn't make it through due to time constraints and money.

-cough-

Terrible idea, why would you replicate a vanilla server as faithfully as possible and then go messing around with core things like talents. I know we have some custom content here such as the 10g max respect but what you are suggesting is alteration on a more fundamental level. You would alienate a lot of players and I doubt very much the Kronos staff would have that much time and are very busy with what they have already.

Top Bottom