• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question About Latency

AlphaWolfe

Maybe you fellas and ladies can help me out here. I have tried all three realm list posted that were listed. Anyways, to discuss this matter: I am currently stationed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (Shitty duty station by the way). Our "Go-Wifi" that provides for everyone on base is currently located in Florida if I can recall correctly. The lowest my MS sits at is 160-200 which is kind of a nuisance since I'm highly into PvP and every little spike is detrimental. I don't want to assume but I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty much shit out of luck? Lol, thanks for reading.

Yeah you're sol 160 Ms pretty good, haven't even seen that myself on the west coast I'll get about 190 lowest, and yeah you do get the or of range Spam sometimes when you are calling a teacher and they are right on top of you. Idk maybe it's character hitbox acting weird with lag, because leeway melee mechanics should be implemented. Maybe the IP path. Idk. I think ours was a case of 'good enough' for NA honestly, there were changes made where NA players couldn't hit EU players standing on TOP often, not sure if it was reverted or tweaked past that

sorry man my phone did some wack auto correct and this stupid forum wont let me edit. replace calling a teacher with 'hitting an enemy' and on top often with 'on top of them' fix your forums twinstar :\ formatting sucks and edit is broken!

Yeah man no problem! You can mitigate EU advantage by downloading the add-on snowfall vanilla, aka snowfall key press, which activates your ability on key press interested of key release (try it with gouge, default settings won't activate the ability until you let go of key) Even so though you will run into people getting their cast off on you even if you kick the spell, legit. Seen it in combat log all the time, wish I took a screenshot now.. Or vanishing a polymorph cast will sometimes simply not work Besides that and the annoying out of range Spam, you can make rogue work by keeping them locked down and pray nobody comes to interrupt your alone time

I realized my info was melee heavy, if you play a caster it is a loooot more forgiving. Even things like re-seduction timing work if you can memorise your spell timing sequence on your end. Usually input goes through even if you get that sort of half beat lag spike. It's just that EU will always input faster so just do your best to anticipate the enemy's next move

Top Bottom