• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

"All in one" Guide to level 19 vanilla character

Ifreet

Hello guise and gals :cool2:

If you plan on reading entire post, go grab a cup of coffee. This will be huge post.

INTRO WORD

I've fallen into twinking addiction in wotlk expansion after realizing you can lock your xp and wander around the world in your lowbie gear mocking 25lvls that think you are one-shot opportunity :biggrin:
After realizing you can lock your xp here on Kronos I had no doubt where I'll spend most of my time.
This server is my gaming dream come true. Vanilla twinks with locked xp
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: It simply doesn't get any better than that.

If you are reading this and you are not member of Kronos community, trust me man, you are missing out huge thing. Join us! Vanilla twinking is probably most balanced due to relation of talents and spells (no travel form for druids nor wolf for shamans). This server is best option if you are fan of twinking in general. Lock your xp and let the games begin!

PICKING YOUR RACE

Alliance:

• Gnomes make best rogues in bracket.
  • Gnomes also make good casters due to mana racial perk.
  • Gnomes get +15 engineering, meaning they can reach 165 and craft jumper cables :biggrin:
  • Human racial is very usefull for discovering horde rogues around you. Very useful if you are healer since lots of time you will find yourself chased by rogues.
  • Dwarfs can remove bleeding or poisons.
  • Night Elves... druids :biggrin:

Horde:

• Orcs can do more dmg with their racial ability
  • Orcs are also more resistant to stun effects
  • Tauren's racial is very usefull 2sec long stun. 2min cd
  • Taurens also got more overall hp by 5%.
  • Trolls can attack faster for short period of time. Great racial for rogues.
  • Trolls regenerate hp and mana faster.
  • Undead can escape fear, charm or sleep effects.
  • Undead can canibalize dead body. Pretty much 2nd bandage.

PICKING YOUR CLASS

Warrior - seriously underrated class which can obliterate you, if you get caught in hamstring without pvp trinket ready. Great burst damage, good for slowing flaggers cuz hamstring in this bracket has whole new meaning!

Paladin - ultimate faceroll class. able to survive what most classes wouldn't. High armor + self heals make this class great flag carrier.

Priest - if you can play this right... and I mean RIGHT as it should be played, you are pretty much outcome decider. BiS geared and enchanted priest is walking war machine in this bracket! Good dot dmg, absorb shield, heals, fear-alike cc on short cd... pfff whadaya want moar ?

Mage - fire mage or no mage at all. stack fiery wrath gear, get sp enchs where you can and do what you are made for - glass cannoning everything!

Warlock - everyone hates you. none likes you. you are annoying, you dot and run. you fear and dot again. your dots do sick dmg and you got very annoying bastard minion which you can sacrifice and get absorb shield. But your teammates will adore you!

Hunter - pew pew pew pew pew pew aaaanndd more pew pew pew aaaand everyone dead while not even getting near you. Ofc not literally like this, but hunters are ultimate balance keepers. Hunters are most played 19 characters for a reason. Easy to play, OP as fuk.

Rogues - if you ask me, most fun class to twink. Has no BiS weapon. All weapons you get as rog you can purposely enchant and use in particular situations. Can do insane burst damage, but when caught of guard it's easily kited by almost any class in game.

Druid - best variety of healing arsenal in bracket + great cc with roots. Hard to kill due to sick heals when geared properly and hard to catch due to great cc.

Shaman - one of those classes that can do basically anything. slow you down, do dmg, heal self and others... great addition to any team. If played smart it can really contribute to bg outcome massively.

GEARING UP

I'll take a slightly different approach to this section. Instead of listing gear for each class, I'll generalize a bit and divide it into two sections, caster and non-caster gear. I'll provide my personal thoughts on each item I feel like it needs some explanation.
Each section will get updates as I get to remember/find more useful items. Right now I'll list those which are most commonly used. Rings, trinkets and weapons will be listed in separate section.

Caster gear:

chest items:

Willow Robe
( random bonuses of each type of damage, )

Tree Bark Jacket ( valued mostly for big mana pool it provides )

Gray Woolen Robe ( probably best starting chest piece. very easy to get, decent stats. will serve you well until you get lucky with better drops )

Bloody Apron ( if for some reason you want to stack more stamina on your caster, this is your thing )

hand items:

Magefist Gloves ( best all-round stats for caster )

Gnoll Casting Gloves ( always secure bet for dmg boost )

Shimmering Gloves
( various random stats. prefered ones are "of Fiery Wrath" and "of Healing", usually provide better dmg/healing boost than Gnoll Casting Gloves. )

Bright Gloves ( easily found on AH. Great for starting out )

Scouting Gloves ( of Intellect, not sure if there is version "of Healing" )

wrist items:

Mindthrust Bracers ( link doesn't show but it also has MINUS 5 stamina. Not much of a loss due to fact it has big mana pool )

Pagan Bands ( of Healing )

Featherbead Bracers ( horde only )

Scouting Bracers ( of Healing, of Eagle )

waist items:

Keller's Girdle ( best all-round stats for any caster )

Shimmering Sash ( of Healing, of Intellect )

Bright Belt ( best option I know for any clothier's stamina set )

Deviate Scale Belt ( highest stamina druid healer can get. good option for flagging set )

head items:

Green Tinted Goggles ( until you get fishing hat, this one is your friend )

Lucky Fishing Hat
( link doesn't show, but actually provides 15 stamina )

Shadow Goggles ( the only item with int on it )

feet items:

Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots ( 12 stamina boots man... 12 stamina! )

Scouting Boots ( of Stamina, of Intellect, of Eagle )

Bright Boots ( one of best options for cloth sets )

legg items:

Darkweave Breeches ( best all-round stats )

Buccaneer's Pants ( Fiery Wrath, Healing and some other random stats )

Shimmering Trousers ( Fiery Wrath, Healing etc etc )

shoulder items:

Talbar Mantle ( best option, probably for entire bracket regardless of class )

Ghostly Mantle ( horde only )

There is lots of other WHITE QUALITY shoulder items varying only in armor value. Check AH for those.

back items:

Battle Healer's Cloak
( simply the best taaa naa naa naa better then all the rest naaa naa na )

Fortified Cloak (of Healing, not sure if there is some other good verison. will update if I see it )

Engineer's Cloak ( one of best cloaks stat-wise )

Firebane Cloak ( nice fire ress )

Lots of other random drops with 3 or more stamina or intellect. Never more than 5 of a single stat though.

Non-caster gear:

chest items:

Tunic of Westfall ( alliance only, best agi chest piece )

Outrunner's Chestguard
( of Power, imo best by far for warriors and non-healing paladins )

Blackened Defias Chest ( best stamina on any chest item, even flagger druid could get this )

War Paint Chestpiece ( very common drop, therefore great for starting out )

hand items:

Thorbia's Gauntlets ( best all-round stats for mail users )

Defender Gauntlets ( of Power, mail users )

Scouting Gloves ( of the Monkey, leather users )

Deviate Scale Gloves ( good option until you get Scouting Gloves )

Red Whelp Gloves ( for eccentrics :biggrin: )

wrist items:

Defender Bracers ( of Power, of Bear )

Forest Leather Bracers ( best agi on leather item )

Bristlebark Bindings ( solid all-round stats )

Fortified Bracers
( of Power, of Bear, of Intellect )

Beetle Clasps
( alliance only )

waist items:

Stormbringer's Belt ( nice all-round stats, common drop )

Fortified Belt ( of Power, of Bear )

Deviate Scale Belt ( hunts and rogs kill for this item )

lots of other world drops with various random stats... mostly look for "Monkey", "Bear" or "Power" versions.

head items:

same items listed in caster gear section

feet items:

Silver-linked Footguards ( great all-round stats for mail users )

Feet of the Lynx
( hunter, rog best when it comes to damage sets )

Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots ( duhhh 12stamina !! )

lots of other world drops with random stats. Look for "Power", "Bear" or "Monkey" versions.

legg items:

Chausses of Westfall ( alliance only, sick stuff )

Mighty Chain Pants
( solid horde alternative to Chausses of Westfall )

Grunt's Legguards ( of Power, I think it's most dmg on pants +14 )

Leggings of the Fang ( great item for rogs and hunts )

Scouting Trousers ( of Power )

shoulder items:

Talbar / Ghostly Mantles which are mentioned in caster section.

Defender, Raider and many other shoulderpads easily found on AH. Vary only in 1 or 2 armor points.

back items:

Sentry Cloak ( best all-round stats for rog and hunts )

Glowing Lizardscale Cloak
( best agi on any 19s cloak )

Engineer's Cloak ( great for paladins and shamans )

Firebane Cloak ( nice fire ress )

check AH for random world drops like defender, fortifed or raider's cloak of strength if you are warrior or dps paladin.

rings and necklaces for casters and non-casters:

Scout's Medallion ( pretty much only neck item with stats in bracket )

Tarnished Silver Necklace ( for the lols )

Voice Amplification Modulator ( if you are really hardcore, you will get this even it server no purpose :biggrin: Maybe in world pvp a little )

Advisor's Ring ( best caster ring in bracket, same stats on alliance side just other name )

Leggionaire's Band ( same stats on alliance just other name )

Seal of Sylvanas ( horde only )

Seal of Wrynn ( alliance only )

Black Widow Band ( good mana pool for any caster )

Lavishly Jeweled Ring ( good caster option, even better for hunters )

Meadow Ring ( of Eluding x2 + evasion and your rogue is a beast :biggrin: )

Clay Ring ( of Stamina )

Blood Ring ( usually more expensive than Clay Ring, will never understand why )

Demon Band ( good warrior choice )

weapons for all classes:

Melee

Shadowfang ( daddy of lv19 swords )

Assasin's Blade ( best dagger for opening hits for rogues )

Skeletal Club ( Shadowfang's baby... who is the mother, remains to be discovered )

Stinging Viper ( weapon you use in duels vs rogs... no re-stealth baby! )

Searing Blade ( completely underrated weapon. amazing proc, good dmg. leaves a dot meaning harder time for rogs to re-stealth vs you )

Night Reaver ( totally badass axe. great proc and dmg )

Boahn's Fang ( not best option, but decent at least )

Prospector's Axe ( if you prefer stats instead of procs this is your best bet )

few other rare world drops and wsg rep swords. usually around 15.5 dmg with 4str 2sta stat distribution.

hunter weapons

Venomstrike ( best bow in bracket. link doesn't say it but it has 35 dmg proc on hit )

Lil Timmy's Peashooter ( best dmg on a ranged wep in bracket )

Scythe Axe ( one of best dmg boosting weapons for hunters. there is better axe accidentally looted by my guildmate. will update after I get its name )

Twisted Chanter's Staff ( best mana pool provider for hunts )

caster weapons

Staff of the Friar ( ench this with 20 spirit and switch on it for faster mana regen when you are in combat and running away from enemy )

Staff of the Blessed Seer ( 24 healing... duuuudeee )

Emberstone Staff ( nice all-round stats )

Pulsating Hydra Hearth ( great offhand for mages, pair it with Evocator's Blade enchanted with 30sp )

Evocator's Blade ( read what i just wrote above :rolleyes2: )

Antipodean Rod ( could be paired with Evocator's Blade in case you are unlucky with Hearth drop )

Witching Stave ( one and only pure warlock staff in bracket )

Skycaller ( neat wand, good dmg )

Cookie's Stirring Rod
( neater want, better dmg )

trinkets:

Arena Grand Master ( pain to get, worth it completely )

PvP trinket ( self explanatory )

Minor Recombobulator ( trinket that actually heals you and removes polymorph... gg )

Hook of the Master Angler ( trust me, this saved my ass many times in world pvp )

PROFESSIONS:

Engineering is the only profession worth keeping on your lvl 19 character.
Provides lots of handy stuff for pvp:

Cooking is worth to level up too. Provides nice buffs

few other easily obtained recipes for 6sta 6spi buffs

First Aid is a pure MUST HAVE. You are not complete 19 character without 225 FA. Why? Click the link below.

For a second primary proffesion I tend to pick mining to supply my engineering.

"SECRETS" OF THE BRACKET

In this section I'll go over these tiny small world drops which are mostly ignore by players, and here they can actually make some difference in duel or bg outcome.

- Magic Dust

Many of you probably know about this but I gotta list it. 30 seconds sleep... do we need to speak anything else. Get healer to waste pvp trinket cd on something else and pop this up. Bye bye heals for 30 seconds!

- Large Rope Net

Most OP world drop in WoW ever made! Someone link me better one... Rogue sprints? Not anymore! Net him and send him back to graveyard!

- Magic Candle

If you are class without damage that leaves a dot on enemy this is your thing when fighting rogues!
If you sense rogue is gonna run and try to restealth pop this thing on him and you are safe from restealth for 4 more seconds. Weak damage but great tactical thingy.

- Explosive Rocket

If for some reason you are not engineer and you are on alliance, this rocket is could be handy for you. Easy to get cuz its reward from lvl 3 quest. Get it and mail it on your 19 char, it's not BoP. Usefull for discovering roges in wsg tunnels.

- Green Tea Leaf

Does NOT share cooldown with potions! This is 30hp more heal up if you chug it right before or after your potion. 30 hp actually means something in 19s.

- Venomhide Poison

If you can suffer one day and connect flight paths with your melee char from Ratchet to Marshal's Refuge, you will be greatly rewarded. This gold lasts 9h and does 15dmg per tick while stacking 3 times.
That's insane 45 dmg tick addition to your usual damage. This thing stacks on your weapon with your existing enchant so... imagine you got this on a Shadowfang which is enchanted with Fiery Weapon. I regret sometimes cuz I haven't rolled a paladin, rogue or warrior... and I regret it ONLY cuz of this posion.
It's not hard to stay alive in Un Goro, there is lots of passive mobs there. Hardest part is getting from Tanaris to Un Goro. But if you make it, you are blessed with this rarely seen thing in battlegrounds.
Yes... level 19 poison exists and you can get it :biggrin:

- Minor Wizard Oil

Pretty much self-explanatory. Yet, I don't remember seeing many casters with it.

- Heavy Sharpening Stone

Every melee must-have imo. In case you haven't made it to get poison which I mentioned above, at least you should get some of these in your bag to boost your damage.

- Thistle Tea

Why do rogues underestimate the power of this thing in 19s ?? Listen you freakz! Get agi packed set, stack that crit rate, get improved backstab and malice. Your backstab will have insane crit rate with such build.
Now make yourself some of these and open with ambush! If you get crit, and you probably will cuz of sick agi amount, your target will start fleeing. Backstab it! Now start sprinting cuz your don't want to loose your target. Drink thistle tea and backstab it again! In meanwhile you probably dealt at least 2 normal weapon hits and combined with ambush and 2 backstabs in short period of time... thats something barely anyone would survive. I used to down priests like that... very small number of them survived such burst.

- Rumsey Rum Black Label

Get fishing on 150. Buy Nightcrawlers and start fishing snapper, eel and blackmouth pools. Sometimes you can fish it up from Floating Wreckages too.
There are also weaker versions of this drink which give 10 and 5 stamina. Obtained from lower lvl pools in starting areas ( Westfall, Darkshore etc etc )

- Glowing Cat Figurine

Your completely legal combat pet! Yes, you have read that right. Not that hard to get, sad part is that it's unique making it one time use. But I'm definitely getting myself this one for the "WTF" effect in wsg :biggrin:
It has around 400 hp and does like 50-60 dmg to clothers, if I re-call correctly. Man... I gotta test it here...

- Feathered Arrow and Exploding Shot

9.5 damage ammo in lvl19 pvp. SICK. Get your guildmates to pick this quest chain in Desolace and buy ammo from them. Easy peasy to get and it comes in pack of 200.
I used to /who Desolace and whisper ppl to do that quest and buying it from them. Never went under 500 in my bags.

- Quivers

Thanks to Costner123 and Argathen for those, as I was unaware of quest level requirement for these.
Great stuff!

Alliance only:
Quiver of the Night Watch
Bandoller of the Night Watch

Horde only:
"coming soon"

That's it folks... I don't think I've missed much but I probably missed something.
I left out enchanting from guide to leave some space for individuality. It's pretty much simple to write it down and actually we all more-less know what enchants are best of for which slot.

If I get to remember more stuff I'll come back and edit the post.
For now that's it...

Hope you enjoyed it and mostly I hope it got you to start your own 19 toon.
For any further questions hit me up on my lv19 druid Tomerant or warlock Ifreet.

Last edited:
wow, another ? Theres literally hundreds of twink guides, topics ,wall of texts etc on google.:cool2:

Really well written guide good job writing it!
Now everybody get to making some 19 twinks, need some more on the horde side.

just wanna add one of the most important parts which almost all people miss or do not know about.

Quivers... 10% ranged attack speed bonus works for wands too, really OP for casters, 10% is max for horde, but alliance can complete a duskwood quest and get a 11% one

Really nice guide :) love that you include the venomhide poison, which so many people are not using. Btw Venomhide poison wont work with bear form attacks so not really worth getting for druids

Last edited:
thanks for quivers folks! Gotta admit, I didn't know about those.

Adding them now :cool2:

EDIT: I'll put 'em in "secrets" section cuz those are bags, not actually gear pieces.
EDIT2: Costner, can you please link that horde quiver... I had no success googling about it.

Last edited:
Why isnt 29 more popular? Additional battleground, more abilities=more fun and I would imagine its a bit better balanced too. And 29 should offer more variety both in terms of gearing and professions. And you could rape shit in STV

Why isnt 29 more popular? Additional battleground, more abilities=more fun and I would imagine its a bit better balanced too. And 29 should offer more variety both in terms of gearing and professions. And you could rape shit in STV

At least for me it goes like "the lower, the better"... If there was bg available at level 5, I'd make lv5 twink :biggrin:

The problem with 19 twinking is that it's dominated by rogues/hunters. I'd rather twink at 29; better options/specs for casters.

Some things you forgot:

Belt:
Cobrahn's Grasp?

Wrists:
Wrangler's Wristbands have the best potential leather stats. You can get +5stam for a runner druid, or 3/3 eagle, that sort of thing.

Feet:
Sanguine Sandals are the default BEST caster feet there are hands down.

Weapons:
Glacial Stone (alliance only) has by a decent margin the BEST damage of any weapon at 19 save one.
Gravestone Scepter (BFD questline) 29.1 dps on a wand. If you are a clothie without this you aren't a real twink.
Runic Darkblade: Horde only quest reward. NOT SURE if obtainable here, but it was obtainable by 19s on retail at some point.

Shields:
Where are they? Very relevant for 19 paladins, shamans, and warriors.
Arctic Buckler: (BFD questline) best armor and block value in the bracket
Redbeard Crest: Best stats in the bracket for alliance, solid for horde
Gold-Plated Buckler: For alliance, best stam. For horde, quest reward is better
Deadskull Shield: Horde quest reward shield, best stam in bracket. NOT SURE if obtainable at 19 here, but on retail it was in later patches.

Top Bottom