• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Alliance Questing

Tharkal

To start I did play vanilla and it was on a pvp server but I did it as horde. I don't mind pvp while leveling but I've had some trouble finding zones that I can quest in without having multiple horde ttying to kill me at least once a quest. I'm 34 right now and I tried STV and horde made it challenging to level. I tried Hillsbrad I had whole groups chasing me out of my quests... are there any non horde dominated zones I can quest in up to 60 or am I stuck with all these horde dominated areas?

I think it depends a lot where you are instead of your faction. I've played on both sides on this server (my ally's 39 and horde 31) and both have been ganked. If you go to a popular questing area like STV, you will most likely get killed and it doesn't matter if you're ally or horde.

I always just tend to stay away from areas like that, and luckily I don't mind grinding. And if you do grind, you can find places where you won't see a single other player, unless you decide to grind, for example, the tigers next to nesingwary's camp.

Hillsbrad, Stranglethorn, and Tanaris are the major zones known for pvp being a constant. It's just how it is, with the zone layout and quests. The advice I'd give anyone is to know that ahead of time, and try to squeeze out as much questing as you can before entering those zones so you have an edge in terms of character level before you get there.

When I leveled a pair of Ally characters on a different server, I did all of Teldrassil and Dun Morogh, all of Darkshore, Loch Modan, Wetlands, Stonetalon, and Ashenvale before looking for new quests and zones. Stonetalon and Ashenvale are fairly contested with horde but it's a matter of quest location and exposure time of being spotted by the enemy being in your favor. Once I had those done, I was over level for half of Duskwood but picked up some good experience there, and had no difficulties with 1000 needles (shimmering flats), Desolace, Arathi Highlands, and Stranglethorn.

It's a matter of being willing to burn some travel time to just keep questing hard even when quests turn green. It all adds up, and it's a big difference between entering Hillsbrad or Stranglethorn at the lowest level or being 4-5 levels over when you encounter that Horde that wants to gank you.

I spent the last few days sweeping around STV with a Horde party farming HKs...we don't do this to grief...but to farm HKs for PvP ranks...since BGs don't pop at all from 30-39.

If you start to find it so difficult that you are rage quitting...I suggest fighting back! or leveling with someone to reduce the brunt of being killed by a horde player.

That being said, if you are grey to a horde player...most of the time they wouldn't kill you its purely for HKs and Honour.

not true about the grey part, especially stv. just sayin'

almost motivated to go alliance just because of high level horde groups that run around smashing anything they see, no chance for alli

Its the same for both factions. 1 day a zone is occupied by alliance, thus questing for horde is almost impossible. The next day its the other way arround.
Just travel to another zone and quest there.

Don't try to pin this on horde, as a horde player I've been corpsecamped repeatedly by ?? characters and also fallen victim to the WPVP groups. Guess what? It happens, it's a PvP server. If it's too much for you to handle, try escaping to another zone or logging off for a few hours.

I don't have problems to be killed - its PvP. Just cannot comprehend why someone who kill me with 2 attacks wanna do this. I really hope that it helps with his self esteem. So by your claims these scumbags are abundant in alliance too... They must feel proud to kill people that cannot return.

Top Bottom