• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Alterac Valley differences

Crnl

So I recently hit AV level and decided i'd do a long match to begin getting rep as a way to stifle boredom. I quickly realized it's not the classic wow Alterac Valley that I remember.

-No Korrak the Rager quest for my wand

-For some reason there are no rep quest items like night elf ears etc.

-the npcs seem nerfed to the extreme to the point where you can bypass them entirely.

-The mines and proving grounds quest are all non-elites.

This is an extreme difference from how I remembered AV playing out in vanilla. It used to last hours and not for lack of effort. It lasted hours because you couldnt run past the lieutenants from them hitting for 2k or couldn't run around them due to land mines.

I'm extremely disappointed.

Games here lasted hours already. I advice you to focus less on the differences and more on the fun.
also the NPCs aren't nerfed or anything, they are in 1.12.1 state, the patch you are currently playing on.

So I recently hit AV level and decided i'd do a long match to begin getting rep as a way to stifle boredom. I quickly realized it's not the classic wow Alterac Valley that I remember.

-No Korrak the Rager quest for my wand

-For some reason there are no rep quest items like night elf ears etc.

-the npcs seem nerfed to the extreme to the point where you can bypass them entirely.

-The mines and proving grounds quest are all non-elites.

This is an extreme difference from how I remembered AV playing out in vanilla. It used to last hours and not for lack of effort. It lasted hours because you couldnt run past the lieutenants from them hitting for 2k or couldn't run around them due to land mines.

I'm extremely disappointed.

I want to give you the answer you need but i wont, instead i will tell you, you will find the answer soon from this community :D

You are uninformed, i hope you wont rage :D

The guy above this post already gave you a hint btw :D

Haha I think you guys got me all wrong. I'm disappointed but I'm not going to rage because you cleared up some things for me xD. A lot of toxicity around here.

The lack of korrak the rager quest and spawn is still an issue.

The lack of quests for rep items and the inability to loot dead players is still an issue

Proving grounds quest being all non-elites is something I must be mistaken about

NPC's must not be nerfed and thank you for clearing that up :smile:

There's just many differences or bugs that I was looking to have listed. That's all.

So if that was too ragey for you I think you guys should grow up.

- Korrak was removed in 1.10. We are in 1.12. He does not exist in 1.12. You get the wand from killing Drek/Vann.

- Racial tokens (Nelf Heads, Gnome Hair, Tauren Hooves) were also removed in 1.10.

- Field of Strife and some other NPC spawns were removed in 1.11.

- Pretty sure Mine NPCs were Elite til 2.3, so that may in fact be a bug.

Anyway, seems like you meant to post how this is an "extreme difference" from Nost's AV, cause Vanilla's AV was like how it was here for quite a while. And Nost's AV would have eventually become just like this one.

Top Bottom