• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

An guide what is considered north, west and east

Racekak

So when I want to connect to kronos 3, which of the following is for me? Is it east as in eastern china? west as in america? and north as in somewhere north?

So if it is possible to point out which of the concentrators is where?

I was thinking:

North as in north America
West as in Western Europe
East as in Eastern Europe

Is this correct? Please help me and others to clarify this.

Thanks!

LOL Damn I musta pissed someone off, they be takin' all my names!

sup with that, shoulda dropped fat dough eh

ok so mis post.. but there should be info around here it was fairly recent

what I took away from it was that west is for the americas, north EU, and east anywhere east of EU zone.
I could very well be wrong but I think EU players usually connected by the north realmlist

Last edited:
I only see like a 5ms diff between any of them. So I can't endorse or deny anything. I am a WoW politician.

Meet me in the bathroom stalls... lol

My ping also shows no difference.
Using tracert

My last 18th hop for north.kronos-wow.com is Lithuania.
My 17th hop for west.kronos-wow.com is France.
My 17th hop for east.kronos-wow.com is France the same IP as west.
My 20th hop for login.kronos-wow.com is Poland.

If you want to try a tracert. Open cmd prompt type: tracert north.kronos-wow.com

Last edited:
After checking all realmlists with whois under my debian server and nslookup from my local computer. I came to this conclusion since those cannot be precisely located. To make it easier to understand i have drawn a map to help you.

kronosrealmlistmap.jpg

I hope this will help you choose proper realmlist for your region.

They are all hosted in Europe. Using OVH as the provider. Just do a ping to the server dns and look at the time it took. Go with the one that responds the quickest. For me its west.kronos-wow.com

Hi guys, All answers before are false, this is how it works. To check your latency for east,west and north you need to go ingame, you cannot do a ping or tracert to figureout your final latency, its technical impossible. So login on each of them and try for 5-10minutes and see what realm gives you the best latency. There are no way anyone knows beforehand what realmlist will work best for you. Have a nice time ingame!

Top Bottom