• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Announce Kronos TBC soon

bl4ckc0d3r

Authorized
And I mean SOON. It needs to happen before new year, ideally within a month.

Why? Content progression is over. For months and years, players and guilds of Kronos have faced numerous difficulties and endured it all because "Naxxramas is coming soon, and then there is Kronos TBC". Naxxramas has been released a week ago, and this weekend about 3-4 guilds are expected to clear it and finish progression. The novelty of the ultimate vanilla raid will fade soon enough. I cannot say how soon, as that is a subjective matter and depends on players themselves and their communities, but fade it will. How long are guilds expected to be able to keep players engaged with basically no future goals left to look forward to?

Why does it have to be announced soon? Ares is released and many are already playing there, and many more will be joining them over time as Naxxramas hype begins to slowly die. Based on past experience with content release timeline, it will be very difficult to believe that Kronos TBC will be coming out in any reasonable amount of time if all that players are given is silence.

I believe that you, members of Kronos staff, don't really have an idea about what exactly to do nor any immediate plans for TBC progression. I may be wrong, but that is the impression that I got. And that is fine. You have been fully engaged in everything same as players, and probably more on certain levels. But YOU HAVE TO start thinking about Kronos TBC RIGHT NOW if there is any hope of maintaining population of the realm and keeping people from finding a new home elsewhere. The most appealing part of Kronos TBC is getting to continue the journey into TBC with everything that we have built so far, but at some point there will be enough built elsewhere that Kronos accounts/gear/gold/etc won't matter that much. Players moving around a bit is not an issue, but TBC doesn't require many to move to establish new communities. Whole guilds can easily move if enough (~20) of their members move together elsewhere, and once guilds start moving the whole realm will be on a downward slope.

My point being? Please tell us when we can expect work on Kronos TBC to begin. No matter how far from a playable state it might be, we need to know. Don't make the same mistake like with AQ and Naxxramas. Allow the community to help - testing quests, mobs, combat mechanics, spells, dungeons, raids, everything that is required. Engage your community. Give people both something to do and something to look forward to.

"Announce Kronos TBC soon".
Well, we have already announced that it will be happening.

ETA?
When we have info, it will be shared. There are a lot of things that need to be sorted out before any info can be released.

There are a lot of things that need to be sorted out before any info can be released.
See you in 2022 then. If this reaction is what you want...

"Announce Kronos TBC" means give a real announcement, not something in the bottom of the page in late 2016, and then a couple of confirmations by a head GM.

From all five private vanilla servers I have played on over the last five or six years, Kronos was the most enjoyable and the one with the most stable administration and community and best scripting. However, what killed or at least made every private very unattractive, was the lack of devs. This lack of devs vs zillions of things to fix results in too slow release of new content and too slow fixing of crucial bugs. Since all you devs are only human and the day has only 24 hours, nobody is blaming you if you cannot deliver what is wanted soon enough. But I am 100% certain that you cannot release kronos TBC in flawless quality anytime soon, just because your Team is too small. Again, nobody is blaming you. Just look at how many people worked for retail vanilla at Blizzard. Imho the only solution to this problem, the lack of devs every private server has, is to make it open source or join the already open source project with your efforts. This way you would have more people work on more problems. All this "our server vs their server" mentality in the private server scene is understandable but does not lead to useful results in the long term.

Last edited:
still happily progressing over here

plus if i wanna play tbc im just gonna create a character on a tbc server. simple.

See you in 2022 then. If this reaction is what you want...

"Announce Kronos TBC" means give a real announcement, not something in the bottom of the page in late 2016, and then a couple of confirmations by a head GM.

I'm sorry if you are not happy with the answer. We are all volunteers, have 1 main dev with a few devs in training. If you want to click your fingers and have TBC ready to go in 1-2 months then feel free to join one of the current TBC servers currently available. We have a committed team but resources are limited and as such we have a lot to plan and fix before TBC gets launched. When we have more info on this, it will be announced. If that's not good enough for you, I'm sorry. We have a passion for this project and will do everything we can to ensure that Kronos TBC stands up to the overall high quality that Kronos has. Rather than focusing on negatives and making these kind of comments, try looking at the glass half full.

hmm weird... ppl come here for vanilla and than asking for tbc while there were tbc servers before they came to vanilla...

wut?

If you want to click your fingers and have TBC ready to go in 1-2 months then feel free to join one of the current TBC servers currently available. We have a committed team but resources are limited and as such we have a lot to plan and fix before TBC gets launched. When we have more info on this, it will be announced. If that's not good enough for you, I'm sorry.

No one is asking for TBC within 2 months, they just want some information surrounding the future of Kronos.

What this thread and the people in it are actually asking for is

1. Some formal announcement regarding the proposed transition and
2. The time-frames surrounding it, estimates would be fine.

I would imagine both these things would be items included in your next newspost, that legitimises the rumours surrounding TBC and sheds light on the future prospects of the Kronos project. Announcing the schedule for TBC asap would provide incentive not to get too distracted by other projects, reminding players that Kronos is here to stay.

I remember when Gurky went up a few ranks, one of his mandates was more community interaction surrounding the progression, state of the server, and it's aspirations - this is principally all the author of this thread is asking for. There is no malicious aspect to it, as if this thread was just another fresh grilling for the Kronos team. It is simply an honest suggestion not to lose sight of the future and to talk to the players.

Please maintain the course and keep the community involved and informed.

Last edited:
If you want to click your fingers and have TBC ready to go in 1-2 months then feel free to join one of the current TBC servers currently available.
Kronos could just take Ares core, maybe polish mechanics and 1-60 a little and launch Kronos TBC. From your answer I can guess it's not going to be the case. Would be nice to clearly state whether this very natural opportunity is going to be used or not. If not, I would even understand why. If yes, it would be cool.

Rather than focusing on negatives and making these kind of comments, try looking at the glass half full.
I will try, but that's me, I trust Kronos. I can assure you that for the majority, Kronos TBC is just loud words, and only your fans think that it may actually happen in a reasonable time.

Please tell us when we can expect work on Kronos TBC to begin
Highlighed so you can see that it's really not asking a lot.

Waste of time, I can already play TBC on Ares, starting out with lv 60, with 150% EXP as Alliance.

Edit: What I mean is that I won't have to deal with certain individuals starting out the tbc experience with 200k gold sitting there and destroying the early content with crafted BoP gear which is clearly overpowered all throughout of T5.

Last edited:
It's not about Vanguard, it's about more and more people being like
Waste of time, I can already play TBC on Ares, starting out with lv 60, with 150% EXP as Alliance.

And honestly, sometimes I think that this is what some may want. Wait until Kronos TBC is 99% irrelevant and then let the idea silently perish. It would be very disappointing to realize that Kronos TBC is cancelled in a year or two.

When Nost announced their TBC plans, I knew it was just a populism. When Kronos did, I considered it as some real plans, I thought that maybe some real cooperation with Ares is going on. And now we can't even get an answer on this.

Chero is only a human who can decide to do something else with his life any moment... So such global announcements are needed - even if only to let people know that you still care.

You are asking here for quick and decisive answer - Kronos TBC will be opened in fall 20xx, but it is too soon to want anything like this. Chero and his team had hands full of work on Naxx and I think he will in next few weeks. Then, twinstar is rather big organization on private server scene with dozens of members and decision when and how to make new server is not only thing of Kronos team. They must prepare some plan, than share it with the rest of Twinstar members, then agree on it and then they can release some news.

Btw, have you considered an option that while there are some rought plans for Kronos TBC, those plans will not be realized by current Kronos team? That maybe they will look for someone else to do that? And if it will be done by curent Kronos team, then they must have plans on giving Kronos to someone who will continue its support?

I personaly expect announcement around this christmas, that seems reasonable time to think about it, discuss it and come with some detailed plans.

You are asking here for quick and decisive answer - Kronos TBC will be opened in fall 20xx, but it is too soon to want anything like this. Chero and his team had hands full of work on Naxx and I think he will in next few weeks. Then, twinstar is rather big organization on private server scene with dozens of members and decision when and how to make new server is not only thing of Kronos team. They must prepare some plan, than share it with the rest of Twinstar members, then agree on it and then they can release some news.

Btw, have you considered an option that while there are some rought plans for Kronos TBC, those plans will not be realized by current Kronos team? That maybe they will look for someone else to do that? And if it will be done by curent Kronos team, then they must have plans on giving Kronos to someone who will continue its support?

I personaly expect announcement around this christmas, that seems reasonable time to think about it, discuss it and come with some detailed plans.

I totally agree. Also with all the hard work and time the kronos team put into this they deserve some time to rest, recharge and set new goals. Give them time. This is the least we can do to show our appreciation for what they gave us. Meaning countless ours of Entertainment for free.

You are asking here for quick and decisive answer - Kronos TBC will be opened in fall 20xx
No we don't. Whether it's within the next few years or not is what would be nice to have an idea about though.

Then, twinstar is rather big organization on private server scene with dozens of members and decision when and how to make new server is not only thing of Kronos team. They must prepare some plan, than share it with the rest of Twinstar members, then agree on it and then they can release some news.
This is a fair point. But it's just a matter of policy, and they already had almost a year to discuss the general plan. No one is asking to show the Kronos TBC prototype (unless it's Ares).

One considers all types of options, being as uninformed as we are.

Around this Christmas would be okayish I think. Sooner is better (because again, they only need to discuss things, can do it in one few-hours-long meeting IMO).

Sorry for flooding this thread quite aggressively, but it's so sad to see how Kronos admins again and again fail to
Allow the community to help
Engage your community
Give people both something to do and something to look forward to
and even simply

lol ffs.... I can't believe it.

Why are you discussing something that probably will never be.

Twinstar has Ares... /shoo Kronos is vanilla. period. end of story.

Want TBC... join another realm and then go cry to them about wotlk once progression is done.

People are such a scum... ffs...

Why are you discussing something that probably will never be.
High distrust on Kronos team detected. Obviously mini-announcements on the website and in this very thread mean nothing.

People who don't care will of course /shrug best case. Better listen to those who care, dear Kronos team. Like, we share your passions and your values. This thread is not to annoy you.

Last edited:
Edhris my man, the only thing people are asking for here is information; simply something to keep the people interested in the project once the novelty of Naxxramas fades. I think that earliest that they should consider launching the tbc transfers should be late spring 2018, and a more educated guess judging by the Kronos team development speed is somewhere late into 2018. But it would still be nice to have frequent updates on their progress, just to keep people on track.

If kronos becomes tbc where will I go for the VANILLA experience?
I'm pretty sure that Davros, or maybe it was some other gm, has already stated multiple times that even if they did transfer the current Kronos to TBC, they'd retain a copy of the vanilla Kronos for those who want to continue playing vanilla on their old characters. So no worry about that, although I'm fairly sure that the vanilla realm will lose a notable amount of population once Naxxramas has been cleared by the majority and the enthusiasm for it has died out.

Last edited:
Some announcements about future plans will be coming in the next 1-3 weeks. Now that Naxxramas is out, we have some time to discuss plans going forward. We're well aware that the community does not like being in limbo and truly working as quickly as we can to get everyone on the same page and make some internal decisions.

So, there will be 2 TBC servers and no vanilla one? The plan is to merge the 2 tbc servers (in a year or sooner) and restart a new vanilla server?

Is Kronos dying (or it is already dead) and you want to restart Kronos? Because the population of Ares is not that great and you planing to decrease it with Kronos TBC?

So, there will be 2 TBC servers and no vanilla one?
No, Vanilla stays, there will be a copy to Kronos TBC.

The plan is to merge the 2 tbc servers (in a year or sooner) and restart a new vanilla server?
Hopefully no merge will ever happen, it would kill 99% of the reason behind Kronos TBC (maybe only with those who have a Spectral Tiger, lol). They are two because they are two different projects with two different teams. I know it looks a bit silly, but this is how it is. They may cooperate in some aspects.

Because the population of Ares is not that great and you planing to decrease it with Kronos TBC?
At least the audiences shouldn't overlap too much, like with K1-K2. Ares is instant 60, which is great for TBC fans but unappealing for purists, Kronos TBC will be the other way around.

Is Kronos dying (or it is already dead) and you want to restart Kronos?
Very far from dead right now.

Some announcements about future plans will be coming in the next 1-3 weeks. Now that Naxxramas is out, we have some time to discuss plans going forward. We're well aware that the community does not like being in limbo and truly working as quickly as we can to get everyone on the same page and make some internal decisions.
Thanks Mr. Community Manager! Good to hear good news from you :)

Last edited:
make AV great again!

all the really cool stuff in av like riders, air support, ground forces and ivus/lokki arent working properly - or are only working for 1 faction.

Top Bottom