• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Are you mad?

Yuven

How do you all feel that the MangosProject core that's out now works pretty much flawless compared to anything else but has code limits so it starts shitting out over 2k players but works fine.

Maybe will it be easier to create Vanilla servers with good scripts but it will stay hard to promote, deliver a nice stability and DDOS/Hack defenses and then a reliable customer support as well as an affordable Cash Shop.

People capable of this are still a small handful. Are you mad ?

Maybe will it be easier to create Vanilla servers with good scripts but it will stay hard to promote, deliver a nice stability and DDOS/Hack defenses and then a reliable customer support as well as an affordable Cash Shop.

People capable of this are still a small handful. Are you mad ?

You do know that the MangosProject core that's out works pretty much perfect, and advertising it wouldn't be hard at all and it is stable beside code limits for players going past 2k, and DDOS wouldn't be a problem behind a VPN dedicated server let alone the open source anti-cheat that's out for the core. Are you mad ?

I didn't really understand what you're trying to say except of trolling, Yuven :(
Is it something like "such a small mistake as 2k limit ruins everything!!1"? Or "everyone can do a great Vanilla server log on to mine!!1"? Or "Mangos is great praise the great Mangos devs!!1"? Or..?

Afaik Kronos core is based on Mangos core.

I didn't really understand what you're trying to say except of trolling, Yuven :(
Is it something like "such a small mistake as 2k limit ruins everything!!1"? Or "everyone can do a great Vanilla server log on to mine!!1"? Or "Mangos is great praise the great Mangos devs!!1"? Or..?

Afaik Kronos core is based on Mangos core.

I meant as the Mangosproject that is out now has code limits which it isn't fixed to the WoW client Mangos is reversed coding toward the WoW client which it will bug out after so many players at a certain point, never said anything that 2k players will ruin anything.

To answer you - All vanilla servers are using Mangos Zero created by downgrading Mangos for WotLK by yehonay and vladimir few years ago. Since then, some project only taken this core and worked on it on their own while others are still contributing to official Mangos Zero SVN.
Core that Kronos is now using is a merge of Mangos Zero (base), some Trinity core features (mangos is missing or handles.. inproperly some things) and Cheros own work.

I am still confused at what response you are trying to get? I think its pretty great that anyone can openly use Mangos and host their own server, that should expand the private server community massively.

2k players is more than enough for any server. It's the perfect amount, maybe slightly too much.

It's fun to read some of their "bug reports" on the tracker of Zero. There was a guy who didn't know about glancing blows and reported it as bug that he's sometimes dealing less damage...

It's so flawless that Greater Arcane Elixir can apparently still overwrite Flask of Supreme Power.

Also most of the old bugs are still working as (not) intended, for example the westfall mobs throwing boxes:
qrchur.jpg

Yeah i can definitely see the progress... NOT :huh:

It's fun to read some of their "bug reports" on the tracker of Zero. There was a guy who didn't know about glancing blows and reported it as bug that he's sometimes dealing less damage...

It's so flawless that Greater Arcane Elixir can apparently still overwrite Flask of Supreme Power.

Also most of the old bugs are still working as (not) intended, for example the westfall mobs throwing boxes:
qrchur.jpg

Yeah i can definitely see the progress... NOT :huh:
Where is your mangos now Yuven?

That sentence made absolutely no sense : )

Makes no sense ? Like I said it's not like I watched him compile a MangosProject core start it up and then run his priest there. There are these things called 'Repacks' that you can just download and start up so to me the sentence made perfect sense.

Well he talks the same way ingame too, we already talked before he posted this topic so I'm not surprised :smile:

Also I did not download or compile anything, there's no need. I just opened MangosZero bugtracker, scrolled down to reported issues and opened several issues marked as "Confirmed" by the devs. The pic is from there aswell. What better confirmation than confirmation from the devs, right?

MangosZero has no dedicated server. It's good they have a new webpage (yet again) and started working on stuff a little and I'm certainly glad some people did the hard work of building the framework. But that doesn't change the fact that their code still sux balls in terms of gameplay mechanics functionality and all the details most players really want and appreciate. Basically any other dedicated realm offers more functionality than your most up-to-date revision of MangosZero.

But I guess we're quite offtopic here, since the name of this topic is "Are you mad?" the proper responses should have been "yes" :tongue:

Well he talks the same way ingame too, we already talked before he posted this topic so I'm not surprised :smile:

Also I did not download or compile anything, there's no need. I just opened MangosZero bugtracker, scrolled down to reported issues and opened several issues marked as "Confirmed" by the devs. The pic is from there aswell. What better confirmation than confirmation from the devs, right?

MangosZero has no dedicated server. It's good they have a new webpage (yet again) and started working on stuff a little and I'm certainly glad some people did the hard work of building the framework. But that doesn't change the fact that their code still sux balls in terms of gameplay mechanics functionality and all the details most players really want and appreciate. Basically any other dedicated realm offers more functionality than your most up-to-date revision of MangosZero.

But I guess we're quite offtopic here, since the name of this topic is "Are you mad?" the proper responses should have been "yes" :tongue:

I don't talk this way in game, lies. :lol:

Top Bottom