• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Assorted PvP-related suggestions aka sachi's pvp wishlist

Not rly sure whats up with this random video clip reply as I was talking about flagroom def in the first place, but yea if you use none of the available counterplays in vanilla and do 1k damage to yourself with max rank hellfire then you're obviously gonna die.

If you wanna see non-SL lock vs. warr in vanilla i'd look at these two vids instead of that one.
https://youtu.be/B1PlNOoz1qs?t=4m30s
https://youtu.be/boP-NdvY9os?t=4m4s

you ever getting tired of riding your ingame friends dicks?

Weird how the two biggest nay sayers are a questionable warlock and a r14 Pom pyro mage who has likely never specced anything else ))))
weird how the guys agreeing are a bunch of circle jerk feenix players. wowe

Engineering gives you an edge in PvP. Why would you want to keep furthering this edge? Just cause you are used to it from other realms?
If you never played the bugged feenix version we probably wouldn't even have this discussion...

weird how the guys agreeing are a bunch of circle jerk feenix players. wowe

Engineering gives you an edge in PvP. Why would you want to keep furthering this edge? Just cause you are used to it from other realms?
If you never played the bugged feenix version we probably wouldn't even have this discussion...

1. some of us never played feenix man

2. The change would make vanilla pvp (which is fairly boring and simple without engi etc items) more interesting/fun/complex/raise skill cap, whatever adjective you wanna use.

3. Lharts is my friend dont pick on him

Buffing engineering would be very stupid; it's fine how it is.

If you can't find utility/advantage with the current engineering recipes then you shouldn't be PVPing in the first place.

All melee should get 100+ base resistance to all spell classes. Might would balance out all this crazy spell damage.

I don't really see how you can call it a buff to engineering when engineering is such commonplace. You're not changing something exclusive but something everyone has access to. And I'm not sure if you could even call it a "buff". It is true that anticipating is harder than reacting so in that sense it would become "easier" on the engineer's end, but what about the caster's end? I don't see this change as a buff but more like a shift in the dynamic between engineer and caster. You balance out the skill aspect and the risk / reward aspect on both ends. Casting pompyro or death coil (which are the 2 projectiles we think of first that would get affected the most by this) is currently very low risk, but very high reward since a) as we have said, reacting is easier than predicting and it is up to the caster to react to the engineer popping the trinket and b) the burden of proper ability usage lies entirely with the engineer (and with a very small margin of error at that). By changing it you balance out the skill aspect and the risk / reward aspect on both ends. And with increasing caster damage it's in my opinion entirely warranted that the caster has some minimal responsibility too with how he uses his spells.

Also one suggestion i forgot to make when I made this thread was to move the blacksmith flag in Arathi Basin so that it equalizes the rush distance for both factions.

PS it would be really nice if I or we (the pvp-community) could get some developer feedback on this thread. Like, just anything so I know I didn't waste my time writing all this ). It can be "it's nice but we don't have time" or "it's shit because it's not blizzlike" or "we're considering this and that but not this or that for this and that reason".

Reactions: dms
Brace yourself, QQ about OP engineering and non-blizzlike incoming again.

i guess
was just trying to clarify my argument to maybe convince naysayers and staff, dunno if it worked
while bamping thred too

Last edited:
I do get your point sachi and its cool that you also seem to understand mine.
why is that even a problem for you that there are spells that have a huge impact with little to no failure rate? I mean, every stun is pretty much exactly like this.

why is that even a problem for you that there are spells that have a huge impact with little to no failure rate? I mean, every stun is pretty much exactly like this.
With naxxgear wlocks and mages will kill you in a gcd , fun))))))

stuns have DR, can be trinketed and the damage still needs to be applied during the stun, it also doesn't have 45 yard range

also keep in mind that reflector cd is longer than dc and pom

somehow I knew you'd try to nitpick again about my example.
then take scatter shot or hamstring. low cost, low risk, high reward. thats just how it is. there are spells that take about zero skill to use. I don't see where this is a problem

There's probably a reason most stuns don't deal very much damage, and you have to combo other abilities into them in order to deal the damage? Hamstring also requires you to be within melee range of your target.

Either way, you're completely distracting from his original point of balancing the play in between the engineer and the Al'Akir HWL, obviously there are a lot of abilities in vanilla that have very little risk when there's a grand total of 5 interrupts in the game and a pretty limited amount of cooldowns to play with. So using base abilities is generally very rewarding, which is probably one of the main reasons people still bother to pvp in this archaic version of the game. However, adding a slight risk every 5 minutes to a few of these abilities doesn't really break the game.

Certain non-blizzlike things are already found and accepted as an improvement on Kronos, why couldn't this be one of them as well? Why are you so much against it?

it's not really nitpicking because it can be extrapolated to any other example. the idea is that there are reasonable ways to respond and give an answer to any of those. but there isn't to a 45 yard 4k instant nuke. personally i have less issue with dc. vanilla will always have its bullshit and zero skill spells but that doesn't mean that we can't or shouldn't - within the framework of vanilla, and without rebalancing or completely changing the game - try to minimize the bullshit. that said this change isn't just about those 2 spells, there will be plenty of other damage projectiles flying around and in a game where damage scales much better than survivability, giving players another tool to work with isn't unreasonable in my opinion.

i didn't play on feenix and i've been trying to argument this as objectively as i can, it feels like it would open up more play potential and really it just also looks more
fun

I find it quit difficult to answer against stunlocks and 3k cb evis :whistling:

there are plenty of spells in the same ballpark. 4k instant chain lighnings, 3k cb evis, wf insta gibs blah blah.
you can ward of against pom burst just fine without having op reflectors. shield yourself, dispel ignite, dmg cut in half.

its a circle jerk at this point. your argument is that it is more 'fun'.

Brace yourself, QQ about OP engineering and non-blizzlike incoming again.
it's QQ when it's about engineering being op and not blizzlike, but it's not QQ when sharktoothed nerds want their trinkies buffed so they can feel good about themselves eh?

Top Bottom