• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid Balance Druid any useful ?

nenemae

Authorized
What do you think about balance druid. Is it worth playing him ? Can he make decent dps ? Or is he sentenced only as a support class, and in raid you will be replaced by truly damagers. He also has no hit benefit in talents,and therefore you have to grinding hit gear. I am just curious on small played chars on Vanilla as a really challenge for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: [Poll] Which faction will you choose?

Prepare to be laughed at. The dps sucks especially if you don't use mana pots, and the best thing about you is the crit aura.

That being said, after nearly 10 years of vanilla WoW I'd love to see people play unconventional speccs.

Last edited:
Re: [Poll] Which faction will you choose?

well i can only say it as i remember it but, balance druid's or boomkin as they are commonly called are a great addition especially when it's a 40 man raid, their aura is among the best for a raid with majority being caster's. their burst can be quite lethal but in overall dps they fall behind unless you consider the bonus dps they grant to the raid through the aura, but fact is that they are incredibly rare.

On the last Kronos, we had a dedicated Moonkin player in the guild and because of the fact that he put more effort into his character than many other players, he actually did pretty well in the damage meters. But under neutral circumstances a balance druid can not compete with pure dps classes like Mages, Warlocks, Warriors or Rogues.

As Kruto says, if you want to do at least "decent" as a Moonkin, you have to be packed with loads of mana potions, demonic runes at best as well, mageblood potions and all stuff that increases your spelldmg because else, you're gonna find yourself in the bottom quarter of the damagemeters.

The fact that your +3 % spellcrit aura only applies to your group instead of the whole raid, doesnt bring much benefit to the raid dps. Another dedicated player playing Mage or Warlock probably adds up more to the raid dps than what the moonkin aura brings you.

Anyway, finding a guild that accepts one balance druid shouldnt be too hard. All raid content of vanilla wow can easily be defeated while having a balance druid in the raid, there is no real need to min-max things.

Imo before raiding AQ40 it's useles.. When Mages start raiding as fire, a 4x fire / 1x balance is awesome.. But not so much dmg another mage wouldn't do on his own.

Imo before raiding AQ40 it's useles.. When Mages start raiding as fire, a 4x fire / 1x balance is awesome.. But not so much dmg another mage wouldn't do on his own.
God forbid doing mc in 124 minutes instead of 120 minutes.

3% crit for all PARTY (not raid) member won't ever make up for a proper dps. Rather take 5 locks or 5 mages then
4/boomkin.

[video=youtube;VE2qZx7KcEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2qZx7KcEo[/video]

Top Bottom