• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Best class to play with lag

Ornthuin

Hi, so I've been playing retail up until two days ago, where i discovered i could no longer run wow at a playable level anymore, due to upped graphics reqs for legion, anyway i had heard this server was so supposed to be really high quality. The only problem is i have absolutely no idea about how classes play in vanilla as i only started playing wow during mists.To make matters worse i live in Australia so my ping on an eu realm would be crazy high, as such melee classes are out of the question, i'm pretty comfortable playing casters as i mained an ele shaman on live, but as i stated before i don't know a lot about vanilla so any suggestions as to what plays best with high ping would be really helpful.

Ele shammy is a pretty good choice, just remember you'll be asked to heal in raids and dungeons (which shouldn't be the huge issue since you're wearing caster's gear anyway). And you'll need a lot of water while leveling. But you'll be able to kill some Allies even with delay.

A priest would be the easiest if you lag really hard. SW:p -> wand, and wand is not affected by lag. They're quite difficult to kill in PvP as well.

I think a pet class so either hunter or warlock. Even if you lag and can't do anything your pet has aggro and probably will kill the mob by itself should the lag last longer. Hunter pets are pretty strong on their own against normal mobs and as warlock the dots you hopefully were able to apply will aid the pet killing the mob as well.
Playing any melee class with constant lag is really tedious though, so I'd definitely would not roll warrior or rogue.

Edit: As Nimeralos said, priests are pretty easy as well. Wands deal some damage especially on lower levels with Wand Specialization. So if you were able to cast Shadoword: Pain and Renew you don't have to do anything more but to use your wand.

Last edited:
For raiding with high ping, a fury warrior isn't bad. Over half your damage is auto attacks, so while you lag, the autos will eventually all catch up and give you a lot of rage to rage dump.

Casters, as long as you use macros with "stop casting" it should help a lot. And snowfall add-on so abilities happen on button press down, rather than on release. Should increase your damage with high ping by 10-12%.

Top Bottom