• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Best Race + Class Combinations

Rerun

So what do you think are some of the best race+class combinations?
I mean in terms of effectiveness not nessecarily cosmetics.
If you're into PvP state it in terms of that, PvE the same.
Feel free to give me a whole list!

I'll start with one:
Dwarf Priest

PvP:
Dwarf Priest (holy, disc), Undead (shadow)
Gnome/Orc Warrior
Human,Undead,Gnome, Dwarf rogue
Nightelf Hunter (all races are good, but for PvP I would go nelf)
Gnome Warlock
Tauren Druid
Gnome Mage
Orc Shaman
Dwarf Paladin

PvE:
Dwarf Priest
Gnome/Troll Mage
Troll Shaman
Human Rogue
Human/Orc Warrior
Dwarf Paladin
Nightelf Druid (1% dodge...)
Gnome Warlock
Troll Hunter

PvP:
9/5 for alliance

PvE:
7/4 for alliance

EDIT: Dorf rogus

Last edited:
The above list is pretty solid, but I'll have to add that for Horde side and PvE, Tauren Warrior is second to none. That 5% bonus health is a final adjustment to TOTAL health of the character in pre Burning Crusade. Alliance complained bitterly about it too while conveniently forgetting how insane Blessing of Kings was for their side.

Humans for alliance side is going to be exceptionally strong for PvP due to the fact that Perception will be working correctly for them, as per the video.

PvP:
Human,Undead,Gnome rogue

dwarf rogue is real og, very good!

smaller size for ninja caps in AB/AV, stoneform handy anti war / druid / rogue btn which can remove blind while you're blinded in vanilla - super handy in rog on rog

finally best beards of all races

Dwarf warrior is also the best anti rogue class. It all depends on situations. Generally I would still go Gnome or Human over Dwarf as rogue. You are right though, gonna edit.
Perception is killer in enemy flag room and Escape Artist is just off the charts with its 1 min CD.

@Skosh, I only put in classes for DPS or healing. As tank Tauren are of course the best. On alliance the choice is a bit harder.
For tanking:
H: Tauren
A: Human, Nightelf. Dwarf

Human -> 5+ swords is extra hit and crit
Nightelf -> 1% dodge
Dwarf -> Stone Form

Take what ever you prefer. I would go human cause you can also switch to beein DPS at any time.

Last edited:
Given how stuns tend to kill most players (on top of being a great way to call focus targets) I don't get why Orc is not on top of everything it can be.

Orc warlock looks better vs. its nemesis (rogues) than gnomes imo.
Same for rogue when escaping the rape train by resisting a HoJ can be most handy. Berserking + AR + SnD + Blade flurry also look quite good PvE wise...

This is rather speculative on my part as I've only played orc war and hunt extensively so is there something I'm missing?

The list that Lharts posted is pretty good, though I would disagree with Gnome Warlocks for PvP or rather Alliance Warlocks for PvP in general, with Warriors being the most popular class on both sides and Undead casters and Rogues being very popular, good luck ccing anything in PvP.

Honestly, most of the classes that can be played by Orcs and Undeads would probably be a top combination (except Undead Warriors I think) in PvP, just because of how overpowered Hardiness and Will of the Forsaken are.

EA is just too powerful. Beeing able to remove slow or root CCs is better then increased chance to resist stuns.
Rogues are only your nemesis until you have better gear. After that they are not much of a problem unless they blow alot of CDs in your face, in which case they are nemesis to pretty much anyone.

There is no best combo, there are always ups and downs to a certain combo.
I don't want to be another undead rogue. I want my race/class combo to be rare but still good combo....

So I'm really torn on what to play...

5% mana for gnomes and 5% health for taurens, do they scale with gear?

Last edited:
Someone mentioned, that the tauren health thingy scales with gear, but its still not as good as BOK.

Gnome 5% more int
Tauren 5% more HEALTH (not stamina)

Both scale with gear. Tauren racial also scales with buffs llike Flask of titems while Gnome racial does not with Falsk of Wisdom.

The above list is pretty solid, but I'll have to add that for Horde side and PvE, Tauren Warrior is second to none. That 5% bonus health is a final adjustment to TOTAL health of the character in pre Burning Crusade. Alliance complained bitterly about it too while conveniently forgetting how insane Blessing of Kings was for their side.

Humans for alliance side is going to be exceptionally strong for PvP due to the fact that Perception will be working correctly for them, as per the video.

I was amazed no one had pointed out the Tauren Warrior and I'm really glad you did haha. If I play warrior it's definitely gonna be a Tauren :)

Orc warrior definitely needs to at the top for PVP. That 25% stun resist + 15% stun resist from talents would beat any rogue. Add two healers and he can take a group of 10.

After that; in order of my opinion. (more PVP)

Basically, for PVP, it was anyone that was not a hybrid class. Hybrids could be good at everything, but great in nothing.

For PVE, I believe Rogue's in BWL gear topped the DPS meters if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
pvp:
WArrior - orc
Rogue - undead
warlock - undead
mage - undead
priest - undead
shaman - orc
druid -tauren
hunter - doesnt matter

pve:
warrior: human
rogue: human
warlock: gnome
mage: gnome
priest: human
shaman: doesnt matter
druid: doesnt matter
hunter: troll

PVP

Druid - Either: Both the increased health and warstomp and the bonus dodge / higher stealth level are quite desirable for a PvP druid.

Hunter - Orc: Though warstomp and increased health are also a very strong suit I'd give this one to Orcs with their increased pet damage and stun resist.

Mage - Human: While WotF is good for a mage, it counters two classes that mages really shouldn't tangle with in the first place, I'd take perception and increased mana regen over it, gnomes could also be a contender with escape artist, but I'd still rather have perception, not allowing rogues to get the drop on you makes a world of difference for a mage.

Paladin - Human: Increased spirit, perception and sword/mace skill beats anything a dwarf brings to the table here.

Priest - Forsaken/Dwarf: Dwarves have the edge on healing priests and Forsaken on Shadow Priests, but both races are very strong in both areas mostly because of fear removal which is REALLY strong on a priest.

Rogue - Dwarf: I find WotF to be massively overrated on rogues, it only helps you counter 2 classes (warlock and priest) and will rarely change the outcome of a fight with either anyway, the bleed removal into vanish gives dwarf rogues a strong fighting chance against warriors which is in my opinion waaay better than fear removal, orc and human are both close contenders here because of stun resist and perception.

Shaman - Tauren/Orc: I find warstomp to be a really strong suit for any kind of shaman, though orcs with their stun resist is also a close contender... I guess I'd prefer Tauren for Resto and Elementalism and Orcs for Enhancement (because of the increased axe skill).

Warlock - Forsaken/Orc: Both the stun resist and fear removal are VERY strong suits for a warlock, I guess I'd take orc because of the increased pet damage, but I wouldn't rate one over the other here.

Warrior - Tauren: While warstomp is hard to use properly on a warrior the increased health just fits the role of a pvp warrior so good, gnomes are also a strong suit, but Escape Artist won't win you battlegrounds, only duels and to me that doesn't matter the least.

PVE

Druid - Either: Neither tauren nor night elf racials does much for a PvE druid unless it's a rare bear tank, in that case I'd give tauren the edge.

Hunter - Troll: Berserking AND bow skill, an obvious choice.

Mage - Troll: Berserking is the only truly valuable racial for a PvE mage, increased mana pool and spirit is nice, but mages don't really have that big of a mana issue.

Paladin - Human: I guess diplomacy beats stoneform...

Priest - Dwarf: Fear ward, nothing to discuss here.

Rogue - Human or Troll: For sword rogues, human with their increased weapon skill is an obvious fit, for dagger it'll be the troll berserking once again.

Shaman - Troll: Berserking once again, though it does little for resto shamans neither does tauren or orc racials.

Warlock - Orc: None of the racials available for warlocks does much for them, so the increased pet damage is better than nothing.

Warrior - Tauren/Human: Both of these have very strong racials for warriors, Tauren are better for tanking, humans are better for dps, but sword/mace skill should not be overlooked for a tank either.

you, and some other buff collectors prolly ? no idea...1 fear resist can save you against priest, not against warlock. AT all Im not saying its a bad. In Arena fights i will roll for dwarf too, but theres nothing like arena. Just Open world pvp and BGs, wheres Being imunne to fear is more handy than just resist one ( that needs to have priest dwarf, dwarf in party, dwarf in range, and buff casting dwarf). It this case undead >dwarf priest. Deal with it.

you, and some other buff collectors prolly ? no idea...1 fear resist can save you against priest, not against warlock. AT all Im not saying its a bad. In Arena fights i will roll for dwarf too, but theres nothing like arena. Just Open world pvp and BGs, wheres Being imunne to fear is more handy than just resist one ( that needs to have priest dwarf, dwarf in party, dwarf in range, and buff casting dwarf). It this case undead >dwarf priest. Deal with it.

Undeads can be nice in PvP and of course especially if shadow. But why would you want Human for PvE over dwarf? Fear Ward makes so many fights easier, and while the 5% Spirit is nice for a priest it's nowhere near as beneficial for the raid.

PVE

Warlock - Orc: None of the racials available for warlocks does much for them, so the increased pet damage is better than nothing.

Warrior - Tauren/Human: Both of these have very strong racials for warriors, Tauren are better for tanking, humans are better for dps, but sword/mace skill should not be overlooked for a tank either.

5% intellect is far better than slight pet damage, especially since your pet wont be hitting the boss 99% of the time.

Orcs have axe skill, making them good dpsers as well.

5% intellect is far better than slight pet damage, especially since your pet wont be hitting the boss 99% of the time.

Orcs have axe skill, making them good dpsers as well.

True, I thought Expansive Mind was +5% max mana (which is kinda useless), but I agree +5% intellect is pretty good.

And yeah orcs do have axe skill, though that's only really benefitting fury warriors (as arms you still want a sword, axe skill or not), on that note I'd say trolls are much better dps warriors than orcs, again berserking.

Undeads can be nice in PvP and of course especially if shadow. But why would you want Human for PvE over dwarf? Fear Ward makes so many fights easier, and while the 5% Spirit is nice for a priest it's nowhere near as beneficial for the raid.

exactly cause of this spirit racial. Raids are designed to be do-able without this racial. Ofc, horde have tremors and undeads, but summary if we talkign about aliance,you dont need all priests do be dwarfs. I feel the diference between "being usefull" and "the best i can". You may not agree, but still 5% spirit beats all other racials on PVE.
For me, its like being gnome/dwarf warrior over human in pve. USefull racials, but still human is far the best.

Top Bottom