• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman Best rave for Ele Shaman?

Rockmaster

Authorized
Best race for Ele Shaman?

Hey guys!
On my epic quest in finding the right class to play I recently considered a shaman.
Resto for raiding and ele for pvp.
What do you guys think is the best race for ele pvp and why?

In this matter I have two questions:
1) Tauren: are able to get a full lesser healing off in the duration of a warstomp?
2) Troll: does berserking trigger a global cd when used?

Last edited:
Orc to have a chance at escaping a stunlock I'd say. Considering Shamans hardcast everything apart from a NS spell every 3 minute resisting a stun or 2 could be big.

Orc stun resist is broken but then, Tauren warstomp will give u 1 (kinda) reliable cast with no rupt, being able to burst quite a bit harder.

I would imagine berserking being the best, due to lack of haste and all of the shaman spells having long casting times. Especially at lower hp 20-30% increase is huge

Re: Best race for Ele Shaman?

Orc is the best race for a pvp Ele shaman, there's absolutely no debate about it. Hardiness is just too powerful, and makes the difference vs. Warrs, Rogues, Spriests and any engineer.

1) Tauren: are able to get a full lesser healing off in the duration of a warstomp?

Usually no.

I would imagine berserking being the best, due to lack of haste and all of the shaman spells having long casting times. Especially at lower hp 20-30% increase is huge

Chain Lightning (talented) is one of the fastest spells in the game and does a hell of a lot of damage for having such a low cast time. In fact, CL receives no benefit from spell haste because it already casts as fast as the global cooldown (1.5s). Lightning Bolt only has a 2s cast as well. It's pretty worthless for ele honestly.

Last edited:
Orc is the best race for a pvp Ele shaman, there's absolutely no debate about it. Hardiness is just too powerful, and makes the difference vs. Warrs, Rogues, Spriests and any engineer.

Did not think about engineers! Thanks for the hint.

And btw. nothing is better then loosing a fight very closely, ankh -> kill enemy -> can't touch this dance :D

Re: Best race for Ele Shaman?

Lightning Bolt only has a 2.5s cast as well, just as fast as Frostbolt and Shadow Bolt. It's pretty worthless for ele honestly.

Yes but mage and warlock actually have CC so they can get a few casts off. I played ele on TBC so far and this was the biggest issue. Relying mostly on instants when melees and hunters sit on you, I imagine its the same here

Last edited:
Spec into Eye of the Storm. It sucks that Elemental has no innate pushback through talenting but that talent really makes the difference and you'll be able to get casts off against melee/hunters.

Shocks also deal quite a lot of damage on their own, so it's not terrible.

Spec into Eye of the Storm. It sucks that Elemental has no innate pushback through talenting but that talent really makes the difference and you'll be able to get casts off against melee/hunters.

Shocks also deal quite a lot of damage on their own, so it's not terrible.

Do you have any specific talent recommendations for ele pvp?
Maybe a link?

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_7_825030135030215s5033301c50100

This is the pvp build I use. A lot of the talents are flexible, but the goal is to drop into Nature's Swiftness in Resto and Lightning Mastery in Elemental.

Elemental Mastery is such a crappy talent, and is essentially useless in WSG, where you'll probably spend a majority of your pvp time in. In comparison, NS is an amazing talent that can be used both offensively (to get a finishing LB off against a fast EFC like druids) and defensively (instant R10 HW on yourself or the FC) and has made the difference between winning and losing a 2/3-2/3 WSG game for me many times. Spec it, use it, love it.

For Elemental: Most people talent into Earth's Grasp, but I find it a waste of two talent points as it only extends Earthbind Totem from 10 to 12 yards. It's up to you whether you want it or not. You'll drop points in Elemental Warding for it. You can drop a point from Concussion and a point from Elemental Warding for Convection if your mana pool is small, but you shouldn't go past 4/5 for the talent. Elemental Focus is better anyway, and you should use procs on shocks or CL.

For Resto talents, you're going to be spending a lot of time casting LHW on yourself and your teammates/FC, so Tidal Focus and Ancestral Healing are great talents to improve it. Nature's Guidance really depends on your spell hit from gear. 3% is the PvP spell hit cap for equal level players, so if you have any spell hit on gear, you need to take points out of this talent. Otherwise, it will keep you from ever having to equip a piece of spell hit gear if the spell hit pieces you have are worse than your current setup. There's minor debate on Totemic Mastery, but since you're going to have WF totem down all the time around melee, I find it useful. It means less totem dropping for me. Finally, Tidal Mastery vs. Healing Focus. You should never spec fully into Healing Focus, but some players like to drop 3/5 in it and put 2/5 into Tidal Mastery. I don't find it as useful because if you're healing and you're focused, there's a high chance you're going to be crit and EotS will proc, making Healing Focus completely useless for the duration.

TL;DR, Spec around these non-negotiable talents:
  • Nature's Swiftness
  • Call of Thunder
  • Elemental Focus
  • Eye of the Storm
  • Elemental Fury
  • Storm Reach
  • Lightning Mastery

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_7_825030135030215s5033301c50100

This is the pvp build I use. A lot of the talents are flexible, but the goal is to drop into Nature's Swiftness in Resto and Lightning Mastery in Elemental.

Elemental Mastery is such a crappy talent, and is essentially useless in WSG, where you'll probably spend a majority of your pvp time in. In comparison, NS is an amazing talent that can be used both offensively (to get a finishing LB off against a fast EFC like druids) and defensively (instant R10 HW on yourself or the FC) and has made the difference between winning and losing a 2/3-2/3 WSG game for me many times. Spec it, use it, love it.

For Elemental: Most people talent into Earth's Grasp, but I find it a waste of two talent points as it only extends Earthbind Totem from 10 to 12 yards. It's up to you whether you want it or not. You'll drop points in Elemental Warding for it. You can drop a point from Concussion and a point from Elemental Warding for Convection if your mana pool is small, but you shouldn't go past 4/5 for the talent. Elemental Focus is better anyway, and you should use procs on shocks or CL.

For Resto talents, you're going to be spending a lot of time casting LHW on yourself and your teammates/FC, so Tidal Focus and Ancestral Healing are great talents to improve it. Nature's Guidance really depends on your spell hit from gear. 3% is the PvP spell hit cap for equal level players, so if you have any spell hit on gear, you need to take points out of this talent. Otherwise, it will keep you from ever having to equip a piece of spell hit gear if the spell hit pieces you have are worse than your current setup. There's minor debate on Totemic Mastery, but since you're going to have WF totem down all the time around melee, I find it useful. It means less totem dropping for me. Finally, Tidal Mastery vs. Healing Focus. You should never spec fully into Healing Focus, but some players like to drop 3/5 in it and put 2/5 into Tidal Mastery. I don't find it as useful because if you're healing and you're focused, there's a high chance you're going to be crit and EotS will proc, making Healing Focus completely useless for the duration.

TL;DR, Spec around these non-negotiable talents:
  • Nature's Swiftness
  • Call of Thunder
  • Elemental Focus
  • Eye of the Storm
  • Elemental Fury
  • Storm Reach
  • Lightning Mastery

Thanks alot for all that info! Did no expect that much detail but i can surely use it :)

Top Bottom