• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Black Lotus and You!

How would you prefer Black Lotus to spawn?

• BlizzLike, even though the mafia and gold sellers took full control of them.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • I enjoy the way Kronos currently has the Lotus spawning.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I feel that Labathor's suggestion is a good one.

Votes: 44 49.4%
  • Other, I have a better idea. (Please comment )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Labathor

Authorized
I'll be honest and flat out say I haven't bothered farming Black Lotus since the change until last night, it is for sure extremely not enjoyable at all how it works now.... At least before the change there was chances of W-Pvp, now people just run right past each other when searching. I wont lie, yes it was a good change to tackle the Mafia and gold sellers at the time with out affecting the rareness of the herb but lets be honest. Would you enjoy being able to use a flask on weekly raids and pvp without it costing you an arm and leg?

I've brought this thought up during the hype of having the way Lotus spawn changed but I don't think it was noticed or much thought was put into it. That being said, when I decided to help a guildie farm Lotuses the other evening this thought came right back to me right away.

Rather than having the Lotus spawn every hour anywhere in a zone(that lotus would normally spawn) like they currently do, have them be a low drop chance off Level 275+ herbs such as Arcane Crystal's have a 3% chance of dropping from Rich Thorium Veins. Even adjust the Drop% lower than 3% to still keep them rare since there's more herbs than Rich Thorium Veins in the world, but not impossible to acquire.

Everyone and their dogs know there is no need to use flask for raids, but would you enjoy being able to flask without is costing an arm and leg or be able to self farm your own lotus weekly?

Everyone and their dogs know there is no need to wear warlord/marshal gear in PVP, but would you enjoy being able to buy in for gold without costing an arm and leg or be able to self farm your own rating weekly?

I agree with you that the current change is a step in the right direction. I would not be opposed to having them be a rare chance from a high level herb such as dreamfoil or mountain silversage.

Side-note: I thoroughly enjoyed getting destroyed last night on an alt by a full t2.5 warrior over a firebloom :lol:

Last edited:
Sure, it did effect the overall count of total Black Lotus that are on the server.

If the respawn rate remains the 1 hour it was before, tack on another maybe 10-15 minutes for there to be added before someone finds it given bad luck overall. This means that over the span of a day that's 4 or so hours that a lotus goes untouched.

It's the same people going for the lotus as before, however less people are bothering because instead of logging in at a node you now must manually check every corner of the map. Reducing the chance for a run-in at the same 10-ish hotspots it used to be.

If you want to yield the benefits of a flask, you need to put in the work. Whether that's paying your arm/leg or guild banks money, or spending your time getting it yourself or as a group.

Note: This is from the POV of Kronos 1. I am not sure how the lotus situation looks on K2, however I assume there are the same faces that try to cover all grounds night and day.

Last edited:
Lol it's different people than before getting lotus. In my guild alone we have 3 people getting BL that never did before the change.

The only people that suffered from the lotus changes were the Chinese and anyone else who had an alt camped out at all of the lotus spawns in every zone. I feel zero sympathy for those few individuals who no longer have control over the BL market.

The only people that suffered from the lotus changes were the Chinese and anyone else who had an alt camped out at all of the lotus spawns in every zone. I feel zero sympathy for those few individuals who no longer have control over the BL market.

This^

And the point of the change was to let everyone have a chance to get a lotus, at least one in their life, other than just chinese farmers or any nolifer-tryhard-permastoned nerd with 20 accounts to camp them 24/7.

Would you enjoy being able to use a flask on weekly raids and pvp without it costing you an arm and leg?

Wow! What a butt hurt post. Condensing your OP to this one sentence shows what it is all about: You want to be able to pop flask whenever you want without having to farm hard for it.
Listen, I'm going to explain it to you once. Black Lotus is meant to be rare, the flasks made from it are meant to be very strong and therefore it is meant to be expensive.
Furthermore, I constantly see posts about how dead the server is now and how much the population dropped. Shouldn't less ppl per lotus affect the lotus prices in a positive way?

I don't know where all those who make claims for EZ lotus have forgotten their brains, but if you want EZ lotus, play TBC.

Butt hurt? Brah it seems like your the one who's suffering...

Taking your stupidity level into consideration I'll break it down and maybe you understand, so you should listen up.

1. My main is a hunter, no flask benifits hunters.
2. I have all flask recipes.
3. I have a large enough stock pile of all flasks premade sitting on a bankalt for easy extange for raw mats if someone needs one crafted.
3.5. I also have a pile of raw lotus.
4. Gold is not an issue in 1.12.1, I don't personally know about other expansions but to my knowledge gold was never an issue in this game, so yes I already could easily pop a flask when ever I do feel like it, even supreme(if it would even affect arcane shot?).

Since you likewize didnt didn't bother to read the whole post, if you did, you would have notice that I haven't bother farming lotus since the change. I didn't state why, and if you want an answer then sure, it's because I don't need to. I have heard from people ingame about the annoyance of having to check every nook and cranny when searching since the change.

The change was made to counter the issue at the given time, if anything it was more of a "quick fix" with little to no future feedback. Now with no one controlling the lotus market, prices hasn't changed and lotus have become slightly more rare as Bawa pointed out. Furthermore, I never claimed lotus should should be ez just a change in mechanics... Guess you would have to use your brain in order to figure that out, but I'm not surprised since you quoted a yes or no question and still failed to answer it.

For the record, before the change I was never one who used multiple alts to better my advantage, yes I've level one toon during the x7 (a Mage because I've never played one prior to) then waited till the event was over before levelling up my 3rd toon.

None the less thanks for your input, next time try to be a little more constructive.

Hey Laba, thanks for helping me out that night but - leave my lotuses alone!

What someone earlier mentioned, they are supposed to be rare, and just like people are targetting farming single herb (lets say dreamfoil, plaguebloom), same way they are targetting BL. (I mean it costs almost the same as stack of plaguebloom or mushrooms)

Current way is really great, I admire people who had the patience before to camp the spots and everything but x7 gave people advantage and although it got rid of chinese & co. it still wasn't fair. Now basically anyone can get a lotus, but also with a limit of probably not being able to keep the timer for more than few hours, since whenever more than 2-3 people are looking in a zone you are screwed even if you have a timer. (Speaking from experience since I actually looted like 7-8 lotuses over 3-4 evenings but never been able to keep timer for long).

So I'd like to update this topic, since the merge and Naxx are currently on the horizon.

We all understand and can agree why the change was made, and it was something that had to be dealt with one way or another.

Now that being said, I only have one toon who is a herbalist, so I was never one to abuse the blizzlike spawns yet still never had any issues gathering ~5 lotus a week. Since the change I indeed haven't bothered spending much time attempting to hunt lotus until roughly a month ago. Since then I've spent upwards to 2hours a day running around in a single zone that Lotus can spawn and have yet to see one spawned, even when a trusted guildie or friend was kind enough to share the timer.

Since the change to lotus spawns, the prices have gone from a average ~50g to ~100g each on the ah(No idea what the prices are Alliance side or on K2), I've bought a few and traded other mats for them as well. Since the change I very rarely see crafted flask on the AH as well as titans and supreme must be valued around 150-200g now. It's not big deal, but it is a spit in the face to those who did farm lotus legality before hand.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Maybe I need to get good or l2p, but I'm honestly baffled how what we currently have as a "Fix" is better than what I've suggested. It's possible someone might have a better suggestion to a fix or this change should have a second look at to better it for your players.

*speak of the devil I just picked one right after posting this, but I still feel the change that was made isn't kronos quality*

Last edited:
Why do you have to necro this 2 month old thread just to whine about how much you suck at picking lotus? Did you realize that - now that naxx is coming, you might actually need a flask or two?

When I decided to stop playing actively, I gave a friend of mine a stack of BL just because I had no use for it, surely you can do better than this.

No matter what kind of fixing you suggest, there's always going to be people who are more dedicated to picking up the herb, and those are the people who will get it, not you.

There is no loading bar that - once you fill it with enough resources called time - will spit out black lotus... except earning gold and using that to purchase lotus. No rng involved with that, nobody will take away the gold your earn yourself.

That one person who leveled 20 characters during the x7 event, who is camping all the spawns and gets filthy rich; everyone had the opportunity to do that.
Not putting in the effort and then complaining that in retrospect one has screwed himself is selfish.

I also think that people that invest more time/effort into it should overall get more of them.

But just because you were here while X7 was going does not mean everybody was.
I started here after the X7 and during the lags ( first private ever, so no lame jumping ), so no chance to get char's gifted, so hiding behind that is not ideal.

I started in the last two days of x7 and still have only one level 60 because I am lazy. Brezel, who posted before me, got several 60s because he invests time. And still I had enough time to geht enough black lotus for the upcoming naxx raids. The price increase from 50 to 80-100 gold also hits me with full force and I do not want to know how expensive lotus will become when we have more population (aka merge), TWO new raids (aq and naxx) but still the same number of lotus gatherable per hour. A few years ago on Feenix Warsong I have seen lotus and flask go for 150/200g. The question is if the herb and ore spawns in general will be scaling with the population and if it is acceptable for the devs that the prices explode that much.

Been one month since the last time I've posted and I've been unsuccessful in getting any lotus, so claiming lotus picking right now is set to a difficulty due to low level population is absurd. Now that K2 has AQ, merge a few weeks away and Naxx a few month away it starting look like more and more would prefer what I suggested and I don't blame them.

Option 4:

Even with a baby at home, restricting my time strongly, I was able to farm over 40 Lotus in one week. What the heck are you doing wrong? This thread is pointless right now.

Seriously, if you do not manage to gather at least one per day, you should maybe better farm gold and buy them of the AH. All it requires is having a little bit of luck and being very organized. P.S. I do not have 10 level 60 chars from x7, because I started leveling in the last 40 hrs of x7.

Rather than having the Lotus spawn every hour anywhere in a zone(that lotus would normally spawn) like they currently do, have them be a low drop chance off Level 275+ herbs

That's the same thing I've been proposing since.. ugh... since before I was a lotus farmer myself. Even Blizzard themselves eventually moved to same model with TBC.

Everyone and their dogs know there is no need to use flask for raids, but would you enjoy being able to flask without is costing an arm and leg or be able to self farm your own lotus weekly?

Yes. I don't want no world pvp. I just want to get my flask and raid. I don't need it to cost me "an arm and leg". I would enjoy it easy way just fine.

Option 4:

Even with a baby at home, restricting my time strongly, I was able to farm over 40 Lotus in one week.

You wont believe how this man farmed over 40 Lotus in ONE WEEK. Click to find out this UNBLIEVABLE Secret.

on a serious note though. Im sure the higher population of the now merged servers will somehow affect how easy it is to get lotus. however adding a small chance to get lotus dropped from regular herbs isn't the right way to handle it I think.

might have to go more conservative and save up lotus stocks for naxx and not use flask in every other raid.

You wont believe how this man farmed over 40 Lotus in ONE WEEK. Click to find out this UNBLIEVABLE Secret.

This wasn't about boasting, but about showing that it's possible even with difficult real life circumstances. But yeah, understand it your way.

Top Bottom