• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mage Blizzard and clearcasting. RIP?!?

Boatmage

Authorized
Looks like from earlier today mages can't proc clearcasting from Blizzard ticks. Is this intended or a bug? This is gamebreaking for mages in its current state as we can't AOE any more, without going OOM after a few casts.

Haven't seen a bug report either, which makes me curious. Feel free to test it yourselves.

Blizzard should only proc clearcasting on use, not each wave.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unusjpGt8bY

This is how it was supposed to be.

Not quite... however, the prior bug was way worse where mages never ran out of mana... however, they SHOULD have a chance to proc clearcasting at the initial cast of the spell, which I believe is now broken, however.. they should NOT have been able to have a chance to proc on every shard like it was before.

It may be just bad luck, but I never got Clearcast from the initial BLIZZARD cast. I do get it from frost nova, cone of cold, arcane explosion, etc. I think that the fix just made it to never proc CC at all.

From my experience since the patch that changed it - blizzard only proces on the initial cast ignoring if it hits anything (you can spam lvl 1 blizz on the ground and you should get 1 CC per 10 casts). On the other hand other AoE spells imo work differently - the 10% chance on CC is counted from every unit it hits.

For example if I go versus pack of 10 mobs blizzard has 10% chance of CC, but CoC/Nova/AE... has "10*10%" chance of procing the CC. I know it's not 100% but you see my point. It's been a while since I studied math, but in reality it might be something closer to this: 10 mobs CC%=100*(1-0.9^10)=65.13%

Since I started using Arcane Missiles lately in BWL I have noticed that the CC can proc on every of the damage tick of the missiles -> like blizzard used to. So should that spell be fixed too or what? It might be "abusable" in the way of spamming rank1 Arcane Missiles when I'm OOM just to get the CC buff. And if my math is correct, then the 5 dmg instances of Arcane Missiles have a total of 40.95% to proc the CC. I am too lazy at the moment to calculate the Mana vs DPS efficiency regarding Frostbolt's 10% vs AM 40.95%, but it might not be a complete waste of time.

Top Bottom