• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Can you get groups as non-tanking warrior

Boblole

Can you get dungeon groups as non-tanking warrior

I was also wondering the same for pally to a lesser extent. As a dps war at least, do people group as dps and have a
different person tanking

From personal experience. Many "dps" warriors are plain cunts. They rely on someone else to do the job they are either incapable of or believe to be less fun.

You will get a group as a dps warrior eventually, but if you are willing to tank you have a very easy time finding groups. Get 1 heal, no matter what class and done. 3 other dps are almost always easy to find.
If you want to put up with endless search for tanks, go ahead. I wouldn't do it.
Tanking is probably the hardest role in 5 mans you can pick and you will most likely have a hard time keeping aggro of multiple mobs at first, just don't let that disencourage you. Everyone starts small.

tl;dr tank yourself. Its frustrating at first, but becomes increasingly fun when you start getting good at it.

yea not gonna tank, I somewhat often get distracted, but my dps capability is usually fine. (just trying to figure out what class gonna try)

I would start out as a tank, simply to get gear faster. Green fury warriors are on par with tanks in dps. You have influence on the party setup aswell, just dont invite the armor types you want from the particular dungeon and all is yours.

yea not gonna tank, I somewhat often get distracted
Well, it sound like the only real reason. Many people are somehow... afraid of tanking, I don't know why, and I can't understand how can they deliberately increase the time of a group searching up many times.

Of course you'll be able find a group as any DPS.

When it comes to 5 mans...Having an extra warrior in the party IMO is better than having another squishy. If the tank dies its just a macro away from sword and board and you just saved the fkn day. -_-

Exp in Kronos is a bit unique. When I play warrior my leveling partner is also a warrior. They role DPS and I tank. If the Healer derps I have exp first hand where my partner jumps in and prevents the wipe. Since no one but the most gifted of players :wacko: is rolling prot to level its not like you're losing out on much DPS either way...cept when you are equipped with the shield.

It is up to you to decide how much shit you want to put up with. You don't always have to tank, but you're gonna hear it from a lot of ppl during the course of leveling. You always need to be open to taking that role on if someone drops out. While you may not be geared for tanking its better than no tank at all, so long as the rest of your group isn't completely useless.

Just keep that in mind while leveling. If you can spare the bag space (My left nut for a 9k slot bag), keep a few pieces of tanking gear/weapons with you at all times. It will add a new challenge for you as well as help you to become more well rounded in the class. Hell, people might even keep you in mind for groups down the line.

My philosophy is this: Not every class can tank, but those that can are also just as viable providing other support roles in any group.

Don't be one of those people :no:...who shoehorn a class to a specific role. Go ahead...grab your bandages, heal the party, and shout I GOT THIS! Only when about to wipe -_-

-HTH,
PP

Last edited:
Sure you can, but sometimes Tanks (if it is up on them) won´t pick you up beacuse you are there to steal their shit :D.

Just learn how to tank it is not that hard you just need to be a bit more focused. If you are afraid of tanking multiple mobs roll with an Engineering and use grenades and other stuff to gain threat or stun. I myself love https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=10646 for picking up more than 2-3 mobs.

Top Bottom