• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Changes made to Paladin mechanics on Kronos

Hisana

Are we able to pull up the changes made to the Paladin class here on Kronos? If not, could you maybe list some note worthy changes you've made?

Thank you.

Elaborate?
You mean changes or fixes?
Anything in particular that you are interested in?

Tried Twinhead?
No staff member is going to answer to this thread. Or at least I would be surprised if they did.

"Fixes" is just semantics. I'm just asking for changes, I really don't care why they were made I just want to know if they were made or not.

Int to crit conversion?
Laws by which SoC abides?
Holy resistance?
- Does it exist at all, or just through level difference?
- Can players partially resist holy abilities?
- HoJ affected by resistance?
Healing bonus coefficient on Flash and Holy respectively
Reckoning disarm circumstances

etcetcetc

Well I guess everything is aimed to be working the same way as in retail vanilla. If it differs for some reason it should be considered a bug. So if you can't find a bug report for a certain ability assume that it is working like it should. If it does not though, feel free to report it.

Here is a combined list of paladin bugs. Some are fixed already: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=7092
This one regarding resisting Seal of Command I could not find in that list: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=2367

It would be nice if you could filter issues per class to get an overview, but I don't think it's possible.

Int to crit conversion was discussed in this thread: https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/57011-Big-TheoryCrafting-Thread?highlight=theorycraft

Int/crit ratio needs more testing on the server.

0% base spell crit chance and ~30int/crit ratio gives you a crit% which is around the actual crit% at 190-280int, but you can do a 3hour test with 70-150int and see that your actual crit% will be higher than with those values. This indicates that paladins have some base spell crit chance which means int/crit ratio will be higher.

So far my tests indicate 2.3%-3.4% base spell crit chance and 40-60int/crit ratio, and the data looks the best with 2.7% base spell crit chance which gives 45int/crit ratio. Though I've only done roughly 10k casts(6-6.5hours with drinking mana and slacking) so there is a lot of variance which I can already see with my data. You can probably find the value(which shouldn't be different on this server) on some stock pserver core in 15minutes instead of doing 60-70hours worth of casting.

I haven't noticed any differences with FoL healing coefficient(1.5/3.5) between in-game and pure math. Libram of Divinity gives flat 53bonus to your FoLs, which may differ from other servers and some addons may count it as +healing gear instead.

Retri stuff you can probably find with search function and looking at the bug tracker which frederik linked, lots of ppl seem to be interested in those mechanics.

Last edited:
"Fixes" is just semantics. I'm just asking for changes, I really don't care why they were made I just want to know if they were made or not.

Int to crit conversion?
Laws by which SoC abides?
Holy resistance?
- Does it exist at all, or just through level difference?
- Can players partially resist holy abilities?
- HoJ affected by resistance?
Healing bonus coefficient on Flash and Holy respectively
Reckoning disarm circumstances

etcetcetc
Man, if you are asking for a change then you must provide us with information on how you expect it to be. Otherwise who in the world would know what Mr. Hisana considers a change. Seems like you finally got it.

Crit / Int is arround 60. Give or take.
SoC is a 7 PPM
Holy resistance does not exist
- read Twinhead for further info https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=6450
Healing bonuses are fixed on Kronos. More on that later.
Reckoning is mostly fixed.

Explanation on Reckoning. On almost every other private server Reck was fucking bugged. Extremely bugged.
Here its pretty much in an okay state I'd say. Only complain I have is that you can crit sit mobs to gain charges. This shouldn't be possible. Same with enrage for warrior.
Now to players complaints, Reck charges seem to get lost for no apparent reason. At least thats how it feels as first. Almost any for of CC will make you lose all of your precious Reck charges. Read Twinhead on what also makes you lose charges.

Spell coefficients for heals. Common misconception (cause of bugged private servers) is that heal talents which grant you a certain +percent will also affect your +heal. Wrong.
The talents for Flash of Light and Holy light will only work on the BASE values of the spell. Only after that will +heal be applied. i.e.:
100*1.12 + 500 * 1.5/3.5 where 100 is the base value, 1.12 is the talent and 500 is your addheal. 326.
(100 + 500 * 1.5/3.5) * 1.12 -> 352
Your heals on Kronos will be significantly lower then on most other private vanilla servers.

It's definitely Blizz like, me and my brother were playing around with it before reckoning got nerfed on official servers. We tried it after and it was a little dissapointing.

Wasn't that changed at some point in Vanilla so that crit chance is not 100% against targets that sit?

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-paladin/1069149.htm
Can I sit down to force a crit and gain a charge?
Charges will not generate off auto attacks or npc attacks by trying to sit down and force a crit. However, ability crits from physical abilities such as Sinister Strike, Hamstring, Auto-shot, Aimed shot, etc will generate a charge if you're sitting.
It would be utterly retarded if it weren't that way. Spam /sit and rogues/furies/ferals just nuke themselves.

Sit crit chance exists, but the crit from this are excluded from Reck and also other abilities.

vY5yU9H.png

mob was 1 level higher?

@all posters: how sure are you that 60 int = 1 crit? Would make a major difference what is BIS and what is not.

Are reck charges supposed to fall off when losing control of your character? In the video by Thakshar, it reads "ReckCounter will reset in combat when..." ReckCounter is the name of the addon that keeps track of your stacks. He isn't referring to the actual stacks, he is very specifically referring to the addon. The "tip" in the video serves to let us know that it's a bug with the addon and not the game mechanic. I've seen this video been thrown around a lot, what changes has Kronos made based off of it?

Last edited:
@all posters: how sure are you that 60 int = 1 crit? Would make a major difference what is BIS and what is not.

By testing. As I said in my post I can't be sure about the exact amount, but it lies somewhere between 40-60int/crit. Currently I'm using ~54int/crit and ~3.2% base crit chance, but it doesn't make a difference when choosing gear if the values are slightly different.

Are reck charges supposed to fall off when losing control of your character? In the video by Thakshar, it reads "ReckCounter will reset in combat when..." ReckCounter is the name of the addon that keeps track of your stacks. He isn't referring to the actual stacks, he is very specifically referring to the addon. The "tip" in the video serves to let us know that it's a bug with the addon and not the game mechanic. I've seen this video been thrown around a lot, what changes has Kronos made based off of it?

Search the bug tracker: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=2062

Not sure what I am supposed to do with that. It's a page that reads 'fixed' but reads absolutely nothing about what has changed. Also, in the comments there are questions from other 3 years ago that have not been addressed. I was hopeing to get some answers before hitting retirement.

I've gone ahead and requested the issue to be re-opened with my comment and a link to a video. I'm not sure how the devs like to have it presented but I hope I did it justice.

Last edited:
Well I guess with the stuff that is going on recently other issues got their attention. I don't know how to contact them further. Maybe try their Discord channel or IRC or just bump the ticket again. Or ask (write a PM) to Psojed as he is part of the testing team and knows the class very well.

Complaints about the video:

- no indication from which patch this clip is
- no continuous shot
- not all crits seem to grant charges

With that in mind I would also stick to the bluepost if I were a dev. Maybe if you try a bit more you can find a more convincing video.

Complaints about the video:

- no indication from which patch this clip is
- no continuous shot
- not all crits seem to grant charges

With that in mind I would also stick to the bluepost if I were a dev. Maybe if you try a bit more you can find a more convincing video.

- The guy has The Unstoppable Force, so it's past AV release. He has Greater Blessings, so it's past patch 1.9 (AQ40) (AFTER paladin over-haul)

- Do you think someone time-traveled back to create a video to prove this? And let's asume that this person did in-fact time travel back just to fool us in 2016.. What did he do then to keep the charges to oneshot the warlock?

- There is only 1 crit that didn't grant the addon an additional charge, and it also did not refresh his Redoubt talent back to 9 seconds. All other crits went through, reset his Redoubt timer and gave him a charge. What is your point?

Do you realise you're asking for a more convincing video than a literal GUIDE on how it's done, from the time we're talking about? What exactly do you want, lol. A peer reviewed paper?

Where is the evidence this shouldn't work? Because this video shows that it did infact work.

Last edited:
The video you just posted show just reckbomb attack , nothing about CC / Sit or other stuff reported on blue post , what are you trying to prove with that?

Top Bottom