• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Charge Mechanic

Nokiya420

So, my warrior gets stuck for like half a second after charging.
Is this a vanilla "feature" or bug here on Kronos.

Because if its a "feature" then I'll roll some other class.....

gonna make a video once I manage to get in server

You actually don't get "stuck", but your movement stops.
In comparison to tbc/wrath etc... you continue going your way.

Is this vanilla way or bug on kronos?

[video=youtube;uXxaZkyAdx0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXxaZkyAdx0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Not to mention that mob ends up being behind you instead of front.

I don't know any instant 60 servers to see how charge is there, and not gonna level from 1 on rebrith or something.
I'll look into some warrior vanilla vids. Brb

From what I've seen Nostalrius seems to not have this problem so I'm going to say this is a bug until proven otherwise.

He just keeps moving @ 12:16
[video=youtube;F8LsKYNbqQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8LsKYNbqQs#t=12m16s [/video]

Use slow motion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention that mob ends up being behind you instead of front.

How about you watch your own video and notice that the 1 second charge stun wears off before you arrive at your destination, prompting the mob to walk towards you, which leads you charging through it?

Hm yea, now that u mention it, that may be a kronos bug. I think I learned to auto strafe or jump or avoid that, may need to test it further - ur welcome to post it on the bugtracker.

How about you watch your own video and notice that the 1 second charge stun wears off before you arrive at your destination, prompting the mob to walk towards you, which leads you charging through it?

How about you try and understand I'm talking about possible bugs?

- - - Updated - - -

Hm yea, now that u mention it, that may be a kronos bug. I think I learned to auto strafe or jump or avoid that, may need to test it further - ur welcome to post it on the bugtracker.

Yea please test it if you can on multiple vanilla servers if possible. I just know that every other server from expansions doesn't have this.

Found this
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=7874&highlight=Charge

Apparently not a bug. Yet from what I can tell it was handled as bug on Nostalrius.

How do we figure out if its actually a bug or not?

I sent message to Bassil (the staff member who said its not a bug) to see if he can provide more information why its like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, it's not actually a root. Charge just cancels your movement. Which it most likely shouldn't.

I'm going crazy currently, watching countless retail vanilla pvp videos.
Sometimes, warriors just keep moving butter free after charge, you can see that there was no stopping. Other times they stop and stand in place for quite a while.

Also found out that while you charge, you can press any button million times and it won't register. Only after charge finishes are you able to issue another movement. And lots of retail videos show otherwise.

Watched nost charge video debugging and they didn't show anything about this, but their charge is definitely working better.

Example of retail vanilla charge without stopping. He would have to perfectly sync charge's animation finish with a button press to make it look like this on Kronos.

@1:37 slowmo

[video=youtube;ir2X_AKMtog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir2X_AKMtog[/video]

Made a topic on Nost but their shitty forum requires mod approval so probably not gonna happen since I mention Kronos...

Last edited:
Yes, this bug + charge speed getting affected by slows bug makes warrior PVP awful.

Its literally impossible to hamstring someone mounted even with 0ms and if you have some slow on you, intercept stun will wear off before you actually connect with target

That slows affect charge speed is blizzlike. Also, u can overcome this bug by hitting the directions again directly after completing the charge. The actual effect of this bug doesn't affect u a lot if u know it. So saying these things make warrior pvp awful is pretty exagerating.

Also, u can overcome this bug by hitting the directions again directly after completing the charge.
It is affected by server latency. For us poor NA players, it is quite possible to hit the movement key too early because of ping, and be stuck in place for slightly longer. These milliseconds make a huge difference as to whether I can get in range to hamstring before they get away from me, as getting in range for hamstring is also affected by whether my client and the server agree that I am in range (which is affected by latency).

NA players exist? Oh well, if trump get's elected u guys will surely die off sooner of later, so no need to change this.

(kek)

i Defiantly noticed this problem. When i encountered some world pvp. i would charge my opponent or in a duel and the delay was so bad they can just run away easy.. i was not sure if this was a bug or just vanilla. Because i remember in TBC/Wrath if i charge you as a warrior your myn..

I noticed that too. This is especially annoying when I am charging at a player running away from me. I stop after the charge, unable to move. My target is stunned as well briefly, but usually the distance between me and the player is so great that I can't even apply Hamstring.

Isn't the purpose of the Charge Stun to lock the enemy in place so this does not happen when it did not resist the stun? So you are always right next to your target.

Last edited:
Well whatever is right is right and should work fairly and to the benefit, when I played live vanilla years ago I played some warrior and I liked to fool around, jump around and suddenly charge like a bee, I reach my target and she is still stunned for half a second while im there hamstring and enjoying the common sense of it all.

I see some people seemingly defend the current situation behind the logic that "that is how it was" or "that is how it is meant to be because that is what it currently is", what if I tell you that the current system does not work optimally, therefore we are currently talking about it because it is a problem, it became a problem so it needs optimalization

Charge is supposed to put you within melee range and in front of a momentarily immovable target who must suffer the consequences of the charged warrior, if the warrior is placed somewhere else it will not help him, he might as well be placed on the moon, there is no point in charging for him, he might as well be given a ranged 1 second stun instead of his charge

Common sense MUST dictate logic through practice and not through the current system, if it does not work, optimalize it, or live with it slushing in the shit and the mud, the choice is yours, choose wisely

Last edited:
Charge is supposed to put you within melee range and in front of a momentarily immovable target
You best be joking...
On retail charge pathing failed when
- jumping
- running
- walking
- backpeddaling
- basically anything that didn't involde standing completely still or on a hill/slope/mole hill/minor obstruction

Crusader, within 3 of your posts you have proven to be an absolutely insurmountable ****** (a derogatory term for the differently able).

You best be joking...
- jumping
- running
- walking
- backpeddaling
- basically anything that didn't involde standing completely still or on a hill/slope/mole hill/minor obstruction

Crusader, within 3 of your posts you have proven to be an absolutely insurmountable ****** (a derogatory term for the differently able).

Dieing to every warrior huh? Might aswell just remove charge from the game to make your life easier... Go away ***** warlock or try playing a warrior in it's current state.

I noticed that too. This is especially annoying when I am charging at a player running away from me. I stop after the charge, unable to move. My target is stunned as well briefly, but usually the distance between me and the player is so great that I can't even apply Hamstring.

Isn't the purpose of the Charge Stun to lock the enemy in place so this does not happen when it did not resist the stun? So you are always right next to your target.

In vanilla, the stun application was server side so latency could cause it to wear off before you got to the target. On that same note it could cause the target to remain motionless longer too as the player had to wait for the server to cancel the effect.

To confirm an earlier post, slows did affect charge speed which should still be faster than running without slow.

You best be joking...
- jumping
- running
- walking
- backpeddaling

Warrior rarely had those issues at least by the bg patch.the first generally caused by the bottom, and the middle 3 only had issues when traveling over model overlap such as the entrance to WSG tunnel.

In vanilla, the stun application was server side so latency could cause it to wear off before you got to the target. On that same note it could cause the target to remain motionless longer too as the player had to wait for the server to cancel the effect.

What I don't remember from happening though is that you are locked in place as well after the charge ends. Or that your movement key is not registered anymore and that you have to press it again to continue moving. You never get uninterrupted movement with Charge working like that.
What I remember was that when you moved forward during the charge you would continue to move forward afterwards, if you still held the movement key. Without any interruption in between.
This, together with the lag, is the reason I rarely get in melee range after I charged as soon as the opponent is moving.

What I don't remember from happening though is that you are locked in place as well after the charge ends. Or that your movement key is not registered anymore and that you have to press it again to continue moving. You never get uninterrupted movement with Charge working like that.
What I remember was that when you moved forward during the charge you would continue to move forward afterwards, if you still held the movement key. Without any interruption in between.
This, together with the lag, is the reason I rarely get in melee range after I charged as soon as the opponent is moving.

I remember that too; however, I also remember that lag could cause the symptom described. I haven't played a warrior on this server yet so I can't say how game breaking it is.

I remember that too; however, I also remember that lag could cause the symptom described. I haven't played a warrior on this server yet so I can't say how game breaking it is.

Not being able to catch up and waste the only gap closer is not game breaking at all. /s

Top Bottom