• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Choosing faction for best PvP experience.

julio

Hello Kronosans,
I'm new on Kronos, just started my journey here. Scripts looks awesome, lower population isn't con for me - it looks that i could have here really good time.

I'm big PvP oriented player, especially as rogue.

So I'm wondering, which faction gives me more fun. So here's what I've heard so far:

Aliance:
Pros - faster queues, good premade groups.
Cons - they're less likely to win, terrible pugs.

Horde -
Pros - better pug BGs, faster and easier gearing
Cons - long queues

Right now I'm level 15 rogue Human, so it's not so big problem to start again, but is it really necessary?
Are differences between Horde and Aliance so big? If Horde wins like 6 out of 10 BGs (60% win ratio), I really wouldn't care if I stayed Aliance... but if its like Horde wins 9 out of 10 BGs, it worths to consider if I shouldn't switch faction.

Please, any serious advices and opinions?

Your sincerelly,
Vopzy the Rogue's Blade.

Mostly -

Alliance = If u'r in a premade u win, if u'r not u lose.
Horde = Not enough active, dedicated players for good premades, so u dodge alliance premade and win, if u get the premade u spit @ the first guy u see and /afk.

If u get a few good people as alliance pug u can still win, there are still a lot of undergeared people on both sides.

My answer will be pretty long
Cos its really hard to choice
So I'd better put it under spoiler..
Let's begin.
23513-wow-horde-739636.jpg

Lets dispell the myth of Alliance being the underdog in pvp ( Maredasan has not actively pvped for longer than a week at a time and has no experience of daily grind/queues, so he is clearly unaware that every peenix efamous pvper with a name ending with an X is on Ally by now) Then theres War Sole that will beat any horde group if being more than 4 players. The only thing horde has going for them is the gear of players that keep queueing after all this time, that are mostly dissoriented and will loose to any decent ally setup. Horde has literally ZERO godx players, and no pvp guild vas yet to impact horde. If this keeps up alliance will have 40+ min queues with 10 minute charity games because horde is nothing but a lonely ranker and green geared rogues protecting zerk buff. If you want to pvp, and not be carriwd by efamous xgodz you go horde.

Then theres War Sole that will beat any horde group if being more than 4 players.

This morning i was talking to old friend from Peenix. Heard War Sole has people like Nyht Fermelina Skylar Oidde Veeruli Kauerle Jude Maxamilion Baha. He also said there are good Kronos pvpers on alliance too.

GG. Why all on Alliance?

Me and 2 friends started on horde. For the Horde.

Why all on Alliance?

It was all Max, he made us go Ally! When we were starting, Alliance had instant queues and they were losing every single game unless in a premade according to people we asked about the server. That's why we decided to go Alliance, to even things up a bit. The plan was to everyone level Horde too during x7 in case change of tide happens and Alliance become stronger faction in time, but yeah, only people with easy leveling classes did it, aka Kauerles, Baha and me xD

Maredasan has not actively pvped for longer than a week at a time and has no experience of daily grind/queues, so he is clearly unaware that every peenix efamous pvper with a name ending with an X is on Ally by now) Then theres War Sole that will beat any horde group if being more than 4 players.

I was actively PvPing during the last 2 weeks of March and only got to meet this Vanguard (? - Zze and whatever) premade which our old one with burn lharts callow lubbo wasted etc. would have easily beaten. Other than that there were only pug games going on, which horde won every single game as far as I remember. I guess I've just not met anyone apart from Busdriverx that you are calling the gods of vanilla.

errr what?

So u'r saying that there are enough active players on horde side, that u would invite to a premade (are goodish) while also having a proper comp? And to play with that premade on a day to day basis?

Even more disheartening to play 5 random hordes vs 10 ally premade. And even more disheartening is premades dodging premades cause -quote: "it's not efficient, we must grind pug games for more honor." Getting goosebumps even from thinking about those times.

Last edited:
I have a solution for the premade dodging another premade!

1. Forbid pugs to be closer to any premade member in honor than 50k
  2. Then premade members won't need to farm a lot of honor
  3. Premades can fight other premades!

In reality:
  • Premades won't fight other premades, they will just not PvP for the rest of the week because they won't have to anymore. Also, afraid of and hate losing. After all, it's their "BIG PVPER" reputation at stake.

prior to 7x: horde used to win the majority of bgs and all prem vs. prem except vs. a certain group of players who didn't queue very often

post 7x: pugs more or less even, premades usually dominated by war sole/arcanum/irae, take your pick

tldr go horde pls

It's very much up in the air right now, thought Horde seems to have gotten some more players(so far) than Alliance which could lead to bigger queues.
But what is very much certain is this, Horde is disorganized as fuck.
Like you wouldn't even believe.
Arcanum runs a premade once/twice every week for some hours then that's it.
Horde ranking premade has been dead for like 5 months.(and yet we were actually winning a lot for a while, then Alliance premade formed)
Horde rankers since then have been only communicating with +1-2ppl to join in their games, and we have to dodge premades like nones business.
It's pretty looking pretty grim for a while for the Horde, but probably(?) the influx of new player will fix that issue.
Until it does, prepare to be farmed by Warsole/VG all day and barely get a 50%-60% win ratio vs pugs if you chose Horde.

Last edited:
Really boggles my mind how accepting everyone is of dodging but I guess if you don't have the players to compete you don't have the players

:X

Horde = Not enough active, dedicated players for good premades,

People just 2 lazy to set one up and not enough nolifers to have a solid premade core I suppose.

@ Dieless: Not sure where you are getting that 50-60% pug win ratio. I have different experiences there. Depends on which people u are getting I guess.

Last edited:
To give you a good example of being a pugging horde in a week with WSG weekend (and I assume it'll be the same this AB week) after some extensive PvP: Weds and Thurs were mostly wins, got in with players like Bagdemagus pretty often which helps in capping flags efficiently.

During WSG it was hell: win/loss ratio of 1/7 I would say. Alliance premades were constantly up. Even horde PUG vs alliance PUG ended up usually being a loss for hirde since lots if fresh geared horde queuing solo vs. T2 alliance. On Monday evening after raid decided to make a guild 'premade' with some of our regular PvPers and we won some games.

Tuesday was 30min queues again but wins most of the time.

In general the shorter the queue, the less chance of winning a game (which is sort of obvious).

Hello Kronosans,
Aliance:
Pros - faster queues, good premade groups.
Cons - they're less likely to win, terrible pugs.

Horde -
Pros - better pug BGs, faster and easier gearing
Cons - long queues

I'll just add that gearing up isn't any faster on Horde. This isn't post vanilla where you use honour as a currency to buy gear (which is also the reason why it makes so little sense when people go all crazy during AV weekend because of "omg honour").

For the first time in a year Qs and balance are even.
Horde PuG is still slighty ahead of alli, but its only a minor difference.

Pick whatever side you prefer and don't think too much about it.
Many PvPers roll both sides anyways to even the score if anything gets way out of hand. i.e. horde Q times

Lets dispell the myth of Alliance being the underdog in pvp ( Maredasan has not actively pvped for longer than a week at a time and has no experience of daily grind/queues, so he is clearly unaware that every peenix efamous pvper with a name ending with an X is on Ally by now) Then theres War Sole that will beat any horde group if being more than 4 players. The only thing horde has going for them is the gear of players that keep queueing after all this time, that are mostly dissoriented and will loose to any decent ally setup. Horde has literally ZERO godx players, and no pvp guild vas yet to impact horde. If this keeps up alliance will have 40+ min queues with 10 minute charity games because horde is nothing but a lonely ranker and green geared rogues protecting zerk buff. If you want to pvp, and not be carriwd by efamous xgodz you go horde.

This.

Horde are, from a premade perspective at least, an absolute joke on this server, so your choice should reflect what type of PvPer you are.

If you are a lone wolf, go Horde. If you like organized PvP, Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Really boggles my mind how accepting everyone is of dodging but I guess if you don't have the players to compete you don't have the players

:X

I love when Bagdemagus afks out facing 3-4 War Sole/Irae people.

#WSG10minutesOrGoHome

Top Bottom