• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Idea Clarifications needed for Multiboxing

Grykogh

It's clear that Multiboxing will not be allowed on K3. This is a good thing:

http://www.kronos-wow.com/2018/01/14/mark-your-calendars/
Players will be restricted to one character active “in the world” at any given time. This means no more alt-tabbing, no following, etc… Trading between two accounts in a major city will be allowed, but no other exceptions will be made to the rule.

This need some clarifications though:
Trading between two accounts in a major city will be allowed, but no other exceptions will be made to the rule.

Does this mean that you are ONLY allowed to do trading between your 2 charcters/accounts and by that it means you are not allowed to scan the Auction-house and make mage-portal for example?

Does this means that you are allowed to be logged in to one chracter in a city and one in the open world at the same time?

It is not very clear...

I would like to suggest an update to the multiboxing rules for Kronos 3 that clearly states what is and what is not allowed when it comes to multiboxing.
Nostalrius had very clear rules when it came to Multiboxing.
Something like this:

Multiboxing will not be allowed on Kronos III.
Multiboxing refers to playing more than one character at the same time. This can either be achieved by using multiple machines to run the Game or by running multiple instances of the Game. The following rules are not meant to be exhaustive, and using multiple characters to level, farm reputation, run dungeons, do raids and/or engage in PVP is considered Multiboxing and is not allowed.

There are a few specific situations where you may have two characters in-game simultaneously. This is ONLY allowed while both characters are in a non-hostile city with an Auction House:

Transferring items between accounts;
Using professions, as long as no farming or material gathering is involved;
Crafting, enchanting, banking and trading.
Portalling a second account only to and from major cities.

Last edited:
"Trading between two accounts in a major city will be allowed, but no other exceptions will be made to the rule."

This pretty much sums it up and is crystal clear. You can have two character at the same time in the same city to interact with one another. That's it. Period.

This pretty much sums it up and is crystal clear. You can have two character at the same time in the same city to interact with one another. That's it. Period.
But it doesn't say "interact" it say specifically trading and anything else is forbidden.

For example, as it is written now, you are not allowed to use the bank, open mail, make a portal or train a profession. But I dont think that is their intent to forbid that.

I agree with the OP, it's not clear enough.

If I can have my two characters online in town and trade between them, can I go and fly to Menethil with one of them while the other idles in town? Or will that get me banned because technically I've got them both open but they're not trading. Are they monitoring every interaction between every character? As soon as I am done trading if I don't log one account does it get banned?

Or how about things that are totally benign but just slightly less of a pain when you have your own char to log onto, such as needing to be in a raid to Herb in ZG. Can I invite my alt to make a raid and get in or does it HAVE to be someone else on a separate IP? This is technically multiboxing but it's so petty and inconsequential that it seems stupid to prohibit it or punish for it.

Another example of this kind of thing would be a situation where I'm grinding mobs on one character but every so often I log on my alt and herb some mushrooms upon their respawn. Do I have to log off the grinding account to herb the mushrooms even though the two characters do not interact at all in the world while they're both online? If so you're telling me I'd get banned for forgetting to log out for the herbing and log back on for the grinding? That seems absurd.

I'd love to get a detailed outline of where the line is on this, because it seems like either they're not going to be as strict as they seem like they will be or a lot of people are going to get surprise banned out of nowhere for really inconsequential shit.

I think, in the end, you just want to be able to have two players logged on to do whatever you want at any given time.

Just admit that. Own it.

I think, in the end, you just want to be able to have two players logged on to do whatever you want at any given time.

Just admit that. Own it.

yes ofc, if its allowed why wouldn't one do it? its maximising playing time on a server big time. If one has to fly to city for checking AH its waste of time when u can log alt and check it immediately.

Is it blizzlike? no. And it will have negative impact if people can freely have 2 characters at once

Also, especially on launch day one player taking two spots is not too fun. Thankfully it will be forbidden to do so.

True... it would be nice with clarifying it all, i would personally suggest that it should be trading only and thats it otherwise a lot of players will keep their alt online for the purpose of scanning only which not only waste's resource on the alt but also the constant scanning.

although the amount of resource waste is extremely low if you multiply it by 100 players or 1000 who have a passive alt scanning it suddenly becomes something and this could either be saved or recycled.

what i mean is, if they do not have to worry about a small army of alts being on constant scan-duty then they could reduce the search cooldown by a bit which benefits the overall playerbase especially those without addon or they could make more demanding scripts & functions all depending on how much resource is saved on it.

Note: Honestly speaking i think the only exception should be for guild banks, others should be required to make a bank character on their own acc and simply log back & forth between them if anything otherwise people will use extra accounts to simply avoid paying the bank bag fee.

But it doesn't say "interact" it say specifically trading and anything else is forbidden.

For example, as it is written now, you are not allowed to use the bank, open mail, make a portal or train a profession. But I dont think that is their intent to forbid that.
I agree with the OP, it's not clear enough.

If I can have my two characters online in town and trade between them, can I go and fly to Menethil with one of them while the other idles in town? Or will that get me banned because technically I've got them both open but they're not trading. Are they monitoring every interaction between every character? As soon as I am done trading if I don't log one account does it get banned?

Or how about things that are totally benign but just slightly less of a pain when you have your own char to log onto, such as needing to be in a raid to Herb in ZG. Can I invite my alt to make a raid and get in or does it HAVE to be someone else on a separate IP? This is technically multiboxing but it's so petty and inconsequential that it seems stupid to prohibit it or punish for it.

Another example of this kind of thing would be a situation where I'm grinding mobs on one character but every so often I log on my alt and herb some mushrooms upon their respawn. Do I have to log off the grinding account to herb the mushrooms even though the two characters do not interact at all in the world while they're both online? If so you're telling me I'd get banned for forgetting to log out for the herbing and log back on for the grinding? That seems absurd.

I'd love to get a detailed outline of where the line is on this, because it seems like either they're not going to be as strict as they seem like they will be or a lot of people are going to get surprise banned out of nowhere for really inconsequential shit.

It is pretty clear that being online on two accounts where one is in menethil is technically bannable. It is pretty clear that doing professions on one and doing banking on another is also technically punishable.

Top Bottom