• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

'Convenient-Bugs'

Solman

I would like to apologize for my English and the long post in advance :smile:
Even though we all love Vanilla wow, then we can all agree on that is was not perfect, far from.
With that being said, I played on The Rebirth where they had some 'convenient-bugs' like, that the summoning stones worked and that you were able to join bgs outside of the major cities by writing a command, and then get teleported back to where to was when you queued up after the bg, meaning you could be farming and then do a short bg without having to hs back to a major city and then fly back to your farming area. These very small alterations in the game made it a whole lot smoother and made PvE and PvP a lot viable because they were less time consuming, and therefor in my experience it made the game a whole lot funnier.

I can see that battleground Mobil queue-up could interfere with some people’s nostalgic experience of vanilla wow, where you were waiting around in the major cities for hours doing nothing waiting for a queue to pop...
However I can't see the summoning stones could interfere with anyone’s nostalgic experience.. Having to skip the last boss, because the healer left and you had no lock wasn't awesome.
I understand that there will be made an 10g max cost limit for respecs, to make both PvE and PvP more viable, which is awesome!

Is this something that the creators of Kronos would consider or not?
If an administrator would answer this I would be really happy.:smile:

To the BG commands - there are already 2 threads about it.

Meeting Stones are properly scripted here on kronos, that means, that they serve as LFG system together with Innkeepers.-

?? In 1.11 (if i'm not mistaken), the option to queuee for an dungeon was added to the innkeepers.

Wow that sounds like rebirth was some kind of funserver, go play on funservers if you want easymode, we only play real blizzlike vanilla around this parts!

Not much funserver about it, they just had a BG queue command. Which I personally like very much.

Not much funserver about it, they just had a BG queue command. Which I personally like very much.

Yeah. It was fun listening to the WoW 3rd Reich Purists complaining about how the .bgqueue command wasn't Blizzlike. They were the same ones complaining about the lack of battlegrounds. (This was on the Rebirth)

I dont like the idea of LFG idea. It would kill any kind of socialization and people would loose any kind of effort. This is what ruined RDF for me on Cata and WotLK. Incompetent people joining for dungeon, after first wipe/problem they can just leave and do it again and again.
This system would be without pentalties for sure, because it must be really hard to basically write functional Dungeon Finder of any sorts.

Why not do it the old way? That way, people wont just simply leave and go back to whatever they were up to after first wipe, they will try harder and that is what its all about.

Patch 1.5.0
Innkeepers around the world now have a gossip option that lets you join a meeting stone directly from the innkeeper rather than going to the location of the meeting stone. Also these Innkeepers will now have background lore about each of the dungeons.

On topic:

One of the best parts about vanilla is that some things are inconvenient. You had to ponder if a journey was worth it or not. Choose if you now go farm or do PvP. Take the BG pop while farming or not.

Convenient is for wotlk+ pussies :biggrin:

This system would be without pentalties for sure, because it must be really hard to basically write functional Dungeon Finder of any sorts.

Why not do it the old way? That way, people wont just simply leave and go back to whatever they were up to after first wipe, they will try harder and that is what its all about.

The vanilla meeting stone is very basic: "They were for filling in partial (or just-starting) parties whose members met the required level range[2] by auto-inviting suitable candidates."
You could do this by the respective stone or via innkeepers.

I don't know if you can summon with them in vanilla, would be very helpful.

There was a lot of discussion about meeting stones about 2 years ago. We managed to dig up, that it was LFG system in vanilla (and became summoning stones in TBC). Meeting Stones don't summon players in vanilla.

@Longhorn It's the old way. Meeting Stones/Innkeepers LFG system is pure blizzlike vanilla tool, but none vanilla server has it implemented and working, just Kronos. That's the reason why just few people knows about it.

Btw, it really isn't something like DF on WotLK and newer versions. It has just basic functionality, it automaticaly invites you into the group when someone log into the same dungeon, that's all.

Similar function is implemented in TBC as a "button" on main bar. I can't remeber that someone ever used it.
So, your fear is unnecessary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom