• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Critical Strike / Dodge / Parry / Etc.

kwah8787

Was hoping someone out there can give some clarification on the level 1 base crit/dodge/parry/etc chances. I noticed on the Kronos Beta server that rogues get 4.05% crit and 11.85% dodge, while a rogue on 'the other new server' has 8.93% crit and 18.02% dodge. Also I checked out a few other servers and they all vary between 0.16% crit and 10% crit (or something very similar).

I guess what I'm asking for is why are they all different? Is there no data or proof of what the values are actually supposed to be for 'blizzlike'?

Depends which formula is used and which scaling if vanilla or tbc one , but anyway im curious now and im gonna reasearch it a bit more

I dont know who u test it in kronos but...
Just make Rogue Troll...Starting stats
Crit-3.62%
Dodge-9.69
Starting Agility-25

If they use this Formula
http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Attributes
""For most level 60 character classes, approximately 20 points of AGI will increase your critical hit chance by approximately 1%. Rogues require 29 AGI for an additional 1% critical hit chance,""

""
For most level 60 character classes, approximately 20 points of AGI will increase your chance to dodge by approximately 1%. Rogues only require 14.5 AGI for an additional 1% dodge chance""

So my Starting Crit Without agility(no possible but still) will be Around 2.5% ,and starting Dodge- around 7%
:wacko:

Here can see some Change on starting stats on Rogue:
http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue
So.....dont sure did u make test will one class or swap it
Like Undeath starth with Crit-3.04% /Dodge-8.14%/Agility-21
So maybe they(kronos) use this formula for calculate it

Last edited:
This scaling depends on your race + class, if we talk about rogue your lvl 1 strength-stat look like that (at least should look like that) on different races:

Human: 21 - Strength . . .
Gnome: 16 - Strength . . .
Nightelve: 18 - Strength . . .
Dwarf: 23 - Strength . . .

Orc: 24 - Strength . . .
Troll: 22 - Strength . . .
Undead: 20 - Strength . . .

So yeah it could be useful to mention the race here kwah8787
The percentage calculation part is ... what indaco mentioned.

Last edited:
I remember way back in the day that rogues/hunters starting with more dodge and crit than other classes. Rogues starting with close to 10% crit and 20% dodge and hunters less than that but still higher than the normal about 5%. It seems some servers are spot on with this and some servers aren't even coming close. Wondering if an original set of World of Warcraft CDs would have the true data on it perhaps? It just boggles me that every server is different, as though no one knows what the blizzlike values are supposed to be.

Remember the rules stats have. The first x points only award a limited amount of the stat, such as Intellect (the first 20 points award 1 mana, not 15).

Wondering if an original set of World of Warcraft CDs would have the true data on it perhaps? It just boggles me that every server is different, as though no one knows what the blizzlike values are supposed to be.

it is calculates server-side so there is no info about that whatsoever.

But the differences between servers where OP is talking about is rather significant. If this persists until lvl 60 it would cause serious inbalance.

There was this huge theorycrafting topic on the forum here so I have the impression Kronos did proper research.

Top Bottom