• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Crowded spawn rates?

szsoulzek

A big problem on Nostalrius was that world objects (typically for quests) and most named quest NPCs had such a long, static respawn time.

I know Blizzard adjusts spawn rates dynamically based on zone population, but what I don't remember is if this was a classic mechanic or something that was implemented later on.

Should/shouldn't Kronos object spawn timers be dynamic?

Spawn timer's adjust themselves to number of players in an area.

in short the spawn rate is much much higher if there is 100 players in an area rather than 1, it automatically scales up & down depending on players so it wont end up as chaotic as Nos also many of the quest items have had their spawn duration lowered manually as well during the first months to compensate if the population suddenly got too large.

If I remember well the adjusted rates system was implemented in late TBC because of the Hellfire Peninsula fiasco. EVERYONE was in 1 starting zone, it was a nightmare.

Yea, you're right - Kronos is implementing it earlier (patchwise) than Blizzard did. And that's great if you ask me :)

If I remember well the adjusted rates system was implemented in late TBC because of the Hellfire Peninsula fiasco. EVERYONE was in 1 starting zone, it was a nightmare.

Yet it seemed like it worked pretty smoothly on Mists launch when everyone was in the same zone, and it was alot worse on WoD launch with awful lag, multiple crashes, garrisons didnt work etc, even with two seperate starting zones. Just wanted to point that out there, but you are right about Hellfire, I remember people talking about how terrible that area was at first.

Top Bottom