• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Defensive alternative to 31/20/0 MS/Enrage cookie cutter.

Horo

Authorized
Greetings fellow Warriors! o/

I've been experimenting with a substitute for the generic cookie cutter build, which looks roughly like this:

31/20/0 - Mortal Strike/Enrage

Here's my own development:

33/5/13 - Experimental build with more focus on survivability

Pro:
  • Upgrade from 3/5 2H spec to 5/5.
  • 10 Defense Skill from 5/5 Anticipation.
  • 15% Stun and Charm Resistance from 5/5 Iron Will.
  • Blood Rage gives 5 more rage upon activation. 2/2 Improved Blood Rage.
  • Last Stand.
Con:
  • No Booming Voice.
  • No Piercing Howl.
  • No Blood Craze.
  • No 1/5 Improved Battle Shout.
  • No Enrage.
I've come to the conclusion that Booming Voice isn't mandatory against Rogues, which is the main opponent this talent "checks". Thanks to Xposed for the great duels yesterday, even though we got distracted quite a bit by nature of choosing a populated place.

One more thing which needs to be mentioned that this build has strong synergy with the PVP Battle Standard and Livegiving Gem. This build also let's your character scale even better with gear. It trades damage output for survivability.

Please let me hear your opinion!

You can delete all the cons but Enrage and the build is an infirior alteranative.
Sure, resisting a kidney feels like a million bucks(I know firsthand) but the dmg loss is too great a cost.
But perhaps later with AQ when dmg becomes even more abundant and the set gives def too... yeah I can see this be a thing then.
Too soon atm I think.

Thanks for the feedback Dieless!

The main point of the stun resist is that you're facing the same opponents over and over again, and people will remember you having the stun resistance, which means they'll have to have contingency plans if a stun fails. It's more of a premade build where you're expected to be the meatshield.

I don't think of the +15% stun resist as "hopefully I can resist a stun", but instead let the enemy deal with it and hope for his sake that he has another "out" ready. In that sense, you could say it's absorbing more resources then the usual build does.

Since we are talking about 31/5/15 builds here, here is the PVE build I have been theorycrafting for DPS in dungeons/raids, tanking in 5-man instances and offtanking in raid environments. Because this is an Arms MS spec, it would also allow some PVP compared to basic fury specs.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LVhLbAio0zVZVfz0L

Is this build "good enough" or would I just be bad dps, bad tank and bad pvp player?

You got the defining tank talents in Last Stand and Defiance so you should be easily able to tank with that. I think this build will do well for what it's supposed to do.

Top Bottom