• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Did Horde get the short end of the stick in Vanilla?

Horde has plenty of quests that's not a problem, the only thing on that list was less zones to choose from because 3 Horde races (Orcs, Tauren and Trolls) inevitably end up in Barrens as a second zone (Undead can go there too, if they don't like Silverpine), while Alliance second zones are Westfall, Darkshore, Loch Modan + bonus Redridge (15-20, contested territory though).

I like horde city/fp locations more. With horde 99% chance your stone is in Org, so when changing continent you just ride to zeppelin tower, wait, and at UC or Grom'gol fly to destination. Alliance has one extra step because they have to fly to the harbour first and then do the waiting. That double afk was irritating when I leveled my first ally to 60.

For me it's sort of closure to the day to get to sort inventory through bank and AH. After marathon session would I like the hassle of travelling to a city and so forth? No. Add to that class and profession trainers, especially when you just dinged or finished farming session. All in one trip.

Otherwise Orgrimmar is easy choice, because it has the best connections. Close enough middle of Kalimdor, and from there you can get to the opposite ends of EK. (The hands-off flight from Grom'gol to Kargath is no where near the annoyance of waiting for ship in Feralas to DM.) Frankly I couldn't imagine having the stone anywhere else in any circumstance except if I would be mage.

As alliance I preferred Stormwind for a while and used BB for the continent transition, but after getting more FP's in Kalimdor I learned the alliance flight routes from Ratchet were retarded and expensive. Ironforge isn't as accessible city as Org but the convenience factor still outweighs having stone in some random inn in the zone you accepted quests from, especially when towards the end they tend to send you all over the world.

Well, during levelling I always put my hearthstone in quest hubs, i.e. Goldshire, Sentinel hill, Crossroads, Auberdine, Astranaar, Tarren mill, Booty bay, Gadgetzan, Light's hope... saves a lot of running around time. You can always auction items via the mailbox+bank alt and visit the trainer while travelling to a new location, etc.

I guess it could depend on the average length of you playing sessions, though.

I want to have some good pvp so I will probably play whatever side has the least amount of players :biggrin: , although I want to play a rogue and orc / human both seem like legit choices played troll hunter / night elf rogue back in the day because I just liked them. Orc / human seem OP though in hindsight since I am starting again :cool2:

For raiding? Absolutely. They're not as disadvantaged at the end of Vanilla as they were pre-Tranquil Air Totem (which still sucks badly in comparison to Salvation), but Windfury Totem and Chain Heal do not make up for Kings, Salv, Might, Wis, Fear Ward etc.

PvP? Horde has a bit of an advantage, but it's not as big as ally may think.

Not really sure why someone listed DP, even for pvp. Costs about 1k mana, does less damage than sw:p, 3m cd, gets cleansed 90% of the time, pretty much requires you burning Inner Will to cast.

CC of any kind. Oh it can't get dispelt because Shamans can't do that? Tough luck.

Dispelling Blind is pretty awesome (and Viper Sting even tho it's not CC). Shams can play smart and cast a Tremor/Grounding in advance. See a priest coming in range? Tremor. Doesn't do anything for non-party members sadly tho.

Not really sure why someone listed DP, even for pvp. Costs about 1k mana, does less damage than sw:p, 3m cd, gets cleansed 90% of the time, pretty much requires you burning Inner Will to cast.
Because for a while, the damage still returned health with VE, so you gained 120% of your damage back as health when you casted it. It was also either a curse or a disease, and wasn't high up on a lot of people's dispel priorities due to the aforementioned low damage, even when you were in a group fight; if you were 1v1, DP was a killer weapon to have at your disposal, even if it meant burning Inner Will.

Though to be fair, no Priest racial could ever top the amazeballs ability that was Starshards.

Top Bottom