• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Does anybody know if this quest works on Kronos?

Magnifican

Authorized
Does the quest "Counterattack!" work here? Its a lvl 18 quest I think, Horde-only in the Barrens. There is a semi-long chain of you killing centaur leaders and then the finale of this chain is the invasion of centaurs. This is the only kind of obvious phasing with "heavy scripting" quest I can recall from vanilla and I noticed that it didnt work at all on this other vanilla server (that I wont bother to mention). It was just broken and nothing happened. Did anybody get to this quest during the beta? If so does it spawn the centaurs once you accept the quest? If no players from beta knows, maybe anyone from Kronos staff could give an answer to this? It says alot of the overall scripting quality of a server when these kind of quests are working me thinks :rolleyes2:

Thanks for answer and have a nice day!

EDIT: Oh! And another thing! Does every mob have death animation on this server? It was so frustrating that like half the mobs instadie on the ground on this other server. It breaks immersion for me when they are fighting you then instantly dead on ground! Most awful one so far has to be the Molten Elemental in RFC, no death animation and its suddenly fallen apart all over the ground! lol

Last edited:
I did this quest the other day when I was doing my full Horde Quest sweep for the barrens, and I took some screenshots. I haven't converted them yet or added my findings to the quest report, but yes, it is working. You can complete it easily. That's actually part of the problem. There's an over abundance of horde NPC defenders that spawn, in addition to the Kolkar invader NPC's spawning both in front of and behind the barricades.

The Youtube video listed in the report is dead on, and I'm sure when time permits it will be updated to match it more closely.

If you were curious, the quests leading up to that one for the chain worked flawlessly. In fact, the barrens quests in total were all pretty tight - there were none that couldn't be completed. This includes the Samophlange Manual ending quest, the Northwatch quests, and even Dig Rats + the Gann's quests.

Edit - to answer your question on death animations, if it had a death animation on Retail, it's showing up here on the server as well. The Kolkar don't insta-flop onto the ground. They do the rearing up and waving of hands with a grunt before falling over. I ran Ragefire Chasm to test the quests (All working correctly) and the Earth elementals (molten?) do the shiver-shake animation before bursting apart to hit the ground.

Last edited:
Thanks for the informative answers guys! With this info I think I can safely say that at least so far as the Barrens zone goes, Kronos does indeed have the best scripting out there. And this is coming from an Nostalrius player (currently). It'll be a real pain to have to start all over again, but I might just join Kronos when it launches.

Best scripting wins for me personally, even if the playerbase might be (or not) slightly smaller here.
Also, about the launch. Is Kronos planning on having increased spawnrates during the first few days after launch? Because it was a real pain to quest on Nostalrius, I even waited a few days to let the big wave pass first, but even then it was so crowded with people that questing was almost impossible.

Spawn time here is like in blizz...Dinamic spawn.Simply say:If have 5 ppl in barent,nps spawn for 2 min....if have 50 ppl in barent,nps spawn for 20 sec.More ppl on same playe=fast respawn. :smile:

But don't take spufy's numbers for real xD but anyway a good example ;)

But don't take spufy's numbers for real xD but anyway a good example ;)

In TBC - the smartspawn was implemented with TBC release - some areas could be dangerous with a high amount of players around: It was such a high spawnrate that people still made groups in order to not get blown out of the water by crazy respawn rates. :D

In TBC - the smartspawn was implemented with TBC release - some areas could be dangerous with a high amount of players around: It was such a high spawnrate that people still made groups in order to not get blown out of the water by crazy respawn rates. :D

In vanilla there was already a system that was :There needs to be a minimum amount of mobs spawned at each time, like, if there's 10 mobs and there's a set minimum of 2 spawned, if you kill 9 fast, 1 more will instantly spawn.

With TBC they just made it so the minimum scales with the amount of people in the area.

Does this mean items will respawn instantly? Waiting 5 minutes for the Iron shipment in Hillsbrad Blacksmith or 10-15 minutes for the flying machine in gann's quest sucked on Nost.

Sadly, dynamic respawn now should work only for NPCs because for objects, this rule can't be used widely. It must by used on every object separately which is too much time consuming.

Sadly, dynamic respawn now should work only for NPCs because for objects, this rule can't be used widely. It must by used on every object separately which is too much time consuming.

I will gladly wait a few minutes for an item so long as I can kill stuff while I wait. Having to sit around for 10 minutes on end for an item with no mobs spawning for a similar length of time I can not stand. I quit nostal at level 12 because I got sick of that, can't wait for Kronos.

Last edited:
In the beta right now, noob starting areas and their respawning quest items are spawning at very fast rates. Like within 30 seconds for the toolbox, etc quest for gnomes / dwarves, and the dirt stained map in Mulgore. I think they've planned ahead for the opening day chaos.

Top Bottom