• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman Enhancement Shaman Questions

Tatts

Hi all,

I have a couple questions about raiding as an enhancement shaman.

I have read that enhancement dps isn't great compared to a lot of classes in raids. Do people still take enhancement shamans to raids or is it less likely to find a spot?

I have also noticed that all the raid gear for shamans has stats for spell casters. How does that work for enhancement shamans in raids?

Thanks

Greetings, Tatts!

I have read that enhancement dps isn't great compared to a lot of classes in raids.

Shamans' dps is usually ~70% of a similarly geared hunter. We all know that hunters' dps isn't that great in vanilla.

Do people still take enhancement shamans to raids or is it less likely to find a spot?

If the GM or RL is your sister's husband /or something similar/ you will most likely get a raid spot as Enh.
Most of the "How to: Enhance" guides suggest you will be brought in raids for keeping Nightfall up. However, that's not the case. Hunter /spamming Wing Clip/ or OT /spamming Hamstring/ are by far better spots for keeping the debuff up.

I have also noticed that all the raid gear for shamans has stats for spell casters

You won't be using your Tier X shaman gear as Enh spec. You will be after Chance to hit / Chance to crit / Str / AP / Agi / Sta gear.

Regards

Last edited:
A healer isn't going to get Enhanced Weapon/Enhanced totems talents. I'm not saying it should replace a healer slot, but there are only so many tank/ healer slots required at a time. Having a healing shaman in the melee group would waste the mana tide totem and windfury totem is a huge boost to melee damage, so much so that it would practically guarantee the shaman's spot.

A healer isn't going to get Enhanced Weapon
Doesnt work with totems - doesnt help group.
Enhanced totems talents.
It gives a very small boost to overall damage.

Having a healing shaman in the melee group would waste the mana tide totem and windfury totem is a huge boost to melee damage, so much so that it would practically guarantee the shaman's spot.
30 yd totem range(healer talent) is enough to staying in range/mid-range group.

A healer isn't going to get Enhanced Weapon/Enhanced totems talents. I'm not saying it should replace a healer slot, but there are only so many tank/ healer slots required at a time. Having a healing shaman in the melee group would waste the mana tide totem and windfury totem is a huge boost to melee damage, so much so that it would practically guarantee the shaman's spot.

All resto shaman spec 0/22/29 in Onslaught.

We usually have 5 or 6.

Currently for BWL we do not run more than 10 healers, sometimes as low as 8. For MC as low as 6.

However, during progression we want to run as many as 12 healers. Farmed content and speed runs, I have my hybrids run dps offspec. Usually it means elemental, feral, enhancement, moonkin, or priests switching to alts (1 priest is always shadow)

On vanilla play too much players, wich are noobs and just use builds they found on internet.
Thats why someone say shamy got 70% of hunter dps.
If you know how to play shamy, you go for 21/30/0 talents and full on int(mana per sec) + streng stats.
I got totaly useles gear (total unlucky drops this character lol) and im behind mages on dps, if they had same gear as me I can overDPS them. Shit thing is, i must use windfury totem on raids, but i actualy need 20% agro reduce totem, so i dont have to stop shoting 1200dmg frost shocks, while my threat is big.

But there are lamas, so roll resto or play suxy furry war.

Top Bottom